Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solution to inflation and other economic issues.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sts should just take away x amount of money from each player having over y gold and give the something nice in return.
    After all, things continue down this road the game will be even more boring and uninspiring to play. What you do with all your gold then? Sit in expired game like sl,pl,dl bragging not how rich you are to ghost?

Face it. Short of this, there will be no real solution.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich
    Last edited by Kellhus; 05-13-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

i doubt sts will respond.
    sts is making new game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I do like the idea of craftable items. However I feel like Anarchist's tower idea is much better. It adds a new element to the game and makes it fun to craft the item.

This idea uses crate gear(controlled by poppers) and items that already have another purpose. Anarchist had a great idea to make elite drops valuable. Use them as the base for the new craftable item. This makes money for the farmers. The rich always make money from any new process added to the game. At least using elite tindrin drops will make money for the farmers as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I want to address a couple of concerns that have been posted:

1) My intention was not to make a mythic item that poor players can craft. The idea is that this is indeed an item for more wealthy players to pursue.

2) Then how does this help common players? By driving up the prices of the junk pinks (crate pinks), the prices of the elite pinks (magma gear) will also increase accordingly. For example, what pulls down the prices of the magma claymore is that warriors can buy a cheap conquistador weapon very cheap with stats that are only slightly worse than the magma claymore. So by boosting the price of the conquistador items, you will also boost the price of the mamga weapons, so then elite farming once again becomes more profitable.

3) In the early days of this expansion, regular non-rich players were doing hundreds of runs through the non-elite Tindirin dungeons farming for dragkin teeth in the hope of crafting the dragonite bar and selling it for many millions. Some players struck it rich with this and managed to sell theirs for 5-10m. But then as the supply of arcane shards dried up and the supply of dragonite bars increased, the price of the dragonite bars dropped and now you are lucky to get 1.5m for one. Introducing a new use for dragonite bars will once again drive the price up, which will again give common players who run the non-elite dungeons a good way to make money. They will be able to sell their dragonite bars to rich players who need them to craft, thus transferring money from rich players to regular players.

4) As for driving the price of conquistador items up, I doubt they are going to go up too much, but instead of 200 gold, maybe they will be 10k+. That would be my hope. And this should encourage people to open more locked crates, which will help raise more revenue for STS. I doubt they are going to become insanely expensive. If they do, then the drop rate of them will need to be adjusted accordingly.

5) As for the price of the mythic amulet, I think 7-10m is about right. That is what the level 30 mythic amulets were when they were first introduced. And if some rich players want to hurry and craft these quickly and sell them off to others, it will just be other rich players buying it from them. So this will just be wealth transferred from one rich player to another, and each time a new amulet is crafted, the tax man will take 3m in the form of the gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I agree with the fact that dragonite bars are in need of a new use, and that pinks need a better liquidation/transmute mechanism (this idea has been around since season 2). Your idea is good, Ener; however doesn't quite fit in with STS trends. Needs some fine tuning but this is right place for brainstorming!

A random thought regarding the monetary use of trash pinks: I always enjoyed the "disenchant" ability in WoW that allowed a player to break a weapon down for crafting materials (which had a randomized chance for common-rare materials). It certainly gave players a viable alternative to liquidating loot for trivial prices, or if they don't sell on the market. You can either sell the disenchantment materials or use them in crafting recipes. I'm sure STS could put their own twist on this concept to better fit their needs and that of this player base.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I never played WoW so had no idea about that, but it sounds like a good alternative. We do desperately need a mechanism to boost prices of these junk pinks. Legendary items should never be worth less than 1k.