Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    I'll add that no boss should one hit and no mob should one hit either - this is just a weak way to make a map harder. I find the new maps difficult but in a frustrating way because I get 1 shot by idk what ..

And I find it even more frustrating, as a mage, that my crowd control skills are useless - seemingly all mobs are resistant to freeze, fb stun and clock - why is tehre even a mage class?

I never saw mob or boss immune to to armor debuff from aimed shot btw..
    Agreed. Making mobs or bosses 1 hit us is not a great way to "increase" difficulty and make it challenging.

If I have a fully charged Arcane Shield one WITH a Tank's HoR effect on me, I should NOT be 1 hitted by a mob, plain and simple.

This is forcing users to either buy Elixirs (which don't even help much) or plat rev where you would die again on the spot.

I am enjoying the challenge, but when I have to see half of my party get left out at the boss because they can't pass a group of un-snarable mobs because they didn't use a Plat Rev then it is plain BS.

The biggest example of a really mind blowing mob setup is: FOUR or FIVE, NOT ONE, Snake Lizards who are Immuned to all types of snare effects and even Banish. WHO IN GOD'S name thought of this idea.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,909 Posts

Thanks Energ. I've been collecting a lot of feedback on the elites this morning to pass along to the team. It does seem like the general consensus is that some major tweaking needs to happen. I appreciate your take on it. I'll pass it along.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Elites are way too easy. Please dont nerf it, think about the people, who bought the new elite items for lot gold.
    Last edited by Haligali; 03-31-2014 at 10:32 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I agree. We should keep them as is, a challenge is fun. I usually get frustrated with deaths too but if I have a chance to loot 500k or more item i'm not that bothered. Besides i've run new elites a few times now and I must say that it is possible to die with minimum deaths with efficient geared party and proper stategy. last few times I've ran with mythic guildies and we died no more than 5 times, and even those deaths were due to the tank being bit laggy. Just keep trying and getting back up as others have said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Please don't nerf, it's the only challenge we have atm... We are endgame players who need those tough maps, to find strategies to survive to keep us entertained.
    Please consider our side too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lenafain View Post
    Please don't nerf, it's the only challenge we have atm... We are endgame players who need those tough maps, to find strategies to survive to keep us entertained.
    Please consider our side too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    There's no strategy to being one shot outside of a red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    I usually get frustrated with deaths too but if I have a chance to loot 500k or more item i'm not that bothered.
    I couldn't care less about dying. It's a loooooong walk back and I'm not interested in burning 100s of plat on revives.

I'm all for strategy, but one shots need to be addressed.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-31-2014 at 10:52 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

While I can appreciate the fact that many find the new elites difficult, I strongly oppose any nerfing to these maps.

The elite Legendary drops that are found here have good value right now precisely because these maps are difficult. Need I remind everyone what happened in Shuyal last season, where all but four pink drops (Architect Blade of Will, Architect Quills of Brutality, Architect Pylon of Brutality, Archon rings, and only if they were lv36) were effectively worthless. Shade, most Architect variants and even EGPs became worthless because those elites were considered very easy, and good parties could run through any map in 10 minutes or less.

This season, these maps are difficult, and, dare I say, elite. Please leave them this way. If anything, make the maps more difficult, so that those whose only source of revenue comes from farming still has a viable income stream. Not everyone has to run the current elites. People who find it too challenging can always farm elite Kraken or Nordr maps. And, not everyone needs to get every elite AP in the first week. Those that are complaining now will likely be the same ones complaining about there being nothing to do in a few weeks time.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Its pretty simple.

You can't have a game with one hit kills when you are dealing with lag and lantency issues. Nobody is saying make the maps easier. We are saying dont make one hit kills part of the game.

One Hit Kills would work great if they game resided on my device and I wasn't dealing with lag and latency, but as soon as I start saying WTF more often than not when I'm clearly not in a danger zone, then it stops being fun and challenging it becomes frustration. I get frustrated enough at a game, then it means its time to move on to something else.

And I dont want to move on to something else.

edit - A game can be very difficult and challenging and not have one hit kills, and still keep our precious farming and economy stable.
    Last edited by Hectororius; 03-31-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The only this that is "too hard" in my opinion is Elite Rendtail - and by that, I mean just the boss, not the run to get there.

