Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dragon Enclave | World Bosses | Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Getting to Rendtail will be the difficult part in elite mode. The dungeon is chock-full of mobs and the density in normal mode is what makes it fun. In elite mode, this could be a real treat. The stunning mobs could present a challenge in elite mode, as could the self-healing mobs.

It almost seems like Rendtail will be a soft landing after trudging through countless mobs all at once. It kind of feels like Undim Fields on a mega-pull, which is awesome.

The only things that I have issues with are the glitched windup zones, especially with Tribal Abomination, and the pull mechanics on Algarnon.

As far as the bosses, there really is only one that kills me with any regularity...Algarnon. His pull is devastating, and there is really no way to get outside of his attack zone after he pulls. With Grimnr, when he pulled, his AoE radius was small, so you at least had an opportunity to move out of range it if you were focused on avoidance after the pull. I'm still working out some of the mechanics on Algarnon, since, in my opinion, he is the most challenging.

I do like some of the new twists in this campaign (like the keystone to unshield certain mobs). I just wonder how that will play out in elite mode, because if it takes a really long time to take down the keystone, I think that it could be too challenging for less than ideal parties, especially considering the mob density.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

In my opinion, the third boss can shift the hit area a little too quickly. Unless you get out of the range away from him, he will follow you and 1 hit you.
    A possible fix for this would be slowing down the speed at which he can shift the hit area. Still allow him to follow players, but make it slower so you have a chance to get away.
    Just my opinion.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluidShot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Alargan = frostr v2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Curse you Algarnon! How you whipped me into oblivion! You made my armour look like it was made out of toilet paper.
    Mind you, I gate crashed a party of mages, helped them by tanking all the way (don't need permission cos I haz an axe ), but we as a party sucked against Algarnon. Tanked and tried to keep the mages alive as long as possible for them to inflict mega damage, but couldn't get his health bar below 75%, it was like they was using pea shooters! so yeah did the usual cried and left!

I was blowing the HoR like it was going out of fashion!!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waheedski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

LoL. I just got a chance to play today for the first time. I didn't think the first two bosses were bad at all..but man that Algarnon was pretty tough. We did it, barely with many, many, many deaths. My only complaint with him is his dmg after he pulls you in. There was no way I could survive it.. and no where I could run fast enough to avoid it. It was a guaranteed instant death for me. If that could somehow be fixed - he would be awesome! I"m ready to check out the last two bosses when I log back on.. hopefully they won't take 45 minutes to kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I have to see if George can stun Algarnon after a pull. I may not get the chance to test it for a few hours, so if any of you can find out before I log in, you may save me some plat on revives :-)

I'm not sure how well George will work for Rogues and Sorcs here because we spend most of our time at range, but we need George to be engaged with Algarnon in order for his Arcane to do what I think it will do. It will probably be a balancing act of staying far enough away to avoid his tail whiplash attack, while being close enough that if you get pulled, George can stun him.

Now that elite legendary blades have been confirmed as an elite drop, I think that this may be the map that it drops from, so I'm trying to work out a plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can somebody tell me if a level one Alejandro can stun Algarnon? I've heard you need a stun pet, and Alejandro's arcane is a stun. I'm at that map but I'm only a level 35 rogue. I can solo Drake easily, less than 20 pots.

Alejandro is the cheapest stun pet out there and I'm on a low budget. 1k compared to George's 70k, and I would much prefer to save 69k rather than blow 3/4 of my cash on a white monkey.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I used Kelvin to stun Algarnon, I swear no joke, next second Kelvin was running behind me! I was like HUH! Get back there and STUN HIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!! Normally he would latch onto a Boss, suppose Algarnon scared the hoot-nannies outta him.

I'll use Clyde next time with a better party and a ton of plats to do the 15 second party invincible thing.

I'm keen on buying that new spider pet something-lurk, the one with 100 mana, anyone understand it's stats, it's all rocket science to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

OK, so here is the scoop. George DOES stun Algarnon!

The most difficult part is as I expected, staying close enough that George stays engaged with the dragon. If you kite too far away, George disengages and his Arcane Ability will miss.

I had some success soloing this map by kiting at middle range, using George's stun when I get pulled. Instead of spamming skills, dismiss and resummon George, because Algarnon will pull you again before George's Arcane cools down.

@NovaZ - you will want a pet with 100% stun ability, and that means George. All other pets are a chance to stun.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

i did sme test. without stun pets my targe weapon can stun.
    then used valkin. it does stun nd valkin has stun high rate.
    Last edited by utpal; 03-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sizari View Post
    In my opinion, the third boss can shift the hit area a little too quickly. Unless you get out of the range away from him, he will follow you and 1 hit you.
    A possible fix for this would be slowing down the speed at which he can shift the hit area. Still allow him to follow players, but make it slower so you have a chance to get away.
    Just my opinion.
    speed way too slow of alargan boss. its fine. use valkin. its active ability can snare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    OK, so here is the scoop. George DOES stun Algarnon!

The most difficult part is as I expected, staying close enough that George stays engaged with the dragon. If you kite too far away, George disengages and his Arcane Ability will miss.

I had some success soloing this map by kiting at middle range, using George's stun when I get pulled. Instead of spamming skills, dismiss and resummon George, because Algarnon will pull you again before George's Arcane cools down.

@NovaZ - you will want a pet with 100% stun ability, and that means George. All other pets are a chance to stun.
    its Alargan .
    btw wat is the CD of george?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Use kelvin to stun.. kelvin CD isn't so long

Sorry My English

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

So is rendtail's name "Lord Rendtail" or just "Rendtail"? Juuuust wondering....

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

Try with a warrior maybe? That would really help stun the dragon because a good tank can withstand the attacks if he knows how to dodge the red zone. For solo, yeah you'll have to do the aforementioned trick as suggested.

Btw, I haven't experienced the pull with my warrior but since I'm guessing it's almost same as inan's pull, run in its direction? Just a thought!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    So is rendtail's name "Lord Rendtail" or just "Rendtail"? Juuuust wondering....
    He doesn't deserve the "Lord" title :|

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Alargan boss is perfect! Finally a good challenge!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I have a toon named Lordrendtail and i'd be sad if there was no "Lord".

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Try with a warrior maybe? That would really help stun the dragon because a good tank can withstand the attacks if he knows how to dodge the red zone. For solo, yeah you'll have to do the aforementioned trick as suggested.

Btw, I haven't experienced the pull with my warrior but since I'm guessing it's almost same as inan's pull, run in its direction? Just a thought!

The only thing that war need to beware of that rage mode. War must run away from him for jst 5sec. And also should save horn as incase it pulls when in rage mode party gets wiped. I hav tried with my war.
    Atfirst i died like 5-6times. Further i practice with timing and sme strategy i mastered tht boss .
    I use CS, jugg,windmill and horn.
    With valkin (coz of it high stun rate).
    Also my weapon targe does stun.

What i do is i dnt spam horn. Rather i use pots. I use horn only when he pulls all member. This is the only way to save party. Nd my jugg is always active whenever it is CDed.

The boss has 1 normal attack tht is Tail Slash (i say ) and
    3windups mentioned below
    1) tht charge straight like frostr. [Pretty dodgeble.]
    2) tht pulls aggroed character.
    [Dodgeble by going backwards through the boss or pot.]
    3) tht pulls all party irrespective where u r. Even if u r in corner u will be pulled.
    [undodgeble. Use charged horn.]

Correct me if i hav made mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

What happens if one uses The twins pet to pull Alargan when he pulls all party irrespective where u are?
    Last edited by VanRah; 03-15-2014 at 04:48 AM.