Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #181
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

All good points in here guys, we're reading them.

It is worth noting that obviously after crafting the Ring from the shard you can trade it, etc. There are some very valid concerns in here, and while I can't go into details at the moment we want to perserve the balance between effort and reward, free players and platinum spenders in a way that keeps the game fair for everyone. It is a new thing we are trying this season, and if it is a wonderful disaster then we will move away from such things in the future. If it goes over well, there is absolutely the potential (That's potential, not promise ) to replace the specific Arcane Item loot in the crates with just the Arcane Shard, and allow players to craft the item they WANT versus the one they received via a recipe later on.

Good thoughts guys, keep them coming.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

It is worth noting that obviously after crafting the Ring from the shard you can trade it, etc. There are some very valid concerns in here, and while I can't go into details at the moment we want to perserve the balance between effort and reward, free players and platinum spenders in a way that keeps the game fair for everyone. It is a new thing we are trying this season, and if it is a wonderful disaster then we will move away from such things in the future. If it goes over well, there is absolutely the potential (That's potential, not promise ) to replace the specific Arcane Item loot in the crates with just the Arcane Shard, and allow players to craft the item they WANT versus the one they received via a recipe later on.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear to. Let's imagine that I want to loot a maul. I open X crates with hope and yeah, I see red "Arcane" inscription. But dam! This isn't a maul, there are hooks! The rarity is the same, but the price is different. The replacement of all arcane things by shards would tame all frustrations, described above, cuz I'll just loot a shard and craft a maul.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 02-26-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm. this is become too complicated. the arcane shard sound like a gems upgrade system.

well we have arcane weapon.
    lvl26 - arcane hook
    lvl31 - arcane maul
    lvl36 - arcane staff

a mystery on what will happen if all the arcane weapon upgradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello ! admin !
    i love game ! i want baner of vietnamese ! i think can give baner vn ! vn dont nice hack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

That sounds like PL crafting where as long as you have the components and the recipe you can craft the item you want without having to rely on the luck of crates to get it.

Can I just say, YES PLEASE!
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

First good news for non-plats users after a year+ of playin AL.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    actually, that's not true. World of Warcraft and online games are for complicated game mode, etc.. STS games were built on the premise of being a more casual, pick up and play type game. That's why the first game was called "pocket legends", they have so many "where do you play Legends games" contests, and the instances take 5-10 minutes to run not hours like the more complicated online games.
    I think Arcane Legends is both. For the more casual gamer, they can do quick runs that take 5 minutes or less in the regular dungeons or crypts. And for those of us who wants more of a challenge, we can run the elite dungeons that take longer.

That said, I think the quest for the most powerful item in the game should also be the most difficult quest, should take more than 5-10 minutes, and should be for those who do want a real challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

So if locked crates drop arcane shards will elite chests have a chance to drop shards too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

this is what i like! its more like ragnarok now but good i love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    For the people who dont want to spend money and say the game got more complicated should shift to another game.
    As you wish!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Any new about what would happen to current mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Any new about what would happen to current mythics?
    Wrong thread. There is another thread in announcements forum about that....

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lave-Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Solid post Carapace.
    This is good news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soupdetat View Post
    Hmm. this is become too complicated. the arcane shard sound like a gems upgrade system.

well we have arcane weapon.
    lvl26 - arcane hook
    lvl31 - arcane maul
    lvl36 - arcane staff

a mystery on what will happen if all the arcane weapon upgradeable
    This could be sweet! Especially since Rogue arcane weapon is lvl26 still and ready for shard enhancement to go with that new ring :^}

Also would be cool to have a way to turn the shard into whatever you want it to be with options... it makes the shard much more flexible of an item and useful for different peeps for different uses.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Great idea.

Plus (maybe some people might disagree) if we can craft arcane item at any level(or maybe like tarlok did) , that will resolve arcane item upgrade problem and make arcane shard more valuable because twink are big market for sts if you care.

Then recipe should be tradable tho.

Just an idea.
    Last edited by Excuses; 02-27-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:1494490

I wonder if that would lead to shard hoarding until new arcane items are released every season.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #197
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I wonder if that would lead to shard hoarding until new arcane items are released every season.
    There are a number of potential overlaps, implications and the like associated with such a design. The idea would need to be thought out with that in mind, among other things.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So then what is your solution?
    From earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Here's a idea, no more upgrades. Keep arcanes and mythics in lockeds/ elite goldens but let elite bosses drop mythics. Some will say "oh what about the market itll make mythics so cheap." Well make the chance of it dropping like it was supposed to be "mythic". Imo what does that mean, it means if you played pl and farmed for dragon armor in fang thats about what a mythic drop rate should be. Bam best idea
    Take the currency switch of what the current price of most wanted dragon armor is (2mil or so) calculate the conversion to al prices which should be actually a bit higher price then now
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 02-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Take the currency switch of what the current price of most wanted dragon armor is (2mil or so) calculate the conversion to al prices which should be actually a bit higher price then now
    Make it so that you cannot re-roll a mythic using luck elixir or lep and you would have no complaint from me. Dragon items in PL used to be very rare and sell for many millions BEFORE they added the ability to re-roll them. That ruined their value. I paid 26m for my green dragon set, and a year later it was worth less than 5m.

As Sam Hayne originally explained to us all last year, the reason why we have chests in AL instead of the normal drop system that was in PL was so that luck elixirs could not be over-exploited. Going away from the chests adds that problem back into the mix.

My opinion actually is that all mythics and arcanes should not only be available in elite golden chests, but also in elite copper and silver chests, but at a lower drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote: Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Yawn...... same <Gentlemen, start your gambling> stuff all over again....

To STS: you would never change your plat-sucking ways, would you?