Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The price of the magmatic potency mage weapon dropped 300k in a few hours today, because so many got listed. Magmatic armor and helm are already dipping below the million mark. This is not even the end of the first week of elite.

Reducing difficulty means the markets will tank within 3 weeks, just like every other season. If this one follows suit, we have 6 months to play these maps, with new, improved gear being released as we go. If they nerf the maps now, they will end up way too easy by mid-season, leading to lack of anything of value to farm. Then we get a repeat of season 5's mess.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The price of the magmatic potency mage weapon dropped 300k in a few hours today, because so many got listed. Magmatic armor and helm are already dipping below the million mark. This is not even the end of the first week of elite.
    Maps 1 (The Wilds) and Map 2 (Jagged Trail) are the two easiest maps. Once people figure out the strategy then the price for these two weapons will drop because the maps get over farmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I have been thinking about it, and I have to go back to my original suggestion from prior to the Tindirin release.

Eliminate the one-hit bosses, and instead create high DPS bosses that have strong pushback and debuffing attacks. This forces better teamplay/support, forces more player repositioning, and puts teams under constant, but not insurpassable pressure.

The reason why the mobs are more difficult to deal with than the bosses is due to the overwhelming DPS that a handful of snakes and dish out. Creating a boss that can lay down the same level of DPS as group of snakes, along with a multitude of debuffs will be super challenging; and, at the end of the fight, I think it would be more satisfying and more of an adrenaline rush than kiting a slow boss and avoiding the windup attacks.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    To be honest, the only thing that is too hard is the amount of pots I burn through during an extended farming run. Right now, while the drops are valuable, I am torching 5-7k HP pots and an equivalent number of mana pots per day. This is on top of buying reroll and the dozens of plat revives I go through per day. The gold and plat expenditures right now are grossly OP.
    So bad business in doing elite runs in short. :-)

Elites are like gambling already. Most of the time you lose (because you just loot greens and purples many times) even if you defeat the boss eventually. You spend crazy amount of gold and plats and the loot that you receive just cant keep up with your expenditures.

about magma gear, i dont have experience looting them as i have never finished an elite tindirin map so far, but are they really selling at their current prices? Cuz they dont offer substantial increase in stats, that would justify millions of spending, compared to tarlok and mythic L36 gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

IMO no boss should one hit, and no boss should be easy.

Some bosses have been difficult without being one hit your did. I would very much like to see bosses similar to the following in further expansions, since they have been my favorites so far:

1) Gual (I don't know why we haven't seen another boss that spawns bosses)

2) Bael (Heavy debuffs and that annoying shield kept ypou on your toes)

3) Bloodhammer II (Healing with certain attacks forceasn you to keep moving)

4) Alpha Wolf (as annoying as that reflect attack was, it required strategy and was a fun boss when the party didn't rage quit)

5) Overgrow (Kill mages fast or he heals, immortal form short periods, stun lock if you don't move around constantly. Overgrow is probably my all time favorite)
    I'll add that no boss should one hit and no mob should one hit either - this is just a weak way to make a map harder. I find the new maps difficult but in a frustrating way because I get 1 shot by idk what ..

And I find it even more frustrating, as a mage, that my crowd control skills are useless - seemingly all mobs are resistant to freeze, fb stun and clock - why is tehre even a mage class?

I never saw mob or boss immune to to armor debuff from aimed shot btw..

The toeless smurf!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    And I find it even more frustrating, as a mage, that my crowd control skills are useless - seemingly all mobs are resistant to freeze, fb stun and clock - why is tehre even a mage class?
    This. Rogue's skills always work, sorcerer's never work.
    I don't understand what STS is trying to achieve here, other than making everyone switch to rogue.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I never saw mob or boss immune to to armor debuff from aimed shot btw..
    This again. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

And today a single snaggletooth 1 hit me at elite oltgar just before boss die. I respawned but i couldn't get pass the Mobs and others finished boss. lost pots. gold. 15 min and Loot. This elite is a Torture chamber for free players and mages. Either make a close respawn location or some kind of switch after boss spawned. After activating switch the mobs should nerfed. So we can get pass the Mobs without dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You get one shot when 2 or more red zones intersect with you in the middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

please keep this game hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, when elite started the big troll on dead city was very difficult.. it had an acid punch that killed you with time... and tha was the normal map... later you could walk thru it w/o a problem... gear got better and weapons got better... same now... I like it the way it is.. my efficiency in the maps has improved tenfold... it's a good feeling when you get your reward and it is a good one... easier would spoil the market also and we don't want that... it's best for us to get better and not the other way around. Btw the troll will one hit mostly when the red is all around him not during a red cone... I run out of the red area at that time with the warrior.... others just fight from the distance and kite a lot... lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!

Who cares about PVE deaths? hehe, it's more about the plats that will be burnt in revives!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hard elite maps must mean good business for STS, so don't expect any radical changes there. But if ice does not freeze, fire balls do not stun and clock does not root mobs, that is a little ridiculous, isnt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The issue here is whether or not you have plats to spend for revival. If you do, you will probably say elite maps are 'ok'. But if you don't, then you know how difficult it is. Specially the troll, when you die fighting boss running back is extremely difficult, the way to the boss is too narrow and mobs are too many and boy they strike fast. Now this wont be an issue if your party kill all mobs but that would just take too much time considering how tough the mobs are, and not all are willing to do this. I understand, sts needs revenue to keep the game running via plat revivals but I think this is borderline insanity. Bosses kills warriors with one shot, what chances does a rogue and mage have? This is not hard, this is annoying. Btw, I'm not complaining, if sts don't do something about this, it's fine, there are other ways to get money. I'll just stay away from the troll and rendtail. And PS, I still run elite maps just not troll and rendtail. They can really get on to my nerves. After all it's true this season's elites are not just for everyone.
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    forgot to add. The usual fireball stun , ice and clock not working on scorns and snakes. May be new map designed for upcoming skill change.
    Ofc, soon mages can use succesfully only the attack from gun or staff to dmg mobs lol.. This is awful, yeah... Why to upgrade those skills when they r useless..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

im agree with the part that you have to revive with plat in order to kill hard bosses because bosses like inan'hesh will go enrage and you have to hurry, and also during a fight with him when he takes your aggro you wont survive his attack if your a mage or a rogue , in this point tank is really necessary more than befor , but again who is the master of the game not to take aggro while doing decent damage to a boss well nobody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Who cares about PVE deaths? hehe, it's more about the plats that will be burnt in revives!
    Quick reminder: A LOT of people that run elite, don't buy plat. If STS thinks these bosses will encourage these people to buy plat they are dead wrong. I, for one, will quit before that happens. When Locked crates were introduced in season two, well over half my in game friends quit rather than play a "Pay To Win" game. Elites offered me the outlet to continue playing, and get decent gear, without paying money. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.
    This.

Last night I did a run with a warrior, mage, and rouge. Allegedly the best team for this map, and we cleared the necessary mobs and made a break for the troll abomination.

No longer than a minute in the rouge and the mage die from the raining meteors and it's just me and the warrior (full mythic with bonesaw) - he lasts for a couple more minutes before he gets one-shot by an ill timed attack I was forced to solo while they tried to get back to the troll.

I solod the troll for 2/3 of his health bar while running for my life the entire time, meanwhile, the rouge and the mage both rage quit because they couldn't get back to boss, and the warrior barely made it back after trying to get them back to boss at least a couple of times.

All in all it was a 49 min run that i practically solo'd only to re-roll a silly green and no tooth. It was very frustrating for all parties involved.

I'm all for difficulty and stuff, but these maps have just become plat/death farms.

I don't know about everyone else, but getting killed constantly makes it very difficult to enjoy the content when the game is basically telling you to gtfo.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i'd rather be able to run the maps around 10-15 min with a lower drop rate than the way it is now. That's simply because i don't always have 30-60 min to sit down and play. It hasn't happened to me yet but i've had friends who spent 30 min in one run (and lots of deaths and lots of pots) and have had to leave before we even made it to the boss.

I understand wanting to keep item values high but if I wanted to commit to playing 60 min or so at a time then I would quit this mobile game and start playing WoW.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!
    I have to say I agree with this because if they make it easier right now, it will become a JOKE as the season progresses and our gear improves. The only change I would make is due to this:
    I'll add that no boss should one hit and no mob should one hit either - this is just a weak way to make a map harder. I find the new maps difficult but in a frustrating way because I get 1 shot by idk what ..
    As long as the Mob's and Boss's keep cheat killing us, at least TURN OFF MUTING in elite maps ....

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?