Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

No crying just didn't want Runescape to absorb your misinformation.
    Scorch is fine for a defensive pet. If your looking to put out more dmg to melt those elite packs faster Abbadon is the way to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapix View Post
    No crying just didn't want Runescape to absorb your misinformation.
    Scorch is fine for a defensive pet. If your looking to put out more dmg to melt those elite packs faster Abbadon is the way to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Well i need scorch over abaddon cause i want more tankyness vs elite when ill be there... + i dont have full mythic so a pet with dmg wouldnt be at its full potential without a master doing great damage

Envoyé de mon iPod touch à l'aide de Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Runescape View Post
    Well i need scorch over abaddon cause i want more tankyness vs elite when ill be there... + i dont have full mythic so a pet with dmg wouldnt be at its full potential without a master doing great damage

Good choice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Guys guys, settle down. Everyone has their own opinions and playstyle, lets not bash each other for it.

Food for thought, both are good pets on paper, but I have only had the chance to experience Abaddon after tons and tons of convincing and it wasn't a bad mistake.

Abaddon is a great pet for a PvE mage, it is way above average. I can say it is a top shelf pet to use for a PvE Mage. If you're a heavy PvEr like myself, you can easily grasp the benefits that a Abaddon can provide in an Elite run.

Also Clyde is a great pet also for 90 Plat, but it is NO WAY better than Abaddon. I have a capped Clyde and I can tell the benefits of both pets. Each pet has its advantages and disadvantages in a situation.

I can see Runescape has decided to purchase a Scorch which is a great choice from hearing alot of guildies talk about it and trying to convince me to get one. I am still waiting on further in-depth reviews on it before jumping on the wagon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Guys guys, settle down. Everyone has their own opinions and playstyle, lets not bash each other for it.

Food for thought, both are good pets on paper, but I have only had the chance to experience Abaddon after tons and tons of convincing and it wasn't a bad mistake.

Abaddon is a great pet for a PvE mage, it is way above average. I can say it is a top shelf pet to use for a PvE Mage. If you're a heavy PvEr like myself, you can easily grasp the benefits that a Abaddon can provide in an Elite run.

Also Clyde is a great pet also for 90 Plat, but it is NO WAY better than Abaddon. I have a capped Clyde and I can tell the benefits of both pets. Each pet has its advantages and disadvantages in a situation.

I can see Runescape has decided to purchase a Scorch which is a great choice from hearing alot of guildies talk about it and trying to convince me to get one. I am still waiting on further in-depth reviews on it before jumping on the wagon.
    Which was a bad idea cause i am still maining a rogue. Ill keep my mage for a later twink but oh well it was 250 free plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Slag beats both tho and best mythic pet in arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    Slag beats both tho and best mythic pet in arlor
    Sorry to say that but you are late

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Just run around with Ribbit and TS. Killing things 10% faster is the same as a 10% XP boost and saves you major invesment in an otherwise mediocre pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Just run around with Ribbit and TS. Killing things 10% faster is the same as a 10% XP boost and saves you major invesment in an otherwise mediocre pet.
    I bought abaddon on my rogue and liked it, i got sorch on my mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Well, I have both Abaddon (Lv 36) and Scotch (Lv 27).

In my view, both are good for mages but they can be useful at different situations.

For Abaddon, its damage, speed and armor boost is very important to elite farming. It is useful to both elite mobs and bosses.

For Scotch, its critical boost is useful to time shift and lightning. You will definitely notice more 'Critical' appearing when you cast these two spells. However, its shield can only absorb up to 1550 damage when it is lv 36. Its shield will disappear quickly when you get hit by any elite shuyal mob one or two times. I think its shield is particularly useful to avoid being 'one hit' killed by elite bosses.

So I think both are good, but if I only have 250 plat and have to choose one, I will go for Abaddon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Hey, i maybe late to reply but abbadon helps alot. Abbadon's arcane ability is decent for killing mobs not to mention its deffensive stats.
    The +armor and -armor, -crit debuffs helps alot.

Abbadon vs scorch?
    Abbadon all the way.