Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

The Swift Trade Scam: A player offers to trade you their item/gold for your item/gold. Before confirming their trade, they will change the item/amount of gold in hopes that you wont notice.
Example: Player A offers 200,000 gold for your Leprechaun Pendant and you decide to sell it. In the trade menu, they put down the 200k and you put down the leprechaun pendant. Before you confirm the trade, they change the amount to 20,000 gold, and they confirm the trade.
Example: Player A is selling their Lvl 10 Storm Sword for 200k. You wish to buy it. In the trade menu, Player A puts his level 10 item down and when you put your 200k down, he changes his item to a lvl 30 storm sword (which is cheaper), and you both confirm.

Advice on Avoiding this Scam: Always double check the confirm screen before ending the trade. Check the 0's on the gold amount, and check the item name/level.
This is such a common scam, yet there are people against these suggestions just because they dont want to go through the unnecessary hassle of 3 windows.

5 minute window is a good idea but the trolls can be heartbreaking I like that and the pop up window solution which says "Player X gave you ABC items, is this what you had asked for?" With check option for no and yes. Yes closes window, no reverts trade. Imagine how many people would be saved from the aforementioned scam.

P.S.- I don't mean to insult anybody's opinions!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk