Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of CD of Energy Balls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Part of me says yeah this isn't a great idea and you know why.

But the other keeps saying, Platinum is here to speed up our gameplay, but I'm still not sure if this energy thing really complies with it..
    Hours (even 1) are too much for a CD for a MMO like AL. Content was created for us. This (like wvhills said) is a blatant plat sink which will give them immense power.

Tarlok worked perfectly. It was one thing which rewarded everyone irrespective of their spending power (minus the portal buyout. But I think the reader will get my point and won't quote n counter me ) and I think that system should be implemented even here (if the devs want, they can derf the drop rates if the economy is such an issue).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sts is just building it's own tomb for al people are already getting pushed to the edge and quitting the game now this -1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think it was mentioned the main reason for the energy balls is that they dont want 12 people being able to take advantage of a portal meant for 4 people. One way that could be win/win (albeit sucky, but lets accept it for what it is), is that if a person/party/pug finds a portal, they can enter it for no cost (you did the work, you earned it), but if a friend or guildmate wants to join them in the portal, then it would cost them 1 energy or 1 plat to join their friend. If a player crosses a certain threshold, then nobody can join that map anymore. this threshold would be somewhere where the boss is still unknown (hence the 1 plat/energy cost and not 5) so they cant cherry pick a boss over another.

I do ask that the lesser bosses not take forever to kill though. during winter event, the goblin was the most common but also took the LONGEST to kill of all the bosses. The other bosses were balanced for their drop, but the Goblin felt like a mini trulle, and as a warrior, I never bothered to solo that boss.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doobiez View Post
    Sts is just building it's own tomb for al people are already getting pushed to the edge and quitting the game now this -1
    I would highly highly doubt people are already quitting from such a thing that hasn't even been released^^ it's called feedback, critics, it's what StS need to survive other whys if they ignored yes we will drop out weapons, use the good o'l quote "Yippi Ki Yay Catchyas later aye!*
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

I would highly highly doubt people are already quitting from such a thing that hasn't even been released^^ it's called feedback, critics, it's what StS need to survive
    What do they need to survive? Sorry for the nub question. . But I didn't catch your drift..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    What do they need to survive? Sorry for the nub question. . But I didn't catch your drift..

Someone already said it before me anyways... Well what I'm trying to say is obviously if StS doesn't listened to what the community wants they will not succeed..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Someone already said it before me anyways... Well what I'm trying to say is obviously if StS doesn't listened to what the community wants they will not succeed..
    Oh. . In that sense! I thought you were referring to plat spending and it's relation with STS.

Thanks for clarifying!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I think it was mentioned the main reason for the energy balls is that they dont want 12 people being able to take advantage of a portal meant for 4 people. One way that could be win/win (albeit sucky, but lets accept it for what it is), is that if a person/party/pug finds a portal, they can enter it for no cost (you did the work, you earned it), but if a friend or guildmate wants to join them in the portal, then it would cost them 1 energy or 1 plat to join their friend. If a player crosses a certain threshold, then nobody can join that map anymore. this threshold would be somewhere where the boss is still unknown (hence the 1 plat/energy cost and not 5) so they cant cherry pick a boss over another.

I do ask that the lesser bosses not take forever to kill though. during winter event, the goblin was the most common but also took the LONGEST to kill of all the bosses. The other bosses were balanced for their drop, but the Goblin felt like a mini trulle, and as a warrior, I never bothered to solo that boss.
    if only portal finder can join free and friends 1 plat <<< in that case boss must be easy to solo because players as me in small guilds cant find plat players to join party.. on the last tarlok event bosses arent easy to solo for a best legendary gear player ( not talking about rogues, rogue allways easy soloing than other 2 class )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

An energy system is a very bad idea. AL was (in my opinion) designed to be a social game. We trade, play with
    friends in dungeons, and hangout in towns just to chill. An enerenergy syssystem will cut the sosocial aspect in half. Not being able to get on due to "energy" limiting who you see. Sounds very unecessary and unpleasant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos View Post
    if only portal finder can join free and friends 1 plat <<< in that case boss must be easy to solo because players as me in small guilds cant find plat players to join party.. on the last tarlok event bosses arent easy to solo for a best legendary gear player ( not talking about rogues, rogue allways easy soloing than other 2 class )
    If a player has energy balls they could also enter that way as well. At least if the runner finds a portal they will be able to enter it for free. other players should also be hunting and killing bosses for energy drops anyways, so as long players are actively playing, they are being rewarded for playing.

What paying to enter a portal does is to prevent people from just waiting for others to run and join and not do the work. So eventually, if they run out of energy, they will have to wait to mooch or pay up and then join their friends (convenience fee).

as for the turnstile entry to portals from a portal NPC like last time, thats perfectly fine, I dont think anyone had any complaints about people being able to buy through on their accord.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Yes! As many people have said, the Tarlok event was very fun! I remember running for hours with a few guildies, it was a blast. I also received all my twink gear from farming it, plus a little extra money too! If the new energy system could be changed to be similar to the Tarlok event, I would gladly spend hours farming until my head explodes, or heck maybe spend a few bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

They need funding for their new game, so a plat-fest (energy & new mythics) is good idea
    Specially now that capped players are quiting or taking brakes until something fun arrives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Yes! As many people have said, the Tarlok event was very fun! I remember running for hours with a few guildies, it was a blast. I also received all my twink gear from farming it, plus a little extra money too! If the new energy system could be changed to be similar to the Tarlok event, I would gladly spend hours farming until my head explodes, or heck maybe spend a few bucks.
    ^ Exact reason why I don't like this system.. Sorry devs! Eagerly waiting for more info on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    They need funding for their new game, so a plat-fest (energy & new mythics) is good idea
    Specially now that capped players are quiting or taking brakes until something fun arrives.
    I, for one, wouldn't join such a plat-fest..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

make Energy ball drop from specific spawn boss like Lep boss dropping Lep vanity.

or make them as purchasable like those elixir kits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Why bring the energy ball system to al? isnt it already a good money maker for STG, and by good i mean the best one so far.

Tarlok event was fun they just need to make sure the portals arent bugged, thats it.

Im sure STG will make enough money off of people buying plat to open crates and loot new mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

yes matan. tarlok event was the best event in AL.
    but its a event and carapace said somewhere tht balls will drop from bosses like teeth I think.
    but lets see wat will b the consequences after implementing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

I loved Tarlok tbh.. anyways, can we get some more feedback (from players as well as STS devs) please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Need more feedback. Disappointed in the new vid that energy balls have made their way in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I don't understand why STS has developed this system when they are so historically against 'pay to win'.

I guess I'll give it a day or two of testing, but if it's obvious that people are spending hundreds of plat to get the top spot in event LBs, I'll be back here to make a ruckus.

STS, don't turn AL into 'pay to win'. It's tempting, but it's also gamebreaking. So just... don't.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I havent played dark legends. What is this energy balls and why do we need them?