Thread: Is it possible to make large amounts of gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is it possible to make large amounts of gold?

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to find out one thing before investing anymore time into the game; is it possible to earn large amounts of gold at higher levels? (Farming elite maps etc). I know you can farm locked chests..but, this is not going to get you those 2million gold items from the AH.. Is there actually ANY chance to make serious amounts of gold at higher levels or is the wealth of the game confined within the locked chests?

I love this game and although this could sound like a rant, I do it out of love for the game and that is because I want to keep playing. I just don't want to be FORCED to purchase platinum, I could play this 12 hours a day but still not be as good as 'that guy' that bought platinum but only plays 2 hours a week. I feel that platinum should be a "fast track" to get better items quickly but not be the ONLY way to obtain the higher end items.

So, to sum it all up in one question; will I ever earn enough gold through farming elites to buy those 1mill+ items? I don't mind not ever being able to open a locked chest just as long as I CAN earn enough gold to buy what others have found from them!

Thank you for reading this guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

6 months. ...u can get fully mythic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Contrary to what you think you can easily make 2mil from locks alone. I made that in my first month and a half. This was all from selling locks, eggs and legendary items. You can use the cs to make money as well. Buy low and sell high. If you find a good guild and run elite maps you can make between 1-2mil for one legendary item that the boss drops. Its a long road but its possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for your responses! hmm so yeah, maybe i just need a little bit more patience? Just I'm now level 32 and my partner is 29 and we have NEVER found a single egg that went for anything more than 500g in the AH, we recently invested in a leprechaun pendant hoping that will do something what seems useless, not worth the 40 damage that I lose! I go in the AH sometimes and ill see someone with 10 or more chests in there, when they all sell he will get about 100k, but how long did that take to save?

We must be just really unlucky because with the pendant and sometimes the occasional elixir from Klaas, we find 1 or 2 if we are lucky! haha. I have never (besides locked chests) from 1 - 32 found an item that sells for 30k in the AH like some of those guns or swords & shields go for..are they ALL from opening chests too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

I don't use platinum either however I would like to tell you its possible to get rich. What you need is various sources of gold and items. First of you need to set a goal:

My goal is to loot 100k+ in a day (this is possible about 10 locked crates however I like to mix) meaning in 10 days u can have 1mil minimum

The second thing I would do is do alot of contests (The reason I have some good money is cuz I won a jester vanity..the colorful one).
    Contest are a really good source of money ( if u win) so I suggest you join a guild which has many contests eg chosen (trust me a poor man is good at contests when he realizes his poor) but for such guilds you probably need 10k+ AP points.

So the answer to your other question is yes higher lvls can get u more loot.

I don't know if this helped but I hope it does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manish279 View Post
    3 at the most if your determined

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The lep will be your best friend in farming. But most of the high priced gear will be found in elite maps, which you can't reach yet.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

No.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Highly possible when hammers, dags, and swords are selling all above 1m right now. I am super unlucky and didn't get any good drops yet. The cool thing is that elite chests can be sold for good money to keep funding pet feed and potions should there not be any good loot so that u can continue. Daily quests also help. Farming locked is actually the most slow yet profitable where pot use is very little.

Keep at it, I know one guy who had no items from last expansion looted a few good blades and now he has full mythic armor and some jewelery just by working hard. Keep going at it and you can easily buy your first Arcane pet after a few months as well! It took me a year of saving but I was able to buy my Samael by setting goals and working hard. If you want things fast, now the time to farm elites hard or open crates with money
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Highly possible when hammers, dags, and swords are selling all above 1m right now. I am super unlucky and didn't get any good drops yet. The cool thing is that elite chests can be sold for good money to keep funding pet feed and potions should there not be any good loot so that u can continue. Daily quests also help. Farming locked is actually the most slow yet profitable where pot use is very little.

Keep at it, I know one guy who had no items from last expansion looted a few good blades and now he has full mythic armor and some jewelery just by working hard. Keep going at it and you can easily buy your first Arcane pet after a few months as well! It took me a year of saving but I was able to buy my Samael by setting goals and working hard. If you want things fast, now the time to farm elites hard or open crates with money
    See hard work and determination

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

And goals

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

At current state of game yes. Run elite wild*3 and elite jagged tail*3 . if get drop sell else don't run that day. Run next day.
    Other way. - farm 5 locked day. 20 days later sell all = 1m+
    or farm 10 locked a day . 10 days later sell = 1m+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Briant View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to find out one thing before investing anymore time into the game; is it possible to earn large amounts of gold at higher levels? (Farming elite maps etc). I know you can farm locked chests..but, this is not going to get you those 2million gold items from the AH.. Is there actually ANY chance to make serious amounts of gold at higher levels or is the wealth of the game confined within the locked chests?

I love this game and although this could sound like a rant, I do it out of love for the game and that is because I want to keep playing. I just don't want to be FORCED to purchase platinum, I could play this 12 hours a day but still not be as good as 'that guy' that bought platinum but only plays 2 hours a week. I feel that platinum should be a "fast track" to get better items quickly but not be the ONLY way to obtain the higher end items.

So, to sum it all up in one question; will I ever earn enough gold through farming elites to buy those 1mill+ items? I don't mind not ever being able to open a locked chest just as long as I CAN earn enough gold to buy what others have found from them!

Thank you for reading this guys!
    Dropped 2x entombed warfare in 3days of elites here n there so yes possible to make 2m
    And more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Yeah I've made about 90% of my gold from just selling locked ive farmed with a leprechaun and possibly lix from shaz/klaas. Its very possible to make millions doing this you just have to put in some work and realize that there will be bad and good days.

Gamblers never seem to get enough of those crates and they always sell quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Set reasonable goals for yourself, and go achieve them.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manish279 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    3 at the most if your determined
    Depends on the months. You need to be at cap for at least two 'epochs' (new Cap / Christmas Event / Mythic Event) so you can invest in one and profit in the next.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is my advise:

You are going to need some plat, but not that much. A plat package of a few hundred plat should last you months. What you will use plat for is to purchase luck elixirs when you farm. You also want to purchase the leprechaun amulet which you can purchase for gold in the auction. Whenever you farm elites you should purchase a luck elixir (purchase this right before the boss is killed for the first time as to maximize it's effect and not waste it while cleaning up mobs). Also always put on your lep amulet before the boss is killed. With both of those luck items, you will have 40% luck boost. That will get you some re-rolls which will help greatly.

Last August I decided I wanted to save up for the coming arcane staff, which we were told was coming with the shuyal expansion in September. As of today I have not spent my gold on any large purchases since then and have amassed 35m. This was all earned without opening locked crates. So yes, it is possible. Just this past weekend I looted a level 41 magmatic claymore of assault and was able to sell it for 3.5m. It will take you months to save up enough to get really good gear though. I suggest running with crate gear for now, and then wait until level 41 mythics come out before making any large purchases. The key is to have patience and save your gold and don't be tempted to spend it until you can afford what you really want.