Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
I gotta say, this is some legit work you did here, most impressive indeed. I stand corrected!

So elite can be run with even the most basic of legendary gear available from crates, it just takes picking off the map piece by piece and taking an extra 10-15 minutes to solo.

Also, parties can be a lot more chaotic than this and it's hard to keep track of what's happening when you're in a small cluster @#$% and you're getting aggro out of no where (seemingly), but I will agree that small pulls and priority kills are the way to go in these maps.

All in all though, this is an amazing guide. You should follow up with the rest of the maps for a spotlight cause i would co-sign the hell out of that for the quality of your work here.
I'm glad you found this guide helpful. The only reason why I put it together was to show that the proper strategy can overcome gear deficiencies. I've been in this game since season 1 and it wasn't until the end of last season that I managed to acquire a few mythics. Up until then, I've always been just another broke, legendary equipped Rogue - but I have never felt that millions in gear was a prerequisite to run elites. Every guide in my Elite Chronicles series are designed for legendaries to be able to succeed in farming high value items. I just hope that others find the information useful and are able to someday give back to the community in the same way. This is a game afterall, and if all you do is struggle....well, where's the fun in that?

Sometimes, it's just easier to solo things than dealing with the craziness of a poorly coordinated party. At least when you are solo, the only thing that is aggroing a mob is you, so that much is under your control. Terrible parties have people spreading out everywhere and aggroing everything, and all that does is lead to deaths and party wipes.

This season is very much the opposite of Shuyal. In Shuyal, due to the OP gear we had at the time, the general tactic was to round up huge groups, put them into a tiny area and spam away. This season, with the lower quality gear, and significantly stronger mobs, that approach will no longer be successful. Groups must be handled with more precision this season, and you absolutely must keep the pulls manageable. I would say that 4 (5 max) mobs is the cutoff point on a pull this season for most parties. Sure, some may be able to handle more, but generally speaking, these guys hit so damn hard that tanks are dropping faster than I've ever seen. And, once your tank falls, chances are the rest of the group will follow suit.