Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

DELPH PLEASE COME BACK AND FIX THIS MESS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube Channel: Tuma Arcane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypticOrder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Disappointing turn of events... disappointing indeed

I understand the need to make it so that no one feels left out of the contest, for whatever reason, but it is definitely a hard pill to swallow for all of us who worked hard to ensure that we posted every day. Not that it is really going to significantly change our chances of winning anything, but it is the principle. After all, the shards are a prize for people who could not post every day.

Just a seperate idea... perhaps make a new title for those of us who managed to post every day? "Tooth hunter," "tooth puller," "dentist," etc??? Might make some upset people a little happier about their accomplishment.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    DELPH PLEASE COME BACK AND FIX THIS MESS!!!

+1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    To all of the people concerned about non-eligible entries. I will be going and verifying all of the entries before the winners are selected. Don't worry! I wouldn't let people work this hard only to slip and give away the prizes to people who posted duplicates/the wrong screenshot/etc etc. Please know, only 20 completely eligible entries will land you in the running for the Arcane Ring.

For those who missed ONE day. Tonight is your very last chance to redeem yourself. If you get the day 20 screenshot (see the day 20 thread) and you have only missed one out of 20 days, you will be back in the running for the ring.
    Is valid modified pictures?
    I refer --> '' Last edited by ----; Day--- hour ----''
    Last edited by Normitaa :); 04-13-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Normitaa :) View Post
    I guess are ok, if it was edited before deadline

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Normitaa :) View Post
    I asked Delph like on day 2 (was worried about that).

Yes you may edit posts. On closed threads you cant edit posts anyway.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I dont see what the fuss is about, I too worked hard to ensure I correctly completed the screenshot challenge correctly for 20 days, but alot of other people worked hard any only managed to complete 19, not everyone has the time to complete the screenshot 20 days running, I think its a nice idea people who are only missing one entry, are back in for the running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Should have just added an extra day rather than changing the rules... im not involved in this contest at all, but def was a bad decision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    I dont see what the fuss is about, I too worked hard to ensure I correctly completed the screenshot challenge correctly for 20 days, but alot of other people worked hard any only managed to complete 19, not everyone has the time to complete the screenshot 20 days running, I think its a nice idea people who are only missing one entry, are back in for the running.
    Smh....so are u saying no big deal? What if every competition was run like that, hmmm lets say Olympics, give everyone a gold medal, just for participanting, what do u think would happen to the contest, even better give all hockey teams the Stanley cup, they all tryed hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Disappointing turn of events... disappointing indeed

I understand the need to make it so that no one feels left out of the contest, for whatever reason, but it is definitely a hard pill to swallow for all of us who worked hard to ensure that we posted every day. Not that it is really going to significantly change our chances of winning anything, but it is the principle. After all, the shards are a prize for people who could not post every day.

Just a seperate idea... perhaps make a new title for those of us who managed to post every day? "Tooth hunter," "tooth puller," "dentist," etc??? Might make some upset people a little happier about their accomplishment.
    Hillbilly bride?...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lol it is a fuss, mate. It was alrdy stated in the rule. Wen u created a contest or a competition, the first thin contestants/competitors ndta oblige ar the rules & regulations. N if they were any changes to the original rules, they shld announce publicly first before moving forward to the next or continue onwards. And wen you carelessly/inapproriately/intentionally decided to chg the rules without their consents/acknowledges, you have created a fuss or an uproar towards it (conts/comps) & by all means these contestants/competitors ar no longer contestin/competitin a fair orderly systematically manner.
    And yes if u think tat way, it wld b fair to those who taken 19 screenshots to eligibly reenter the contest for arcane ring(s), but rules ar rules. And of course alot wld b sayin rules ar meant to b broken, but tats juz the outer look, inner within, u hvta do hassle jobs to amend the broken rules to set a new rule over it by wat i mention abv.
    Sts will definitely stated out their reasons but it will b too late & full of doubts as they actually shld explain beforehand. You have made mostly everyone enrage of this situation. It is no longer dramatic but uncommon sense/illogical way of mindsets of doin so. You know its not 3 days or 5 days but 20 long days to participate this. N i pity to those who missed out on day 2 onwards & they knew they had fail to meet the rules & thus givin up on this contest wld b rly upset & regret abt this last day contest "so-called" rule. I already sensed you are in favor towards particular players, i may be wrg but this wont work well in your game business sts. Remember why you created this game in the first place. Be strict on this or you'll fail to win over many large amt of dedicated players here in Arcane Legends. Tats how game is abt generally.
    Last edited by Sephiroth143; 04-13-2014 at 04:24 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sephiroth143 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, then, why not include 18? Or 17? 16? Hell, why not everyone?

Fact is the contest said EVERYDAY. For those than cant handle everyday, they still had a chance at an arcane shard AND teeth.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Just fix singe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sort of annoyed by the rule change for the Arcane Ring contest. A lot of players made the extra effort to participate EVERY DAY.

Instead of about 1/600 chance to get the ring (Based on the current # of entries for day 20), I have a now I have a 20/13464 chance to get the ring, which means 1/673.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Wow you are all seriously over reacting, yes you went to the effort to complete a 20 day competition everyday, and correctly, so did I, but id like to point out this isnt the Olympics, its a competition, on a game, the idea is that people who cannot afford the arcane ring have a shot at getting one, through a fun competition, to be honest its selfish to have a grudge over this new rule change, I think its a great**idea, means more people have a shot at getting a very hard item to get, i wish everyone the best of luck, just remember this is supposed to be a fun competition, not something to be angry or upset about.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Wow you are all seriously over reacting, yes you went to the effort to complete a 20 day competition everyday, and correctly, so did I, but id like to point out this isnt the Olympics, its a competition, on a game, the idea is that people who cannot afford the arcane ring have a shot at getting one, through a fun competition, to be honest its selfish to have a grudge over this new rule change, I think its a great**idea, means more people have a shot at getting a very hard item to get, i wish everyone the best of luck, just remember this is supposed to be a fun competition, not something to be angry or upset about.
    For it to be fun, only the ones that put in hard work get the reward. You're saying that we can't get what we want even when we put in effort. Now that makes no sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

i agree that the original rules really should apply.

The problem is that some people have now read Remiem's change and there will be more yelling if she pulls back her change, as those people relied upon her rule change. Not that devs/mods are unfamiliar with an angry playerbase.

I only proposed the extra ring because it seemed one method to abide by the original rules (people who submitted 20 posts get chance at a ring and only those people, and it is the same chance promised by the original rules), as well as Remiem's modification (people who posted at least 19 days will get a chance at a ring, thus not negatively affecting the chances of those posting all 20 days).

I addressed Remiem's promise that those with 19 days of postings, as long as they posted on Day 20, would get a chance at an arcane ring, as well as the original promise that those posting all 20 days would get a chance at an arcane ring.

In my experience, people complain less, if at all, about additional prizes, especially when the change increases their chances at a prize, versus decreasing it, as Remiem's modification did, however slight, for those who went to the extra effort of posting all 20 screenshots.

Star light, star bright...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Woot, it's time for the winners!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

People that did 19 days still put in hard work.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post: