Thread: Best Ways To Earn Money

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

All of the above - but if hoping to loot an arcane shard doesn't work for you, I'd suggest this to every player today:

1. You've posted here which means you have access to hours worth of outstanding information on skill builds, map strategies, loot locations (thanks again DJGrimmy - still my most referenced guide here) and just about everything else you need to know to be a successful player in your class. The more educated you are, the more helpful you can be, not only to yourself but others.

2. Go run maps - normal maps - over and over. Do the daily quests and talk to Shaz and Klaas for re-roll lix. Then, you run the maps some more. This will allow you to put into practice the things you've read about (see #1) and see what works best for you. This will also expose you to a variety of players from different guilds. Make friends, ask questions. Don't be shy - but you've read up (see #1) and you can at least talk intelligently about builds, strategy, etc. This will get you noticed by someone, which could then lead to you

3. Joining a decent, active guild. I'm amazed at how many posts I see here from players complaining they can't find good people to run with. Then why are you in your guild?

Maybe from #2 you will get a guild invite from someone you have seen frequently running, or someone will see you play and invite you. Or maybe you talk to someone at the Pier and a conversation leads to a run which leads to an invite.

Once you join, a guild will only be as good to you as you are to it. Again share what you know - get active in the guild chat. If the guild doesn't respond or doesn't feel like a good fit, hop to another - but give it some time before you do. I'd say a week or 2 of solid effort will tell you if it's for you or not. I got invited early on to a top 5 guild (at the time), and left after a few weeks cause no one would even talk to me or offer to run maps. Best decision I've made in game. I ran doing maps (see #2) for a month until I got found by our GM and it's been a very fun time ever since.

Now that you have a guild, and are giving to it, you start to get in return - you get invited on runs, or organize runs yourself that benefit yourself and your party mates (who are your guildmates). Success breeds more success and you're looting good stuff, learning what sells and what doesn't, learning when to sell and when to not sell. Next thing you know you are collecting some loot, making some gold. Maybe Grandma gives you an iTunes card and you pop $100.00 worth of crates and get lucky - who knows? But by this time you have gotten some good loot, are more experienced and running tougher maps gaining better loot, making more gold - and you'll have your mythic set in no time. Currently for Rogues it's selling about 2.3 mil in CS - but you can get it cheaper if you'll willing to work a deal outside the CS. It's riskier so be careful of the Sharks, liars and scammers, but worth it for both you and the seller if you find a decent player selling what you want. Here your guild can help too.

Hopefully this makes sense. And if it doesn't - then ignore everything, spend all yer money on plat and rage quit when you don't get what you want :P

Best of luck
    Ota

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post: