Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Defenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    guys im noob at dungeon defenders !!!!add me at gaem center my name is kab4ros
    btw, hi mrsbanana! welcome to the dark side.. hehe..
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    im pretty sure ur data will be gone... my guess
    very tempted to re-install and restore from backup or just wait for patch and not play for the next few days ARGH!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If you backed it up, restore it from there, I guess.

Manuet, my Phoenix bow has 300 range damage but does 633 per hit! I want to farm that lvl for even better ones. Let me know ifyou wanna join me once you fix your game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If you backed it up, restore it from there, I guess.

Manuet, my Phoenix bow has 300 range damage but does 633 per hit! I want to farm that lvl for even better ones. Let me know ifyou wanna join me once you fix your game.
    Cool.. mine has hmm 700+? if only I can get it back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh boy... this sucks big time now... even after delete and restore it still get stuck at the splash screen... ARGH!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like I'm screwed... even my backup is corrupted

Sigh, time to completely re-install and start from Zero.. Lets hope I can get 4 chars to lvl 60 before the patch.. *Ouch*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just posted this on the DD forum and would like some input from you guys. If the game doesn't change, I may just give up on mmos altogether for now. Probably best anyway, since my eyes are so f***Ed up from my iPhone. Anyway, this was a result of some failed games with Beard, even though we've played well together and were both giving it our all.

Ok I know there are those of you who will argue with me and say the game is too easy (*cough Fayde cough*). But I just tried No Towers Allowed with a friend. We tried twice on Insane and then once on Hard. Failed all three times.
    Now here's what's making me consider already quitting this game. Besides one game of Unlikely Allies that we completed (took long, too), that is all we did in the last three hours of playing. That is ****ed up.

No Towers Allowed, on hard, for two people, has 7 waves -- the last three are like 134, 186, 204. And 2 kobolds that make it near your crystal end the game. We were on the last wave and we just kept getting kobold after kobold after kobold.

And the funny thing is I bet they made it even harder in 1.1.

I'm sorry, but this game is too time-consuming. Why does a game/challenge need to be so long if we're playing a mobile game?

Anyone else feel this way? I really enjoy the game, and have been telling everyone about it. But I don't think I can give it as much time as it demands in a sitting.

Feel free to argue, I know some people will. But I'm curious if others agree with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just occurred to me -- why not an option when you lose, to Restart the last wave you were on? It's just so freaking annoying to Restart the entire game when you made it to the last wave. It makes the game more of a chore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just posted this on the DD forum and would like some input from you guys. If the game doesn't change, I may just give up on mmos altogether for now. Probably best anyway, since my eyes are so f***Ed up from my iPhone. Anyway, this was a result of some failed games with Beard, even though we've played well together and were both giving it our all.

Ok I know there are those of you who will argue with me and say the game is too easy (*cough Fayde cough*). But I just tried No Towers Allowed with a friend. We tried twice on Insane and then once on Hard. Failed all three times.
    Now here's what's making me consider already quitting this game. Besides one game of Unlikely Allies that we completed (took long, too), that is all we did in the last three hours of playing. That is ****ed up.

No Towers Allowed, on hard, for two people, has 7 waves -- the last three are like 134, 186, 204. And 2 kobolds that make it near your crystal end the game. We were on the last wave and we just kept getting kobold after kobold after kobold.

And the funny thing is I bet they made it even harder in 1.1.

I'm sorry, but this game is too time-consuming. Why does a game/challenge need to be so long if we're playing a mobile game?

Anyone else feel this way? I really enjoy the game, and have been telling everyone about it. But I don't think I can give it as much time as it demands in a sitting.

Feel free to argue, I know some people will. But I'm curious if others agree with me.
    I can only say that most of the challenges are not meant to be soloed... I can only solo orge(insane), allies(insane), and chicken (hard).. the rest.. I have yet to figure out how to solo.. But looking at the leader board, all of the challenges have scores, meaning somewhere in the world someone actually managed to beat it

So, it's do-able. Hopefully with the 1.1 patch, with a more stable multi-player platform it'll be fun.

Currently, you can't feel worst then me, I got a corrupted game and looking forward only to re-starting this game from scratch. But on the bright side, I can build a better set of chars since I pretty much kinda know what I want from them now... I think

Don't give up because it feels hard, find a way to beat it... Just as PL was once "hard" we always find a way to beat it which makes beating it all the more fun! Now if only I can find time and heart to level myself from Zero to 60 x 4 in 1 day... lol doubt so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok my noob questions as i dont spend as much time on DD as i do PL.... well maybe

1) how do u sell gear?

2) how to go back to the tavern from the dungeon maps?

3) how do u upgrade gear?

