Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Expansion Kick Starter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    devs be like- we take yo moneys and use for cap

10min later they announce new al cap and lock this
    Not how kickstarter works. There are legal requirements.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Why Even Make Games If They Dont Have The Staff Members To Back Them.....
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Guys, while I applaud your efforts, I just don't see it happening. My understanding is that AL has more players on the order of 50-to-1 compared to PL. It is also my understanding that the average AL player spends considerably more money in game than does the average PL player. So whatever amount of money you are able to raise, I don't see how it would be enough.

We did recently have a thread in which we were talking with the Spacetime CEO about implementing some of the features of PL into AL. What was discussed was mostly things like the single click for avatar screen and other such features that I feel make PL a more "social" game compared to AL. But in terms of just about everything else, AL is a far superior game. I loved PL and played it for a long time, but AL is way better in terms of graphics, dungeons, pvp, leaderboards, stats, skills, etc. There are just a few features of PL I liked more, and perhaps we will get to see those in AL.

For those of you who have tried AL and decided you don't like it, I suggest giving it more time. At first I was very turned off by the lack of screen rotation. But you do get used to that in time. So if that is the main reason you do not like AL, I encourage you to give it more time and try again.
    Why do people keep comparing PL and AL? It's not relevant to this thread so stop talking about it. I could care less about AL! I'm talking about PL and PL only. PL funding for a PL cap, using kickstarter. We aren't taking any time or money away from AL. It's irrelevant so please only comment on this idea. Sorry I keep getting these posts in this forum derailing it when we are discussing different things. Your post belong back in another thread about spacetime making an expansion with their own money. I'm talking about public funding and new employees etc!
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

what if STS just raise the lvl cap to 81 without adding the new maps stuff?
    just take regular swift/fiery/savage and recolor it (green? green dragon?) and make requirements: lvl 80

*re-rails*
    ok back to topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would be more than happy to support the Kickstarter project to add an expansion for PL. But if I'm paying STS to do so, it better be an awesome expansion with content that would keep players interested for a while (and not recycling old content)!

al: smilingdaisy | smilinglily
    pl: smilingdaisy | smilingpanda | smilingpingu | smilingaway | smilinglily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    what if STS just raise the lvl cap to 81 without adding the new maps stuff?
    just take regular swift/fiery/savage and recolor it (green? green dragon?) and make requirements: lvl 80

*re-rails*
    ok back to topic
    Or black! Maybe white!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    Why do people keep comparing PL and AL? It's not relevant to this thread so stop talking about it. I could care less about AL! I'm talking about PL and PL only. PL funding for a PL cap, using kickstarter. We aren't taking any time or money away from AL. It's irrelevant so please only comment on this idea. Sorry I keep getting these posts in this forum derailing it when we are discussing different things. Your post belong back in another thread about spacetime making an expansion with their own money. I'm talking about public funding and new employees etc!
    In order for them to work on PL they would have to hire more employees. An expansion takes them about 6 months to do and involves at least several employees. So for them to hire several new employees for a few months you are probably looking at $200k minimum. Do you really believe you can raise that kind of cash? I doubt you could even raise 5% of that.

If you really think you can raise that kind of cash, then go for it! But it seems a rather hopeless venture. There is a reason why they stopped adding expansions to PL -- they were not profitable. If a much larger player base did not spend enough cash back when they were adding new expansions every few months, then what makes you think you can get a now much much smaller player base to come up with enough now? The math does not add up.

I'm sure Spacetime has a figure in mind that would be required for such a venture. If a wealthy donor walked into their office tomorrow and offered to fund a new expansion for PL, I'm sure they would not show him the door. But I think the dollar figure they would say was required is much higher than what you think it would be.

Also, keep in mind you don't just grab someone off the street and have them start programming an expansion to a game they have never worked on. Employees must be trained and have some experience before they begin working on such a project. So who would do the training? Right, the current employees, most of whom work on AL. So again you are probably removing resources from AL, which again will have its price.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-19-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    In order for them to work on PL they would have to hire more employees. An expansion takes them about 6 months to do and involves at least several employees. So for them to hire several new employees for a few months you are probably looking at $200k minimum. Do you really believe you can raise that kind of cash? I doubt you could even raise 5% of that.

If you really think you can raise that kind of cash, then go for it! But it seems a rather hopeless venture. There is a reason why they stopped adding expansions to PL -- they were not profitable. If a much larger player base did not spend enough cash back when they were adding new expansions every few months, then what makes you think you can get a now much much smaller player base to come up with enough now? The math does not add up.

I'm sure Spacetime has a figure in mind that would be required for such a venture. If a wealthy donor walked into their office tomorrow and offered to fund a new expansion for PL, I'm sure they would not show him the door. But I think the dollar figure they would say was required is much higher than what you think it would be.

Also, keep in mind you don't just grab someone off the street and have them start programming an expansion to a game they have never worked on. Employees must be trained and have some experience before they begin working on such a project. So who would do the training? Right, the current employees, most of whom work on AL. So again you are probably removing resources from AL, which again will have its price.
    Yes it would require management and guidance on STS's part but most of what they need and will use will already exist. The programming is there for them to add on to and change. Find someone looking for a job that has some experience and I am sure their are many of them out there myself included but I live in California and am currently in the military, and let then have their own creative power with administrative oversight by STS. A new expansion in PL won't take more than 3 months to produce, maybe with a team of 4, running on a salary of let's say 60k a year for only a few months their total would be a large number but still would be achievable. Don't underestimate the amount of people who would push for something like this.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    Why Even Make Games If They Dont Have The Staff Members To Back Them.....
    Because they have enough for al. And that's all they are concerned about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

To anyone shooting down any possibility that there could ever be a new anything in pl, let's take a moment to remember that Cinco is a badazz. Why do I say? He once created new content all by himself out of love for the game (SL).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=Cinco+content
    Even if it was recolored, that is some dedication, all on his own. Who knows what could happen here.

So all you non devs saying no way- ssshhhhhh
    Lel

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If only we thought of this earlier, they would probably still care. Otherwise, I support this idea, I'll gladly throw in a few bucks !

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CruelBlast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Where are them devs at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    Where are them devs at?
    AL.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    AL.
    Lol exactly why I migrated to AL General forum as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
    Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.
    They do! They do! throwing off $500 in one day is nothing in AL.
    On mythic weekends more money is even spent.

That said, i am totally with you guys on this

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    They do! They do! throwing off $500 in one day is nothing in AL.
    On mythic weekends more money is even spent.

That said, i am totally with you guys on this
    $500 per person? Whoa..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    $500 per person? Whoa..
    I agree this is far fetched, I doubt millionaires choose to spend their time and money on AL. 500 x 365 = $182,500 a year for a iphone mmo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i spend my time for this game ,,,,i dont care abouit my money,,this game really exicted n fun ,, i love pocket legends
    bonekryzie L76birdXsvckers L76bearXasfshdt L76mageXsvcks L75bearXsvckr L75rhinoX bejad L75foxXsvckx L63birdX svcka L40fox "]|[_,[*] ]|[_, "]|[" ]|[=]|[ ]|[E ]|[\]|[[*][*] ]|[B "

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bonekryzie For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

If more PL features are implemented into AL I am quitting. I don't like comparing AL to PL. Pl has it's certain spice, it's own kind of addiction, not something like spending.
    hundreds of dollars on these virtual boxes when you have like 5% to get a mythic. I'm not interested in going that route. I also like this community, better than most other MMOs I have seen.
    I do play AL from time to time, but I can't get Into it.

@sue: Cinco was just 2 awesome.

All for one, and one for all.
    Last edited by Caiahar; 04-20-2014 at 06:31 AM.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #100
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Folks, this is a very touching sentiment. We really appreciate the thought, but as some other people have noted this would require staffing up and would have lots of other logistical impacts.

If and when we get around to updating PL it will have to be done as a natural evolution of our internal roadmap. Until then, please enjoy the game you have. We'll keep it running for ya.

CHeers,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: