Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
sadly, it's not about affordability in respect of PL. There has never been a statement from STG that updating PL actually loses them any money at all. I think they make a lot of money with every new PL cap and update. The only issue is whether they can make even MORE money by updating AL instead. It's about level of profits. I do not know if the same is true for DL or SL, with smaller customer bases.

On that basis, even if STG hit it big with releasing PL for consoles, would they still spend all of that profit on updating AL instead?
Hmm, that's certainly an interesting perspective. I do believe Samhayne has stated in the past that if they had stuck with PL alone, they probably would have gone under by now. (I hate to misquote, but I believe it was something along those lines.) To me, that sounds like they were somewhat forced to follow the path they have taken. Now, that doesn't discredit your statement necessarily. I do think a big part of this is just that AL gives back the most from what is put into it and that's why it's STG's current main focus.

To answer your question, I think it would depend on how big they hit it. In the end, I think the likely result would be STG pushing to release AL on console regardless of how big a success PL was.