4) Im lvl 7 mage... should i just play the hard maps and hope to get drops? I'd prob get killed but at least I will have a chance to get better loot.... what u think? I curreently play on easy.

.... this game seems a bit slow to me.. building towers and waiting for the bad guys to come near.. the game play is slowere then normal tower defence.... does this bother anyone?

thanks
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just downloaded the game because all of the positive reviews I have seen. Now I have to say, this game is reeeeeeeally boring. My camera controls are messed up, the buttons are unresponsive 75% of the time, and I cant control the character to the extent of my abilities. Sorry guys, not up to my expectations.

I am Militaryman. No "if"s, "and"s, or "butt"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    thats like hitler killing that moustache look
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Manuet, it's not so much the difficulty that's annoying me as how time-consuming it is. I spent three hours with Beard and we only completed one game. You shouldn't have to start from wave 1 if you lost when on the last wave. There should be a way to go back a wave or 2 and try over from there.

I don't think I have the time to devote to this game now that I've explored more of it.

And without a server, any changes made will take like 2-4 weeks to get to us. So even if they decide to add that option, it'll be quite some time before it goes into effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Manuet, it's not so much the difficulty that's annoying me as how time-consuming it is. I spent three hours with Beard and we only completed one game. You shouldn't have to start from wave 1 if you lost when on the last wave. There should be a way to go back a wave or 2 and try over from there.

I don't think I have the time to devote to this game now that I've explored more of it.

And without a server, any changes made will take like 2-4 weeks to get to us. So even if they decide to add that option, it'll be quite some time before it goes into effect.
    I'm pretty sure it took me about 30mins to complete 1 round of allies.. ya come to think of it, it's pretty time consuming... O well.. I'm still stuck at lvl 0 now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Militaryman View Post
    I just downloaded the game because all of the positive reviews I have seen. Now I have to say, this game is reeeeeeeally boring. My camera controls are messed up, the buttons are unresponsive 75% of the time, and I cant control the character to the extent of my abilities. Sorry guys, not up to my expectations.
    It takes a bit of getting use to... I almost gave up on my first try... put it down and challenge myself to play again... it's really quite addictive... I haven't played a game till 5am for a long time :P (DD did that to me on the 2nd night and screw up my work schedule.. ouch)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    ok my noob questions as i dont spend as much time on DD as i do PL.... well maybe

1) how do u sell gear?

2) how to go back to the tavern from the dungeon maps?

3) how do u upgrade gear?

4) Im lvl 7 mage... should i just play the hard maps and hope to get drops? I'd prob get killed but at least I will have a chance to get better loot.... what u think? I curreently play on easy.

.... this game seems a bit slow to me.. building towers and waiting for the bad guys to come near.. the game play is slowere then normal tower defence.... does this bother anyone?

thanks
    1. You can sell them for mana at your forge in your tavern or after victory in any game at the forge.

2. the "Pause" button on the left side of the map will give you an option to end the game and return to your tavern

3. at the forge in your tavern, you can inspect your char and upgrade the gear

4. Play at hard if easy is way too easy more exp, better loot, more fun! if you can take it, play at insane. My huntress, bless her when she was still alive started soloing orges at lvl 14...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

exactly what i said... slowwwwwwwwwwww game play... its not for MMO guys like us... i think its for pure hard core tower defence guys which im not... not anymore that is after PL....

sigh... PL I have to say still rules out of all my games... i thought that DD might destroy PL after IB failed but PL is a tough one to beat.

The only one that is a contender to PL is the MMO from "Lakoo". Its a chinese MMO which the english version is coming out this Jan as in this month...

go to app store and search "Lakoo" and check it out... I think this will be a PL destroyer.. but lets wait and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Except PL kinda got screwed up in 1.5 and then with the cyber quests. I see no reason to play right now. A new map might help, but for how long? Any time the game is the slightest bit challenging, they nerf it all to hell. I really do enjoy DD and that it requires strategy, but it's got too many flaws for me right now. I may have to just wait and see what they do with it, see if they try to fix it properly. Not sure that will be possible without a server, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lakoo is actually called Empire Online in english, I was part of the beta and it's not going to beat PL. Yes, it will be a contender as there both mmo's but has a huge learning curve which will turn people away, as well it's a 2d mmo with random battles like old school final fantasy.
    IGN: jacblac, mynasbear, mynasbird, mynasmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ugh turn-based rpg? Blech. I'm so over that crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
    Lakoo is actually called Empire Online in english, I was part of the beta and it's not going to beat PL. Yes, it will be a contender as there both mmo's but has a huge learning curve which will turn people away, as well it's a 2d mmo with random battles like old school final fantasy.
    ohhhh really....... 2D huh... i can live with 2D but the random battles might turn me off... dame i was hoping it would be a PL contender.... sigh... PL u win... logging in now -_- '''''''