Thread: Quick questions hopefully simple answers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quick questions hopefully simple answers

Hey, im really new to the game , just unlocked everything a couple days ago after hitting the free level cap. I currently have a level 30 paladin and since I feel like I.ll be level 50 soon I had a few questions.

Okay so first, what is the best possible helm, armor, and shield for a pally? I was thinking rift armor and helm with a shield that gives good m\s.

The second question is, whats the big hype about the sunblessed scimitar? There seems to be alot better one handed weps like axes for damage or spears for the armor pen proc ive been hearing about.

BTW im using the pally as a farmer because I hear they are the best solo farmers, so answers to question 1 should be geared to pvm. And Im going with the pharacyde 158 95 str int build, that guy seems to be well known and respected so ill trust his advice haha. Thanks in advance!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

1. Yes, you are correct. Rift is the best Paladin armor in the game currently.

2. It is part of the Rift Armor set bonus. Set bonus's boost all of your attributes just for having certain items of a set equiped. I believe bears don't even need the OL helm for a set bonus anymore, I see sparkling bears without the helm now.
    Also it has a proc called "Soul Leach", it lowers armor by 1 every strike.

3. Paladins and Int Mages are best farmers . Int Mages cast more damage but run the risk of dieing more. Paladins are still good in damage but dieing on them is actually kinda hard .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    1. Yes, you are correct. Rift is the best Paladin armor in the game currently.

2. It is part of the Rift Armor set bonus. Set bonus's boost all of your attributes just for having certain items of a set equiped. I believe bears don't even need the OL helm for a set bonus anymore, I see sparkling bears without the helm now.
    Also it has a proc called "Soul Leach", it lowers armor by 1 every strike.

3. Paladins and Int Mages are best farmers . Int Mages cast more damage but run the risk of dieing more. Paladins are still good in damage but dieing on them is actually kinda hard .
    Thanks, also could you explain to me umm, what order to get my skills? Thanks haha . And also what helm would u recommend then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

psssst int/str dual build once you get the lower level gear for stat boosting up to necessary amount for rift/cosmos!
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apathetiX View Post
    Thanks, also could you explain to me umm, what order to get my skills? Thanks haha . And also what helm would u recommend then
    1.) Like the order you should use your skills or how many points to put into each skill?
    2.) Overlords Helmet of the Rift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How many points into each skill as I level up, like which ones to prioritize. And what does arterra mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its a personal prefrence... thats the fun part of the game.... i suggest u choose your own stats and play till lvl 50. then respec to what your want to change to... dont be in such a hurry to be the best at every level...... it takes away from the game play if your goal is to have the best gear and the most efficient stats as "other" players sees it... thats why i hide my stats on my toon so ppl dont make judegments on it and I dont follow what otehrs have.. just what I feel is the most effective and most fun and playable for "me" and not other players.

At the end of the day, discouvering new skills, sets, gear, etc is the most fun part of the game. Remember, its not a race... current lvl cap is 50 and what u gonna do when u reach it? Wouldnt it be awsome if you took you time and reached lvl 50 then spend some time farming the best gear and a new map comes out? Instead of reaching the lvl cap in 2 weeks and doing nothing.

I have lvl 50 players asking me stupid questions in game all the time and then i click their info and I see something like 5K kills and stuff like that... I'm rolling my eyes and ignore because I know they have not played the game to the fullest and dont know jack s***... also I have lvl 50 players join my AO3 games and they have never playere there b4... like WTF??!!!
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    its a personal prefrence... thats the fun part of the game.... i suggest u choose your own stats and play till lvl 50. then respec to what your want to change to... dont be in such a hurry to be the best at every level...... it takes away from the game play if your goal is to have the best gear and the most efficient stats as "other" players sees it... thats why i hide my stats on my toon so ppl dont make judegments on it and I dont follow what otehrs have.. just what I feel is the most effective and most fun and playable for "me" and not other players.

At the end of the day, discouvering new skills, sets, gear, etc is the most fun part of the game. Remember, its not a race... current lvl cap is 50 and what u gonna do when u reach it? Wouldnt it be awsome if you took you time and reached lvl 50 then spend some time farming the best gear and a new map comes out? Instead of reaching the lvl cap in 2 weeks and doing nothing.

I have lvl 50 players asking me stupid questions in game all the time and then i click their info and I see something like 5K kills and stuff like that... I'm rolling my eyes and ignore because I know they have not played the game to the fullest and dont know jack s***... also I have lvl 50 players join my AO3 games and they have never playere there b4... like WTF??!!!
    theyve never played ao3 before? And what do you do boot them so they dont get too play one? Everyone has there first as did you. Dont be so quick to ridicule. And fun for me is being the best and getting passed the learning curve asap as to not waste time and money for restats and so I can effectively farm. your post had no usable info so ill just consider it spam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

theyve never played ao3 before? And what do you do boot them so they dont get too play one? Everyone has there first as did you. Dont be so quick to ridicule. And fun for me is being the best and getting passed the learning curve asap as to not waste time and money for restats and so I can effectively farm. your post had no usable info so ill just consider it spam.
    At level 50 you should've been everywhere. You may not have as much experience as others but you should at least know what you're doing. Those level 50's most likely tagged along at a low level and never participated. It's having a lot lately for everyone that's been playing AO3 maps. There are people in their 30's and lower (much lower) playing on those. They then wonder why they can't kill anything...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

What he means is Level 50's who have basically leached their way through the entire game and then punish the true players by being annoying. Also being level 50 means that you have to play alien oasis 3 from 48-50. The fact the a lvl 50 has still never played that ao3 map is bad, because 2 levels should be enough to play all the ao3 maps 2-3 times over.

I understand that being the best can be fun, but you do have to realize that all there is to do at level 50 is player vs player and hord gold. Enjoy being new while you can! Its never the same when you restart a character, the game is its funnest at the true beginning.

Anyways here is a PvE build, its maxed damage to increase farm rates. Mana Shield and buffs at 5 to increase survivability.

The order of numbers resembles the skill level, and the chart is in the same order as the chart list for spells in game.

5 0 5 1
    5 4 5 5
    5 5 5 5