Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold sink and the solution- Myth or Reality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Thari does have a point there. . Maybe introducing a greater yet limited number of stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Didn't read everything but most of it. So we need a gold sink targeted for wealthy players. It is hard to give them something that no one else is going to strive for. It would have to be something others wouldn't want not so much what wealthy players want. Something to burn the excess gold without being a straight steal. Upon thinking of this, I was thinking perhaps adding a devaluing mechanism to a gear or vanity that the wealthy players need to continuously add gold to so as it doesn't reach the minimal value or to keep at maximum value. The value could be liquidation price, stats, procs, visual effects, etc. It seems complicated but at the sametime it would accomplish part of what we want and in turn give those with excess gold another new way to stand out. Maybe some tweaking to the idea is needed but I feel it is a good idea to explore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

How a bout a Filthy Rich vanity that, as long as you continue to fund it, it has an animation of money falling out of your pockets, because you are, well, Filthy Rich :-)

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Thats sounds cool then i would love to get 10mill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    How a bout a Filthy Rich vanity that, as long as you continue to fund it, it has an animation of money falling out of your pockets, because you are, well, Filthy Rich :-)
    Money has to be removed from the wallets of the whales. This won't affect the mega whales who control the vast economy of the game.. :|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love this idea of fuelling a super duper rare vanity..much like feeding your pet..you dont feed your vanity it becomes just a plain vanity..and if you feed it super cool animations..but on the other hand I dont think it will be a huge gold sink rather just a minor one. I do have another idea, i.e. making locked crates openable at 25-30k . But I think this would hamper plat sales but I think in the long run this shouldnt affect because at some point of time gold will eventually run out and then back to plat.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So you FINALLY caught on to the fact that Removal of 50K from crates = less people opening crates = less people looting Shard = HIGHER price for Arcane Ring?
    See our game arcane legends is quiets different than the ones I play, in AL the items that are common are usually sold faster,means they are sold at a less price, whereas the items that hav expired like the ghastly scythe worth 13 million gold .
    Whatever is common is sold cheaply,rare ones are sold at high prices
    I myself as a merchant , am telling u from my own experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even if u see dragonite bar was like 10 ill ion worth when it came first in auc , now if use it's pretty cheap like 1.099million at the least price even 1m can get u one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So, anything that stays and the game and doesn't leave, is Not a sink. If a vanity can be bought and sold by players, all it does is move money around.

The Elixirs in crates ARE a gold sink. Well, they are in fact a gold/ platinum sink, since it requires both gold to buy the crate and plat to open it. But it results in an elixir that will at some point Leave the economy. Instead of money, I think it's a good strategy by STS to introduce gold purchasable consumables like this.

Instead of a 50k or more payout, introduce a tradable Combo elixir too! Since the primary use of plat is to open crates, no sense letting play only players have all the fun with exclusive elixirs. Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitexx View Post
    The Elixirs in crates ARE a gold sink. Well, they are in fact a gold/ platinum sink, since it requires both gold to buy the crate and plat to open it. But it results in an elixir that will at some point Leave the economy. Instead of money, I think it's a good strategy by STS to introduce gold purchasable consumables like this.
    Elixirs are NOT a gold sink. Gold sink means that gold is leaving the economy. When someone loots a gold sink and sells it, all the happens is that gold transfers from one player to another. And the gold that is spent on purchasing the locked crates is also just gold transferring from one player to another.