The Caves of Tarewa are borderline impossible to solo, but in party, I don't find it too difficult. Yes, there are a lot of one-hitters in these maps, but as the OP said, the promise of an extremely valuable drop keeps me coming back. So far, I have soloed every map except Rendtail, so while very challenging, I find them all appropriate for an elite map.

To be honest, the only thing that is too hard is the amount of pots I burn through during an extended farming run. Right now, while the drops are valuable, I am torching 5-7k HP pots and an equivalent number of mana pots per day. This is on top of buying reroll and the dozens of plat revives I go through per day. The gold and plat expenditures right now are grossly OP.
    Kalizzaa, I usually prefer to do solo elites too - I've been working on soloing elite caves and have a pretty good strategy. Trail I got down to around 16 minutes and caves 22 minutes - we definitely need to group up and duo sometime, send me a friend request!

@ one shot kills - the only normal mobs I find terribly difficult are the healer shamans can one shot with their red zone attack and when grouping I spam everyone in the beginning to watch the shaman red zone attack. The yellow armadillo dragons can one shot with no red zone attack (I actually find these the most dangerous but are doable if you keep your distance - try not to pull more than 3 if you're slightly undergeared). Trolls can 1 shot with their red zone attack and I think the elite trolls red zone panic attack is glitched, I see no red zone when they do the panic attack in elite, but I see it in normal. Yellow snake dragons are fun looking, range attacked, but don't really one hit. Ghost shamans are the same as the alive versions but are range attack.

For big giant bosses like Rendtail and the magma dragon, when I tank these sometimes you just need to think that some red zone attacks are just untankable. You can have your horn shield ready, but if it's on cooldown it's usually best to just side step the red zone.

Please don't make elites easier, please, please, please.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 03-31-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The elite Legendary drops that are found here have good value right now precisely because these maps are difficult. Need I remind everyone what happened in Shuyal last season, where all but four pink drops (Architect Blade of Will, Architect Quills of Brutality, Architect Pylon of Brutality, Archon rings, and only if they were lv36) were effectively worthless. Shade, most Architect variants and even EGPs became worthless because those elites were considered very easy, and good parties could run through any map in 10 minutes or less.
    While agree on the difficulty scale, there are a number of reasons those items were of very little value. Especially the armor.

And up until now, STS is addressing those issues: No more mythic upgrades, not scaling loot from arena, and itemization to compensate for length of campaign.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-31-2014 at 10:58 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

While I can appreciate the fact that many find the new elites difficult, I strongly oppose any nerfing to these maps.

This season, these maps are difficult, and, dare I say, elite. Please leave them this way. If anything, make the maps more difficult, so that those whose only source of revenue comes from farming still has a viable income stream. Not everyone has to run the current elites. People who find it too challenging can always farm elite Kraken or Nordr maps. And, not everyone needs to get every elite AP in the first week. Those that are complaining now will likely be the same ones complaining about there being nothing to do in a few weeks time.
    We aren't really looking for them to "nerf" maps, but more to what Hect's solution was. NO mob or boss in any game should 1 hit you, especially when you aren't in the red KO zone. Making mobs and bosses (1) hit is not a solution to making a map challenging. However making a mob/boss that does not (1) hit you and in return throws tons of Debuffs or DoT's on you is a better suggestion since there are ways to avoid this because if the only way to not get (1) hit is to use a 5 Plat Rev, then what is the point of the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

How about reduce their damage (by half?) not to 1 hit kill, but make more stuff like

-Tribal call: more tribal warriors will show up overtime, like 30 seconds or a minute per 5 guys, if their leader (the yellow healer) hasnt died.

-The sacred egg: Pls make the drake harder, while the weakened one is weaker. The dragon is now very easy, only thing that may kill me is his fire breath. Honestly I still dont know what the flashy white light that strikes the whole screen does.

-Poisonous or firy troll: back at my days on dead city, the only thing I find very strong is the troll's poison. It takes away 30% hp per tick, and may result a death if I wasnt careful. Please make something like that, not just 1-h-k boulders and smashes.

-poison environment in cave of Arachna: when you go in the map, everyone gets a warning "poison is in the air, you will die over time!". This environment will decrease our hp by 1% in normal and 2% in elites per sec. Dont make it at the entrance though, it would be frustrating to wait for other party members to come to the map!

-poison puddles: at Arachna reduce the duration of the puddles, but make them appear more frequently from time to time. This will cause surprise and clear the path so people may run around more. Should be fun

-Flaming rocks strikes everywhere!: if you stand still for 5 sec in magma corridor and summit, a flame will strike from the ground like the static ones that already exists. These flames lasts 10 sec, and will continue to appear until the player moves! Like poison environment dont make this at the entrance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Idk what the solution is, perhaps the upcoming new myths will help but it's strange to me how it seems like my gear isn't holding up... but there's nothing better. The balance seems off. Activity is at an all time low. The best players I know are dying all around me. The loot is minimal at best. More plat being burned than ever before with nothing to show. -.-
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Just an FYI also about one specific mob. Snakes should not be IMMUNED to all snare effects at all. I understand being immuned to Banish to prevent Sam spamming, but not being able to freeze, stun or root is insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No enemies should be able to one shot you at full health. Most mmo's have something called health gating. Which is literally that. you will endure a one shot kill. even if it resorts in 1 hp. of course wont apply if multiple things hit but come on. a mob being able to one shot me is ridiculous
    This isnt going to "ruin the market" so quit complaining about that. were not asking to make them weak. just asking to put some type of anti one shot armour into our characters. i literally have all my mythic armour super gemmed. My amulet and ring are one away from being super gemmed. and my daggers are almost super tarlok gemmed. I should NOT be being one shot. there is seriously something wrong with that
    tweak them or add option to purchase revives with gold or story tokens. Because im not wasting plat on this. I might aswell just open lockeds if im gonna waste my plat
    The sad part about forum boards is you'll get people mad by necro'ing threads. But they'll get equally mad if you make a new thread asking the same question of the necro'd thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Idk what the solution is, perhaps the upcoming new myths will help but it's strange to me how it seems like my gear isn't holding up... but there's nothing better. The balance seems off. Activity is at an all time low. The best players I know are dying all around me. The loot is minimal at best. More plat being burned than ever before with nothing to show. -.-
    Gore hit the nail on the head. With the exception of a few elite farmers...

My fear is that a handful of the players on this thread will be the only ones left playing the game. After a while there won't be anyone to sell those items to any longer (that no one but you can get) because your average players will give up... I hope I'm wrong.

I hope the rest of the non mythic and non pro players keep playing. Also for plat revive to revive you into instant death over and over is kinda ridiculous. When you end up going the free route because plat doesn't even work that's pretty bad.

Its pretty bad that without plat revive we're left a the boss with half the party unable to even get back to the boss... and these aren't average players.

All I'm saying is keep in mind that thing about the needs of many outwaying the needs for the few or the one. I've never seen this many frustrated players at once before. This weekend I heard more long time players than ever before say they just sick of the game trying to play.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Any changes made now will effectively be a nerf. One shots are not that unfair and there has certainly been some exaggerating done on the way or how often they occur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Just one thing ill add to this...and il go away since I don't run elite..just normal maps.

One hit kills should just not be considered for any MMO (even more since this is a mobile game..duh right)..debuffs and close to dying should be better (so different % on character classes would help)...we are not all warriors who can take that damage...and some cant even dodge I since we are not rogues. there is no 1/2 way point on any maps so having to walk all the way again makes things more annoying not like PL where mages revive fallen members, but thats all ill add thx for reading.

Boo----have a great day.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

22. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

nerf needed in mob density.
    nerf needed in elite snakes
    nerf needed in elite scorns
    nerf needed in one hit elite shamans
    nerf needed in one hit bosses.

sincerely,
    yours legenery geared player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Please don't nerf the elites. Introduce new gear, let us work hard for it, but don't destroy the only challenge in the game that we have.

Look at lb times last season - are the hard core elites really meant to be done in 5 minutes?

Tweek the elites if you really think it's better for your incomes but don't let it be boring.

Btw where are new difficult pve APs?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack