Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Economic woes of inflation in the land of Arlor....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You can't stop people from buying what they want though, haha. If you could, well, it would be quite a different market.
    True and the flip side is there will always be some dude that will undercut what you listed for in CS too...
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

You can't stop people from buying what they want though, haha. If you could, well, it would be quite a different market.
    No you can't but just because people are asking for a certain price doesn't mean people have to pay for it. Seems like those that are buying at X price are smart and all those who are buying at Y price are silly. Those that read this, who do you want to be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Name:  20759040-the-trickledown.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  sfl-chan-lowe-the-death-of-trickledown-economi-001.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  46.2 KB
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    It's the same old argument getting older... those that don't spend plat looking for some way to change the balance (make the elites harder so we can sell for more, nerf the locked crates... la la la). Too many people forget that STS doesn't do this as a hobby for free players that don't spend money.
    Did you even read my post?

Nowhere did I say to nerf locked crates. I said to INCREASE the drop rate of the more valuable arcane items, and reduce the amount of gold. Do you open locked crates for the gold or for the chance at getting arcane items?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I play the lottery to hit the jackpot, but i'm not going to scoff at $7 to increase my chances to slightly better than nothing.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1588435
    It's the same old argument getting older... those that don't spend plat looking for some way to change the balance (make the elites harder so we can sell for more, nerf the locked crates... la la la). Too many people forget that STS doesn't do this as a hobby for free players that don't spend money.
    Did you even read my post?

Nowhere did I say to nerf locked crates. I said to INCREASE the drop rate of the more valuable arcane items, and reduce the amount of gold. Do you open locked crates for the gold or for the chance at getting arcane items?
    People don't read and want to have an opinion. I agree with you Energizeric, it's the same thing i said last season when Hooks fell from grace. Take them out of locked but keep them in Elite Pirate Chests.

This is actually in the best interest of STS. Right now I have some plat I refuse to use since only 3 items are even worth looting: Scepter, Sam and Shard. I won't open to run the risk of getting some mythic pendant, a hammerjaw, hooks etc and I'm sure PLENTY of people feel the same way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I think the economy is fine, its only when arcane/mythic items show up..it makes things just sky rocket. (if there is a gold cap even for 200mill or even 500mill....when will it ever stop XD) even simple missions that when you get 1 or 2 gold..is like pesos from mexico compared to gold in locked. so why would the devs change that?

A money/item bomb is what we need. but..something to help encourage spending instead of feeling used XD.
    Excellent video!!

However to achive this in al dev should create more top gears options otherwise everyone will have same sats,gear,pets and skills.
    With new content, skills, gear and stats limits, money bomb would be awsome idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

This actually cracked me up today... coming from a guy buying / selling shards... more power 2 ya brother! Smart high end market to be in right now... good way to make a few free rings.
    Yes do you know why its 100m+?

lets say i purchase the shard 80m is the lowest + Dragon Bar 4m = 84m

now calculate the amount of plats when you craft it.
    75 plats for essence + 250 plats for finish crafting = 325 plats.

Now add the gems 1 slot is 24plats + 2nd slot i forget + 3d slot 95 plats.

Also calculate the number of tarlok gems spend and plats when making the ring perfect. 30-40 gems 1k-1.5k plats.

each tarlok gems 80-120k each = 3.6 - 5m just gems alone.

total plat spend is 2k-2.5k thats 150-200 USD

So yah did you calculate all of this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Who buys essences for plat.. really. That's just way too lazy.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Shard is locked crate item, ring is not. Can u give me the calculation on why tje shard is 80m?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Shard is locked crate item, ring is not. Can u give me the calculation on why tje shard is 80m?
    It's wanted by all 3 classes, it's very OP for rogues so they hold the highest demand, and inflation.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It's wanted by all 3 classes, it's very OP for rogues so they hold the highest demand, and inflation.
    Maybe for rogues, but you need arcane weapon and samael first if you are a sorcerer, ring alone wont make you decent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    Yes do you know why its 100m+?

lets say i purchase the shard 80m is the lowest + Dragon Bar 4m = 84m

now calculate the amount of plats when you craft it.
    75 plats for essence + 250 plats for finish crafting = 325 plats.

Now add the gems 1 slot is 24plats + 2nd slot i forget + 3d slot 95 plats.