A gold sink is something that causes the gold to be spent buying something that is NOT being sold by another player, like potions or pet feeding, or buying the arcane ring recipe.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Add fees to any player to player trades which use gold like the auction house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clerious View Post
    See our game arcane legends is quiets different than the ones I play, in AL the items that are common are usually sold faster,means they are sold at a less price, whereas the items that hav expired like the ghastly scythe worth 13 million gold .
    Whatever is common is sold cheaply,rare ones are sold at high prices
    I myself as a merchant , am telling u from my own experience
    You forgot to consider a factor - usage. Once it was second best weapon, it was worth 18 mil. Now its just a bit better than a cheap and easily obtained expedition gun. So, if people sell it for 10 mil+ and buy the gun, they are just weakened a bit and still save the money. It leads to "not many people wants it anymore", making it fall in price.
    Another example and not discontinued - kershal scepter. It was worth 80 mil and maintain that price for kinda long time, then the thread about charged attack and proc of it pumped up, people then realized it is "not so good anymore" so it fell down to price. Now after another expansion came, a cheap weapon as mentioned above is somewhat kinda good, making the staff somewhat a bit less useful so it fell in price, again. It is hard to explain how the staff is less useful in the way you can easily understand because its still best.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 05-01-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Add fees to any player to player trades which use gold like the auction house.
    I agree, this is brilliant! There's only one flaw: it completely screws over anyone that doesn't have money. What if a new player looted an arcane shard but never in a million years would they have the gold to sell it for what they want. He really has no choice but to keep it.

The other flaw is transferring gold between alts, you would actually lose money transferring.

So, do you have any solutions for these two flaws?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I agree, this is brilliant! There's only one flaw: it completely screws over anyone that doesn't have money. What if a new player looted an arcane shard but never in a million years would they have the gold to sell it for what they want. He really has no choice but to keep it.

The other flaw is transferring gold between alts, you would actually lose money transferring.

So, do you have any solutions for these two flaws?
    I have shard, you have 80m. I add shard to trade window, you add 80m. I get 75,999,900, you get shard. Tax man gets 4,000,100. Which is the fee for selling something for 80m in CS for 12 hours. So anytime you add any gold to the trade window, a fee is deducted. Yes transferring gold between alts is a problem but thats why story tokens for multiple chars are available now. You don't need separate alts anymore. You should be able to keep your stuff in your stash or on your alts connected to one account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I have shard, you have 80m. I add shard to trade window, you add 80m. I get 75,999,900, you get shard. Tax man gets 4,000,100. Which is the fee for selling something for 80m in CS for 12 hours. So anytime you add any gold to the trade window, a fee is deducted. Yes transferring gold between alts is a problem but thats why story tokens for multiple chars are available now. You don't need separate alts anymore. You should be able to keep your stuff in your stash or on your alts connected to one account.
    Then this is a great solution!

They should however warn people before implementing this so people with alts can transfer gold as needed.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Not a bad idea at all. I do however think that this tax should be lower than the auction fee. Part of the auction fee is the advertising of the item to a large audience. Only part of it is really a tax. So perhaps this tax should be 2% or 3% (the auction is 5% + listing fee)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Not a bad idea at all. I do however think that this tax should be lower than the auction fee. Part of the auction fee is the advertising of the item to a large audience. Only part of it is really a tax. So perhaps this tax should be 2% or 3% (the auction is 5% + listing fee)
    And this tax be imposed only on trades amounting 500k+? (Just a number. We don't want the new players at a disadvantage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If u want free flow economy, don't add tax, because this game is not real life when the government put the tax back into the people. In this game, is not. Unless STS want to subsidize poor player )
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    And this tax be imposed only on trades amounting 500k+? (Just a number. We don't want the new players at a disadvantage)
    I thought of this but the downside is this allows another way to scam someone. Since people will try to subvert the fee. And a scammer can say lets do multiple trades below 500k, either they try to scam 500k from you or get you to add your item to the trade window and they get it for 500k. So the only way it will work and avoid people getting scammed is to have a fee at all levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    If u want free flow economy, don't add tax, because this game is not real life when the government put the tax back into the people. In this game, is not. Unless STS want to subsidize poor player )
    CS already has a tax its called a listing fee. Serves no purpose beyond to suck gold out of the economy. This is the same thing. Right now there is no fee for trades done between two players where gold is used. So if people want a gold sink that will work now and in the future, this is the most obvious. Because a lot of high end items by wealthy players are traded between people and don't go through CS. As I said in another thread it would be wildly unpopular but in my opinion would be the best gold sink. The other issue would be that this would require a client change so this mostly wishful thinking.