Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Unlocked Grand Crate of the Watch , It should be?Why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

It's my Idea.See the link

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=Prahi

posted it way long back last year....but after reading other comments lost my hopes on it.
    As AL is already the best ftp of MMO in world we should not asking everything.

~Prahi
    Last edited by Prahasit Prahi; 05-28-2014 at 09:52 PM.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This would crash the farming market.
    Agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    How do you expect a Non-Plat user to open it?
    This is what a Non-Plat user is.

Just by this time think of the difference between a Plat and Non plat user...before there is a lot of difference like auction slots,inventory slots,pets,elixirs etc...
    but now barely there is nothing difference except the locked crates...if they make this implemented the difference also vanishes and what the plat users think is buying a plat a waste as they get everything for gold so they just stop buying plat...finally the market crashes

This is what happens.

~Prahi

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    This is what I think:
    - This will mean more crates to be unlocked.
    - More unlocked crates means more opened crates.
    - More opened crates means more mythics and arcanes to be looted.
    - More mythics and arcanes means the prices of them will go down. Heck, I'm sure mythic helms and armors will go as low as amulets. And even Hammerjaw may go as low as 1 - 2m.
    - Most legendaries from crates can't even be sold in auction, you'll get more gold liquidating it.
    - Prices of mythics and arcanes going down will make people start complaining that they keep getting junks.
    - Elite golden's price will crash. Who is silly enough to open one when they can open unlocked crates for better chance and better items (including arcane eggs)? Elite golden pirate, warchest and puzzlebox will be under 10k and elite golden dragonscale will be around 20k.
    - More mythics and arcanes will also make demand decrease for elite gear.
    - Low demand for elite gear and elite golden means PvE part of the game is dead.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Yea that's true and baskei u know one thing when HJ was first launched it used to sell for 800k-1m LOL
    It would reach that price.

~Prahi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This is what I think:
    - This will mean more crates to be unlocked.
    - More unlocked crates means more opened crates.
    - More opened crates means more mythics and arcanes to be looted.
    - More mythics and arcanes means the prices of them will go down. Heck, I'm sure mythic helms and armors will go as low as amulets. And even Hammerjaw may go as low as 1 - 2m.
    - Most legendaries from crates can't even be sold in auction, you'll get more gold liquidating it.
    - Prices of mythics and arcanes going down will make people start complaining that they keep getting junks.
    - Elite golden's price will crash. Who is silly enough to open one when they can open unlocked crates for better chance and better items (including arcane eggs)? Elite golden pirate, warchest and puzzlebox will be under 10k and elite golden dragonscale will be around 20k.
    - More mythics and arcanes will also make demand decrease for elite gear.
    - Low demand for elite gear and elite golden means PvE part of the game is dead.

Altho i agree elite chest will crash but how can u say mythic coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in lock opening now and then yes and after all its just unlocking and the player who used to open 200 locks will just sell then and those 200 will be open by 200 different players so what difference it makes the locks are just getting divided and only 200 locks are getting opened and same number of mythic and arcane looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to open lock. Why would people unlock a large number of crates than before as its just a alternative to open lock. And if its demand rises then so did its price so again not much people opening it and if price drops then not much people will be unlocking

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mightymynk View Post
    Altho i agree elite chest will crash but how can u say mythic coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in lock opening now and then yes and after all its just unlocking and the player who used to open 200 locks will just sell then and those 200 will be open by 200 different players so what difference it makes the locks are just getting divided and only 200 locks are getting opened and same number of mythic and arcane looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to open lock. Why would people unlock a large number of crates than before as its just a alternative to open lock. And if its demand rises then so did its price so again not much people opening it and if price drops then not much people will be unlocking
    Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    This would crash the farming market.
    Ok Mighty, u dont want this game to be destroyed, right? If so, then why u suggest this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

I will tell: Poor players win and rich players lose, which mean Poor players will open unlocked and rich players lose his plats for become unlocked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    C'mon you posted twice without a valid reason!
    Hoard, u are a poor player, which mean u have to win against rich player, right? Wrong, rich player will win for fair play.
    And hoard, think about the problems, and even u ask me for the valid reason BUT u dont have any reason problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Perhaps I should elaborate...

This would crash the farming market because:

1. Elite Golden ______ would crash.
    2. If free players are opening locked crates, what's the point of farming for the elite legendary gear? After all, locked crates are the only good thing to farm now! Farm enough to afford your unlocked grand crate of the watch and then open those! Why would you ever need to farm?
    3. If free players are not farming for elite legendary gear...what option is left to farm? Locked crates!
    4. Influx in arcanes in the market. Yes, I know that the crates still come from platinum users but players can already see how awesome the plat to elixir chest trade off is worth to plat players. You'd have to be naive to think that this is any less popular!

If all the money is flowing in one direction, that is not a good thing AT ALL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Perhaps I should elaborate...

This would crash the farming market because:

1. Elite Golden ______ would crash.
    2. If free players are opening locked crates, what's the point of farming for the elite legendary gear? After all, locked crates are the only good thing to farm now! Farm enough to afford your unlocked grand crate of the watch and then open those! Why would you ever need to farm?
    3. If free players are not farming for elite legendary gear...what option is left to farm? Locked crates!
    4. Influx in arcanes in the market. Yes, I know that the crates still come from platinum users but players can already see how awesome the plat to elixir chest trade off is worth to plat players. You'd have to be naive to think that this is any less popular!

If all the money is flowing in one direction, that is not a good thing AT ALL.
    Not to mention a very apparent scam...

A: "Ugh i have this locked crate, but i dont have 15 plat to unlock it"
    B: "I'll unlock it for you for 5k gold"
    A: "Ok"
    -A trades B the crate for 5k gold. B then runs away-
    A: "#ivebeenscammed"

Edit: Deja Vu?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Not to mention a very apparent scam...

A: "Ugh i have this locked crate, but i dont have 15 plat to unlock it"
    B: "I'll unlock it for you for 5k gold"
    A: "Ok"
    -A trades B the crate for 5k gold. B then runs away-
    A: "#ivebeenscammed"

Edit: Deja Vu?
    That scam happens with the Crurrent one, where they say I'll unlock and give you the items

If you're a clever guy, you'll ask for Unlocked not 5K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker
    That scam happens with the Crurrent one, where they say I'll unlock and give you the items

If you're a clever guy, you'll ask for Unlocked not 5K
    Lol are scammers clever? xD

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Lol are scammers clever? xD
    Clever

quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
    "a clever and studious young woman"
    synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd;

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys, I have moved this to AL Suggestions and Feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker
    Clever

quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
    "a clever and studious young woman"
    synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd;
    Lol i know what clever means lol. Scammers would jump at the chance to steal a locked crate and 5k from another player. Scammers use old tactics repeatedly, and often-times fail and even get banned. Are they clever? I dont think so

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I tell you this "clever guy never scam " which mean scammer are simply dum*

btw back to the topic.
    I dont like the idea because :

1.Isn't "unlocked" and "open" means the same?

2.STS need money to keep running the server.The money comes from people buying platinums.People buying platinums because they need best item from locked crate.If locked can be unlocked without plats people wont buy platinums anymore.If noone buying platinums,STS dont get money.Without money,they cant run the server which mean in the end we cant play this game anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I don't see a major problem with this. Other than elite golden dragon chests decreasing in value there really is no other downside. There would more than likely be an increased number of lock crates opened which may slightly decrease the price of the loot within, but given the current drop rate I can't see a major change.

The thing is STS would be changing their greatest money maker, which is a scary thing to do. If I were them I wouldn't implement this out of fear. However, if revenue is decreasing at some point and a change is needed this is an option to attempt to boost sales. It may have an effect, it may not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The unlocked crates would have better loot that the current elite golden chest so that would mean either the unlocked crates would cost over 100k increasing gold per plat spent for plat users or the elite golden chests would crash to a very low price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mightymynk View Post
    I'm trying to use your logic for luck elixir kits. So here it is:

"how can u say magma blades of brutality coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in luck elixir usage now and then yes and after all its just buying kit and the player who used to use 200 luck elixirs will just sell then and those 200 will be used by 200 different players so what difference it makes the luck elixirs are just getting divided and only 200 luck elixirs are getting used and same number of magma blades of brutality looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to use luck elixirs. Why would people buy a large number of luck elixir kits than before as its just a alternative to buy luck elixirs."

It's just an example, but you should get my point
    FYI:
    Before the introduction of luck elixir: magma blades of brutality is around 800 - 900k
    Afterwards: 200 - 300k

So my response to your logic: NO, the number of crates being opened WILL NOT be the same. It will increase exponentially, much higher than the example of luck elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm trying to use your logic for luck elixir kits. So here it is:

"how can u say magma blades of brutality coming too 200k coz there wont be much difference in luck elixir usage now and then yes and after all its just buying kit and the player who used to use 200 luck elixirs will just sell then and those 200 will be used by 200 different players so what difference it makes the luck elixirs are just getting divided and only 200 luck elixirs are getting used and same number of magma blades of brutality looted. It will help plat users to turn plat into gold and those who are scared to use luck elixirs. Why would people buy a large number of luck elixir kits than before as its just a alternative to buy luck elixirs."

It's just an example, but you should get my point
    FYI:
    Before the introduction of luck elixir: magma blades of brutality is around 800 - 900k
    Afterwards: 200 - 300k

So my response to your logic: NO, the number of crates being opened WILL NOT be the same. It will increase exponentially, much higher than the example of luck elixirs.

Hmmm maybe u are correct but u missed a fact that one person cannot use 200 luck elixir on his/her own bt 1 can open 200 locks bt still on thinking i must say that yes there will be more lock open bt again its price will be high. So thinking overall i cn say there will be a lil drop in price bt nt a large negative effect. Actually we need to discuss more on this topic which we are doing.

And instead of saying fully no to the idea why not try to do a editing to it like unlocked crates wont drop gold packs and little reduced platinum packs just from unlocked and locked drop same as before I think something like this may work and why just say directly no as new feature will definitely bring in more fun