Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End Game Balance Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I pretty sure that now Sam brought up this discussion that he will do something about it. It would be a waste of time for him to post this if he wasn't gonna do anything.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    I pretty sure that now Sam brought up this discussion that he will do something about it. It would be a waste of time for him to post this if he wasn't gonna do anything.
    Actually it doesn't work like that, there is a possibility Sam made this thread, and replied the first few times to keep us quiet. We have been wanting a rebalance for a while, and we have been making threads for it on forums. It saves him alot of time considering there won't be these threads anymore. But I can assure you that STS isn't working at it soon for 99.9%.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Guys this thread was make less than 2 weeks ago. If they are going to rebalance, they/he has to gather the information and work on it. Don't expect a rebalance as soon as he posts a discussion thread about it. We've waited this long. I think we can wait a little while more before assuming he just ditched this idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    Guys this thread was make less than 2 weeks ago. If they are going to rebalance, they/he has to gather the information and work on it. Don't expect a rebalance as soon as he posts a discussion thread about it. We've waited this long. I think we can wait a little while more before assuming he just ditched this idea.
    This. And believe it or not, despite the millions of threads asking for balance, none of them give STS the knowledge they need to balance things. I feel like they barely play the game, themselves, (if at all?) so what they need is a very in depth and detailed description of what is unbalanced and why. 99% of all of the threads made consisted of nothing but complaining or simply saying, "x is op, nerf it!"

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #145
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    This. And believe it or not, despite the millions of threads asking for balance, none of them give STS the knowledge they need to balance things. I feel like they barely play the game, themselves, (if at all?) so what they need is a very in depth and detailed description of what is unbalanced and why. 99% of all of the threads made consisted of nothing but complaining or simply saying, "x is op, nerf it!"
    Yeah, that's the problem. It's not done simply, balance is totally subjective and doing a ton of playtesting is very time consuming.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem. It's not done simply, balance is totally subjective and doing a ton of playtesting is very time consuming.
    I'll see if I can write up a thread later today or this weekend that goes a little bit in depth on what the issues are. I don't really end game much but I'm pretty sure I understand what's wrong from talking with friends of mind. And I've played most other levels of pvp as well so I'll see what I can come up with.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

@sam, take an example thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-take-a-look)

problem is ppls play the game does not mean everyone understand the in deapth problems but devs understand the mechanism, definitely they can understand what logic (raised by players) is true and what not if devs just focused on something that someone reputed player said then this is not gonna work and that's the mistake they made last time.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-16-2014 at 12:26 PM.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I can contribute a bit hopefully, as to making in depth explanation on rhinos on what should be boosted and what not

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Sooo how about that balance...

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Lul I herd they were planning a new cap for al already

hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default End Game Balance Discussion

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?155324-Balancing-The-Current-Meta&highlight=balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=imxoriginal

Sincerily i think that threat is one thats explain which set needs or miss what, also what does each character miss and stuff, i was lazy to see if any other put it but here it is again if someone already did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Looking for good input on possible balance changes for end game pvp.

Thanks!
    Sam I don't know if you still read this thread but you HAVE to nerf savage and swift sets, I'm a 75 mage using fiery set and I am always killed immediately by archers and bears, so is every other fiery mage, there is a HUGE imbalance! Either you nerf birds and bears, or you buff fiery set or mages stats because it just isnt fair..

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cryforop View Post
    dex birds (i mean good birds) are actually op, *cough.. cold*
    they can take out a bear in 3-4 skills, and don't forget the real op skill blindshot which really makes you blind and miss all spells.
    Oh sorry. We don't all have 3pce, egg, black drag and human face. So, before you comment on others try to get "good" yourself on a dex bird without these advantages, then talk here.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Lol.........did this thread accomplish much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Red face A solution to the PvP match-ups

So I thought of an Idea for to help solve some issues regarding the current PvP system. The first idea is to separate players based on gear. Yes, PvP Filters that divide players entering a PvP lobby into Three seperate categories.

Arcane:Players entering a PvP lobby equipped with an Arcane item or acquainted by an Arcane pet will be placed into a lobby with other players with such items. Since most PvP oriented guilds house players touting the best equipment in the game Arcane Lobbies will keep their itch for high lvl competition satisfied.

Mythic:Players entering a PvP lobby with any Mythic items and or pets will be placed here. Considering this applies to many end game players this type of lobby offers a more casual yet still competitive atmosphere.

Legendary:Players entering this Lobby with Legendary items, pets, and rarities of below will be placed here. This lobby offers the most softcore pvp for players and allows casual players a place to play pvp in a comfortable environment.

With these filters you're probably wondering.How does this effect twinks and low lvl pvp? The answer to that is simple. Considering most twinks commonly use Mythic and Arcane pets this helps integrate Twinks into more competitive environments and keeps them seperated from low lvl players testing out pvp or just playing it for fun.

Other Notes
    •During PvP matches players can not switch gear. You should plan what you want to use during the match before hand.
    •You can not switch pets during PvP matches, I know pets use energy during matches. Oh well, you can simply press the feed button and continue the good fight! (A tiny, yet appreciable gold sink.)
    •Spawn blocking is no more! Each room in CtF has three spawn points and now the entire top ridge of Trulle's Forest is a spawn point. Players can spawn anywhere from the top!

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Legallyblonde; 05-28-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

This has been suggested before but yours is definitely more detailed. A couple problems i see
    1.) It doesn't stop the new wave of lesser geared community that would pop up from being as bad as the current.
    2.) A mythic pet is usually bought with platinum therefore the player with mythic pet may not even have mythic gear.
    Thats all i can think of now but i do still like this idea
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Legallyblonde, xcainnblecterx, I have moved your posts here since this is the official thread Samhayne posted asking for feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpluvial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    This has been suggested before but yours is definitely more detailed. A couple problems i see
    1.) It doesn't stop the new wave of lesser geared community that would pop up from being as bad as the current.
    2.) A mythic pet is usually bought with platinum therefore the player with mythic pet may not even have mythic gear.
    Thats all i can think of now but i do still like this idea
    I quite don't understand what you mean by 1.) but to answer 2.) A mythic pet is purchased with plats yes, but if the player CHOOSES to enter a PvP lobby with said pet or not is up to them.