Thread: Gale force

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gale force

I want to love gale force. But the it screwed the croud and i push mobs outside clock. I need advice guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

I love wind to farm with but it takes a lot of practice to use successfully in PvE. Those random mobs that stray from the tank are best blown back with wind. It's very useful that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

One way to prevent them to blow back is to stun them with Fireball first. If they are stunned, they CANNOT be blown away.

I decided to try Gale in my build recently for fun and its OKAY in Elites especially Tindirin.

What I would do is do a classy LOL Moonwalking Entrance with Gale and then drop clock. Stun with FB and then stun with UNCHARGE Gale because you don't want to start flying off again with a charged Gale.

Gale is not a reliable source of damage since the CD is much longer than Lightning, Fireball and Frostbolt. The same amount of time you cast Gale, you could have cycled more Fire, Ice or Light attacks in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

It's not ok in elite tindirin. The mobs are already spaced out. making it even spaced out is suicide. i use gale to skip pass some mob group though and use it for brackenridge and yadra locked farming.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I like using gale to throw mobs INTO the clock not OUT OF the clock. Takes a lot of practice, especially if you don't have the AoE upgrade like some flagging sorcs I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I like using gale to throw mobs INTO the clock not OUT OF the clock. Takes a lot of practice, especially if you don't have the AoE upgrade like some flagging sorcs I know
    Yes. Efficient way of using them is to blow the loner mobs and make them mingle with the cool-close-group of mobs. Wait, what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The higher CD used to be justified since it gave +50% dodge for four seconds instead of petty +50% armor. I don't like how they tied the dash forward with charge; for farming it's certainly cool but the uncontrollable rush onwards with 3 sec self immobilization just destroys any other potential use.

I loved it back then man, used right after knockdown of fireball for damage and potentially longer stun or to keep mobs at distance when rethrowing clock.