Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Its impossible to solo them for sure, with s non mythic non arcane team, itll take awhile....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    6k+ HP, 2004 Armor

I also have 5/5 passive armor (+5% of whats displayed on inspect). Not to mention, I had jugg active when the troll landed one of his oh so annoying one hits (thus, even reducing the damage of that attack by 20% one hit me).
    the troll boss has one hit skill. u will even if u in normal troll boss. lookout for tht long windup tht also has long red cone area. run left or right or use horn shield.
    others skills doesnt one hit unless it crits or the boss is nt feebled i think.

about arcahna, it also has deadly attack. in normal mode it hit me upto 20%hp. bt tht is only one skill tht is very short range similar to cs skill.
    combing this deadly skill with extra poison dmg one shots warriors lol.
    so in elite arachna u need to avoid only tht short range red area rest easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I appreciate the challenge and think the new maps live up their name "elites". I admit, borderline rage sometimes but it is what it is. And it is hard. Seen the toughest toons go down so it doesn't bother me so much to die knowing even the ballers are getting one shot. The lag seems to compound the difficulty level. Tbh the pinging is what makes me rg. The maps are awesome.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I don't know for you guys,but i just needed some challenge... i think it's a good thing that it's this hard.
    Sure you will run it in 30mins,but you have some chance too loot 2M worth item,so you can't expect from STS to lower difficulty
    It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I noticed the LB timer is now 10 min or lower. People actually could do it much faster than "30 min" when the elites first came. Im sure others will be able to do it faster too when they know how to do it, like shuyal people actually complete the maps in 2 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I find the difficulty level creating a divide between plat users and non-plat users. Prior to expansion, you could run through a group of mobs if you died at boss and get back with some skill.

Now if you die at the boss ( those one hit masters) unless you plat revive, you're not really making it back. Normally I would run back to help and pull them through, but I also risk leaving the remaining team of being one hit and resetting the boss completely. Its a very no win situation with all parties involved.

Would be great if either the mobs were scaled back a notch (not much) or bosses lost their one hit ability. There's already enough environmental hazards at the boss fight that having them one hit you too is a bit much.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I find the difficulty level creating a divide between plat users and non-plat users. Prior to expansion, you could run through a group of mobs if you died at boss and get back with some skill.

Now if you die at the boss ( those one hit masters) unless you plat revive, you're not really making it back. Normally I would run back to help and pull them through, but I also risk leaving the remaining team of being one hit and resetting the boss completely. Its a very no win situation with all parties involved.

Would be great if either the mobs were scaled back a notch (not much) or bosses lost their one hit ability. There's already enough environmental hazards at the boss fight that having them one hit you too is a bit much.
    This is very good point. I feel badly about the one person who can't run back or plat rev, but I generally am not wanting to go back and help them through again. It's fine line here and I had a friend upset with me over this in game all week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Those snakes are super hard. It would be nice if there was some way to stun or slow them, but they do not react to my Fireball stun, Ice freeze or Time Clock. They just keep coming at full speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Those snakes are super hard. It would be nice if there was some way to stun or slow them, but they do not react to my Fireball stun, Ice freeze or Time Clock. They just keep coming at full speed.
    And can oneshot you which is annoying as hell.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=97967&dateline=137622  0853

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slappityslap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    the troll boss has one hit skill. u will even if u in normal troll boss. lookout for tht long windup tht also has long red cone area. run left or right or use horn shield.
    others skills doesnt one hit unless it crits or the boss is nt feebled i think.

about arcahna, it also has deadly attack. in normal mode it hit me upto 20%hp. bt tht is only one skill tht is very short range similar to cs skill.
    combing this deadly skill with extra poison dmg one shots warriors lol.
    so in elite arachna u need to avoid only tht short range red area rest easy.
    Arachna pulled. Me in, no red zone before this attack, and I didn't have George recharged to stun him. Not much strategy to that boss other than spamming George -_-

Back to the troll, the first one hit was his short range attack while I was switching pets from Sammy to HJ (I cast jugg prior to pet switching so I would survive. It didn't work out too well). The second was the long range attack I ran into to shield a stun locked mage (I was too late and we both died) and the third was a blow with no red zone that thoroughly ticked me off since the boss died before I could even consider reviving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Speaking (I hope) on behalf of our guild, we enjoy the new elites.

Sure, some one-hits (Alargan, Rendtail) are annoying, but we understand that STS lives from platinum spamming.

I see the problem more in people not willing to listen. If I, for example, say to a tank - please upgrade your horn with invulnerability shield and he spends his plat for some lousy item from the shop then there's no help.

Same goes for the strategy. Every member of the party must have a role inside the pull and that is great.

Elites are not for most PUGs that are being formed - maybe only the first map.

As for me, I would even buff the mobs a bit and maybe reduced the crits from bosses - if ping goes beyond 500, Abomination tends to kill me out of nowhere. And such moments are really annoying.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I agree the troll is malefic..differently from other trolls his attack windups are not only powerful but very very fast.

The only way to survive is reserving your horn for his big red attack or simply running away while potting..

If you can do both it's even better cause his 1 shot attack is accompanied by a super fast minor attack.

It's not fundamental you keep the aggro from others so run around too :P

As for the rest of the party that aren't wars, kit and run around like cockroaches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Yes or no, do you think bosses can be hard without one hitting? (Point made)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    As for me, I would even buff the mobs a bit and maybe reduced the crits from bosses - if ping goes beyond 500, Abomination tends to kill me out of nowhere. And such moments are really annoying.
    Certain mobs should be buffed, certain ones should be nerfed. I don't approve of mobs being immune to stun, freeze, and clocks. I have done the best in a two warrior two rogue party this season with the exclusion of map 1 where a mage is quite helpful.

Bosses shouldn't one hit without landing a critical hit. Its not "difficult" its annoying to non plat users who run elite because they don't have plat. Get your plat from locks, not necessary play revives. Obviously people will still buy plat revives without bosses one hitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Keep these maps hard. Not everyone can farm them or knows how to far them fast. This keeps farming profitable because it keeps a flood of pinks from hitting cs. I hope they don't nerf anything. Yes I am getting one shot by some mobs but I am working around it where possible. The snakes are hard to deal with but people have to learn not to pull 5 or 6 snakes at once. Unless you know how to deal with big pulls, then keep pulls smalls and learn to sneak by stuff. They may need to tweak things a bit but overall I am pretty happy with how elites are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Yes or no, do you think bosses can be hard without one hitting? (Point made)
    Yes they can.
    And there are many ways to make this possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Honestly I think it's not that bad, but agree it's hard somewhat.
    What I feel bad about is

1. We can't play Elite without plats. (I'm not sure how many of you guys would pt who don't have Plat especially it's tank)
    2. Elite gears are not really worthy of all we spend(time and plats)
    3. And the difficulty of Elite seems to fit with arcane ring and more gears, not the best gears atm.

Just wish teeth drops more than now.

Ah. I just talked with my friends and they say same thing as I felt.
    From yesterday, Elite got much hard than before.
    Anyone agreed?
    Wilds usually took 15-20mins. Now it takes more than 20 miss even with 3 rogues.
    Last edited by Excuses; 03-30-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    the elite maps are fine with me.

they are not as hard as you think if you have the right team.
    Agree! coz im finished all elite tindirin maps with my expedition gun, more deaths but its ok
    Hobbitpotter - Officer Of Magnum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Keep these maps hard. Not everyone can farm them or knows how to far them fast. This keeps farming profitable because it keeps a flood of pinks from hitting cs. I hope they don't nerf anything. Yes I am getting one shot by some mobs but I am working around it where possible. The snakes are hard to deal with but people have to learn not to pull 5 or 6 snakes at once. Unless you know how to deal with big pulls, then keep pulls smalls and learn to sneak by stuff. They may need to tweak things a bit but overall I am pretty happy with how elites are.
    I think everyone can agree that elites are not for everyone. If you are being consistently one-hit by mobs (regular ones), u might not be ready. Smart play will get you through though as players like kalizza (sp?) Have proven its very doable even solo. But I think we can also agree that having bosses that can one-hit you in a game that is consistently affected by latency issues is a bit unfair to everyone, and not just non-plat users. I would prefer bosses that were difficult combined with environmental hazards to be the true challenge and not just being lucky by avoiding the "one-hit" attack. There does need to be some tweaking done for sure, and I would prefer it at the boss level and not the mob level.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.

Warriors struggle the most because WE HAVE TO be in the danger zone in order to attack. Mages and rogues can get away with ranged attacks, but unless a warrior has Axe throw (not many do) we gotta get in there. But you gave me a great idea on how to fight this troll
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue