It's an interesting topic. I honestly also always saw this parking thing as an exploit. I mean, you hardly have to kill anything and just stand around all the time, waiting for the hard mobs to be parked so the 'team' needs to only kill the easy ones.

After reading the comments, I think it's interesting to hear the 'run to boss during last stretch' technique is considered the be the same as parking.

I never saw it that way but I have to admit there's definitely a point there.

The reason I didn't see running as an exploit is that it requires a lot of effort to clear the necessary amount of mobs. Key point being that it needs the full cooperation of your team. You basically have your kill spots, where everyone works in synergy to kill every type of mob as effectively as possible. To me, that's always how I saw PvE.. A co-op multiplayer game where everyone tries and dies just as hard.

If you'd compare this with the parking technique, again the way I see it, your team just stands around while one of them takes the fall so everyone can skip the hard mobs altogether. The only thing you do is stand around and wait for your tank to die, with no group effort whatsoever. The ironic thing to me is that people mostly do this to preserve their k/d ratio... But what about the tank that has to die? His/her k/d doesn't matter? Expecting someone to die, just so you won't have to, feels like a twisted kind of game. It might just be me, but that just doesn't sound like how a team should function. So yeah, it doesn't feel like a co-op game at all anymore when one does most of the work.

To make matters worse, I've already seen groups demanding their tank to park'n'die or find another party to run with. Should that really all just be left alone and seen as being ok?

So yeah, those are the reasons why I always had a feeling of parking being an exploit and running not so much. That said, I'd be fine if both parking and running to boss would get 'fixed', although parking seems to kill teamwork endlessly more as compared to running to a boss during the last stretch.