Also calculate the number of tarlok gems spend and plats when making the ring perfect. 30-40 gems 1k-1.5k plats.

each tarlok gems 80-120k each = 3.6 - 5m just gems alone.

total plat spend is 2k-2.5k thats 150-200 USD

So yah did you calculate all of this?
    So basically you are saying you are spending 150 USD for a profit of 6m-16m gold depending on the finale sale price. 88m (rounded up) for arcane shard, dragonite bar and cost of gems. If we take the plat spent of 2k at a 1:3000 plat to gold conversion. (You could make this selling elixirs or vanities). So the opportunity cost is 6m. Which amounts to 88m + 6m = 94m. So lets say it sells for 100m to 110m? So basically you spent 2k plat ($150 USD) to loot a hammerjaw, glacian or Samael at best? Haha, I don't know why but I find this hilarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Maybe for rogues, but you need arcane weapon and samael first if you are a sorcerer, ring alone wont make you decent.
    Yup, sorcerers do have other requirements first. I actually told that to the guy that I bought an arcane shard off of an hour ago! He was undergeared and thought the ring was a better option rather than taking 83m for a shard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    So basically you are saying you are spending 150 USD for a profit of 6m-16m gold depending on the finale sale price. 88m (rounded up) for arcane shard, dragonite bar and cost of gems. If we take the plat spent of 2k at a 1:3000 plat to gold conversion. (You could make this selling elixirs or vanities). So the opportunity cost is 6m. Which amounts to 88m + 6m = 94m. So lets say it sells for 100m to 110m? So basically you spent 2k plat ($150 USD) to loot a hammerjaw, glacian or Samael at best? Haha, I don't know why but I find this hilarious.
    It's about as hilarious as super gem items selling for 10M a ring when they first came out. If you don't want to pay the plat, you need to pay the gold. I understand that and so do many others who pay crafters.

The super gem process is a time thing. Originally, when the item is new, the super gem cost will be an extreme premium. However, as the item grows older, there is more of a chance that people have supergemmed it using the free method, thus the supply gradually increases and the premium to supergem drops.

Note: I'm not saying the ring is not overpriced, but I am explaining why the plat cost has to be worth it to crafters to actually become crafters.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-16-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Yup, sorcerers do have other requirements first. I actually told that to the guy that I bought an arcane shard off of an hour ago! He was undergeared and thought the ring was a better option rather than taking 83m for a shard.
    I think we reached the maximum price of the ring now, as supply increases(i hope hehe) it will never be as much again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I think we reached the maximum price of the ring now, as supply increases(i hope hehe) it will never be as much again.
    Hopefully, lol. The prices are really too ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

This actually cracked me up today... coming from a guy buying / selling shards... more power 2 ya brother! Smart high end market to be in right now... good way to make a few free rings.
    well if you spend 2k plats on crates its a gamble, it is 50/50 from 1 to nothing to get arcane items or pet.

there are times you open 100 crates you get nothing all pinks and that is already 1.5k plats.

not to think that 100 crates = 1.2m already.

while if you use it to craft its assurance that you will earn something and your plats wont be a waste.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 04-16-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

It's about as hilarious as super gem items selling for 10M a ring when they first came out. If you don't want to pay the plat, you need to pay the gold. I understand that and so do many others who pay crafters.

The super gem process is a time thing. Originally, when the item is new, the super gem cost will be an extreme premium. However, as the item grows older, there is more of a chance that people have supergemmed it using the free method, thus the supply gradually increases and the premium to supergem drops.

Note: I'm not saying the ring is not overpriced, but I am explaining why the plat cost has to be worth it to crafters to actually become crafters.
    The reason I find this funny is because the cost in USD to craft this perfect arcane ring is less then I have spent on this game in over 1 year time. And the amount of gold I have earned in the game during this same period far exceeds the cost of the ring. Though I feel sorry for those people starting now. They must think the only way to earn these items is to get rich by a contest or gambling on crates. Though I have come to realize that the best time to play these free to play games is in the beginning and once they start to full monetize every aspect of the game, it maybe time to look elsewhere.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

The reason I find this funny is because the cost in USD to craft this perfect arcane ring is less then I have spent on this game in over 1 year time. And the amount of gold I have earned in the game during this same period far exceeds the cost of the ring. Though I feel sorry for those people starting now. They must think the only way to earn these items is to get rich by a contest or gambling on crates. Though I have come to realize that the best time to play these free to play games is in the beginning and once they start to full monetize every aspect of the game, it maybe time to look elsewhere.
    I agree after a X period of time all f2P turn into P2W and die.

The more the game gets old the higher the cost of the best items get and the rest of the items in the game lose their value. Usually at least from my personal experience it becomes literally impossible to buy those items without investing real serious cash into the game.

The game gets divided in two distinct categorize the mediocre class and overpowered class.

Afterwards new players that freshly enter the game immediately notice what the old player are experiencing: the impossibility to get the best items without spending serious cash so after "tasting" the game they give up and move to other ones. At a certain point no new player joins the game anymore.

The mediocre players which are the majority can't take it anymore and also give up on the game.

Now the game is dying who remains are those OP players i stated earlier that spent just too much money on the game to abbadon it like that.

When there are serious events and new expansions some of the old mediocre players still login to partecipate but when the events finish or after a while the excitement gets over and they vanish.

At this point even the OP can't it take anymore and

The game dies.

We are currently at the initial stage were the best items are just too far from the rest. AL is aging.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-17-2014 at 12:31 AM.