Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Achievement]: Crafting Arcane Ring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Yes. I wouldn't cry over this. Maybe mages would.
    Name:  orly.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  40.8 KB

Mages are best at pve...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lemme simplify that for ya "Money Rules!"

Su-zakana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Better yet, complete every elite map without a death. Not easily done, but achievable for most folks that consistently run elite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I like this and the solo one. Combine to make "solo all elite maps without a death"

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    I like this and the solo one. Combine to make "solo all elite maps without a death"
    How about running elite zombie mode without any potions available, and see how many waves can you survive?

Sorry rogue and mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid:1534116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Yes. I wouldn't cry over this. Maybe mages would.
    Name:  orly.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  40.8 KB

Mages are best at pve...
    Until the boss one shots them due to laggy red zones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

How about an acheivement for collecting 1,000 dragkin teeth

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

September 2013 is calling. Go back to this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...W-ACHIEVEMENTS

Plenty of suggestions there. In this thread I also made the suggestion of soloing maps. It can be done by a mage, if you know what you're doing. This is just one of many threads on the subject. Six months later and we are still discussing this....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

What about making an achivement for 20 leaderboard banners? (yes i got )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This achievement would show that you are either rich (to buy a shard) or trusted (to lend a shard). There are no 'trust' achievements, so it would be interesting, in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hey Zeus, I spoke with Samhayne about this during our google hangout session, and he seems to be of the mindset that he wants to tone down the achievements and make them more casual, which will obviously result in the leaderboards becoming less competitive and relevant, perhaps the way it was in Pocket Legends.

There is some obvious logic to his point of view.... He believes that much of the negative behavior going on, such as kill farming, the completely ruined CTF games with folks only running flags back and fourth, and other similar behaviors are only encouraged by hard achievements and leaderboards. So he does not want to encourage these behaviors, and so the obvious conclusion is to not make any more really hard and time consuming achievements. Once the really hard core players get past the 10k flags achievement, which is gradually happening, CTF games should slowly go back to being somewhat normal again. You add a 20k flags achievement, and now it all starts over again.

He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion....

I think if you add these very hard achievements to every single category, then you spread things out and these negative behaviors don't concentrate in one single area, so it affects the game less. I think it also gives players who want to compete for the leaderboard the freedom to pursue the area of their choosing, while still being competitive, instead of having to be a jack of all trades and do a bit of everything. It's unfortunate that all the top players are now bunched at the top of the leaderboards, and all of them have gotten every single achievement.

But obviously adding this one single achievement that you are suggesting would not be a good idea unless they were to do this across the board for every category.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hey Zeus, I spoke with Samhayne about this during our google hangout session, and he seems to be of the mindset that he wants to tone down the achievements and make them more casual, which will obviously result in the leaderboards becoming less competitive and relevant, perhaps the way it was in Pocket Legends.

There is some obvious logic to his point of view.... He believes that much of the negative behavior going on, such as kill farming, the completely ruined CTF games with folks only running flags back and fourth, and other similar behaviors are only encouraged by hard achievements and leaderboards. So he does not want to encourage these behaviors, and so the obvious conclusion is to not make any more really hard and time consuming achievements. Once the really hard core players get past the 10k flags achievement, which is gradually happening, CTF games should slowly go back to being somewhat normal again. You add a 20k flags achievement, and now it all starts over again.

He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion....

I think if you add these very hard achievements to every single category, then you spread things out and these negative behaviors don't concentrate in one single area, so it affects the game less. I think it also gives players who want to compete for the leaderboard the freedom to pursue the area of their choosing, while still being competitive, instead of having to be a jack of all trades and do a bit of everything. It's unfortunate that all the top players are now bunched at the top of the leaderboards, and all of them have gotten every single achievement.

But obviously adding this one single achievement that you are suggesting would not be a good idea unless they were to do this across the board for every category.
    Well said.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's true. We'll see soon enough how this logic plays out.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Aye same here!!!

YouTube Channel: Tuma Arcane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypticOrder

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMadreee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha
    This achievement would show that you are either rich (to buy a shard) or trusted (to lend a shard). There are no 'trust' achievements, so it would be interesting, in my opinion.
    *cough*cough* Midas Touch *cough*

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I am always a fan of PL. I'm glad to hear that Samhayne has noted the concerns on keeping LB more relevant and less on banal, repetitive, time-consuming achievements. Soloing is never as fun as being in a good party. But the reverse applies, being in a bad party, leaves me with no choice but to solo it. Then again, why would we play MMoRPG for the sake of soloing?
    I hope they could work it out to make the game more party based, and less on solo kill farming, pvp for the sake of preying on the easy target and ganging,
    And for this part "He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion.... "
    This definitely applies to me and many that I knew.
    Thanks for sharing this Energizeric. Good to know they are considering some changes here.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Better yet, complete every elite map without a death. Not easily done, but achievable for most folks that consistently run elite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I am still hoping for elite kills to count for something.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    How about 10 diff time banners?

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.