Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: May Legends Producer's Letter - Arcane Legends Events, Dancing Trees and More!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Finally new mythic, interesting eagers to watch....let's see

UISCABU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I like

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yessss events + Gifs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I think I found something most people overlooked
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled123.JPG 
Views:	571 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	90438

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Firstly, I believe that most rouges ( myself included) who use bows in pvp, rely very little on the proc of the bow. Personally I have only gotten the proc a few times and that was after I ran out of mana. Also, rouges would do max. 1500 damage with a charge attack with the bow. 10% of that is 150 health. Is that meagre amount of health realy worth the valuable time lost in charging the bow attack.

Secondly, there is not a significant increase in health between the lvl 41 legendary bow and the lvl 41 mythic one. The mythic bow doesn't give much crit bonus as well. Because of the health, crit and proc, personally I would find myself using the mythic daggers over the mythic bow ( if I could ever afford either of them). The only time I would find myself using the bow over the daggers is while facing tank/s in 1 on 1 ( or a clash with considerable number of tanks).

I really think rouges would benefit a lot more if the health restore part of the bow was scrapped entirely and we got some crit and/or strength bonus. Another thing I would love to see is the return of tarlok gems ( named differently of course).

Finally, a huge question that many have had on their minds, "Will the mythic weapons drop from crates and elite golden dragonscale chests or the equivalent of the imbued golden tarlok chests?" Would love to have this cleared up as soon as possible so I don't spend any more time and money farming and buying elite golden dragonscale chests.

I'm not going to even get into the insanely strong mythic gun and the seemingly weaker mythic sword-shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Is that meagre amount of health realy worth the valuable time lost in charging the bow attack.
    You charge your bow anyways for stun, it can give back a few hp now also.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    You charge your bow anyways for stun, it can give back a few hp now also.
    How often? Not very. Maybe 3-4 times per clash ( in a fairly long 1). I'm just saying I would rather get maybe 20 str bonus from bow itself or 4% crit than a pretty much useless effect like this.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Another point I forgot to raise is the difference in base stats between the lvl 36 mythic daggers and lvl 41 bow

Daggers - 170.9 dps, 53 DEX, 25 STR, 16 INT, 4.12% CRIT
    Bow - 150.4 dps, 54 DEX, 29 INT

We gain only 1 DEX and 13 INT and lose 25 str and 4.12% CRIT. Additionally health and crit are propably the most important factors for a rouges stats ( other than dps which I have no complaints with for the bow) and I find it hard to believe that the lvl 36 mythic would be better than the lvl 41 one in both these factors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think what we are seeing here is STS trying to solve endgame pvp balance issues with the new mythic weapons instead of making actual programming changes. We see an OP sorcerer gun, and underpowered warrior sword & shield, and a rogue bow that is probably no more powerful than their level 36 daggers. Keep in mind with the change of now allowing skill swapping, that benefits rogues most. Warriors were already quite OP in PvP. And sorcerers were way underpowered. So perhaps this will help balance things.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think what we are seeing here is STS trying to solve endgame pvp balance issues with the new mythic weapons instead of making actual programming changes. We see an OP sorcerer gun, and underpowered warrior sword & shield, and a rogue bow that is probably no more powerful than their level 36 daggers. Keep in mind with the change of now allowing skill swapping, that benefits rogues most. Warriors were already quite OP in PvP. And sorcerers were way underpowered. So perhaps this will help balance things.
    They didn't get rid of skill swapping. They removed skill swapping a skill in cool down.

Players can, and will, continue to skill swap by having proper timing. Give it a week and complaint threads will come flying that a warrior hacked the game because they skill swapped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All these weapons could be pourchased with platinum, like mythic pets??
    Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    They didn't get rid of skill swapping. They removed skill swapping a skill in cool down.

Players can, and will, continue to skill swap by having proper timing. Give it a week and complaint threads will come flying that a warrior hacked the game because they skill swapped.
    This is true I was hoping most people didn't notice this. But based on the description its still feasible to do some skill swapping. It will work best going from the shortest cool down to the longer cool down. So for example mage can swap ice to heal. Ice has a 3 second cool down, so if you start your swapping once the skill has like 1 second left. You can arrive by the time it allows you to swap your skill. Go back is a problem but may not be necessary. I'll have to see how the UI implements this to see how much I can take advantage of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

awesome... im waiting
    Last edited by ishr; 05-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is true I was hoping most people didn't notice this. But based on the description its still feasible to do some skill swapping. It will work best going from the shortest cool down to the longer cool down. So for example mage can swap ice to heal. Ice has a 3 second cool down, so if you start your swapping once the skill has like 1 second left. You can arrive by the time it allows you to swap your skill. Go back is a problem but may not be necessary. I'll have to see how the UI implements this to see how much I can take advantage of it.
    My current skill swap rotation has me swap with 0 secs left on the VB cool down. All this does is prevent me from casting VB right before casting HoR (and then, of course, swapping).

I can see how swapping skills during cool down is considered cheating. However, skill swapping alone isn't cheating. I'm sacrificing one skill for another. It has benefits (jugg self heal) and losses (less damage output).

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I will take into consideration changing the Mana return of the Mythic Gun into something a bit more relevant. I'm thinking a per attack boost of say 25 armor, up to a max of 125 that if you keep the gun attack in your rotation you can keep up. It will fall off relatively quickly, within 3 seconds say but could be very interesting. Something similar for Warriors as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, as for specific details of how to get such things we are only teasing the content at the moment. Official information will follow as we get closer to the event and details will be available in time to plan accordingly I'm sure.

Energizeric is correct in that with the new itemization system coming into play this is about making choices for play style, rather than a blatant Rock/Paper/Scissor mentality towards the weapons. The procs are very cool in action, and defensive in nature.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I'm going to try my luck and ask once again.

The arcane weapons are going to be upgraded to a higher level? Why we should have arcane weapons if we are keeping them for twinking..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I will take into consideration changing the Mana return of the Mythic Gun into something a bit more relevant. I'm thinking a per attack boost of say 25 armor, up to a max of 125 that if you keep the gun attack in your rotation you can keep up. It will fall off relatively quickly, within 3 seconds say but could be very interesting. Something similar for Warriors as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, as for specific details of how to get such things we are only teasing the content at the moment. Official information will follow as we get closer to the event and details will be available in time to plan accordingly I'm sure.

Energizeric is correct in that with the new itemization system coming into play this is about making choices for play style, rather than a blatant Rock/Paper/Scissor mentality towards the weapons. The procs are very cool in action, and defensive in nature.
    Sounds great better survivability will benefit mages a lot.

An armor buff will also make the bulwark more impressive in PvE. It will be especially helpful since most warriors spam basic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    That sounds MUCH better than the mana regen.

BTW, something similar to this INSTEAD of shadowflare on the Kershal would be much appreciated by all Kershal owners. The charged attack on the Kershal, even though it's now much faster, is still rather useless as it gives even less damage than a non-charged attack, and the procs are pretty worthless.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-29-2014 at 07:14 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

I realize that. This is perfectly fine, just as it is perfectly fine to swap pets.

But both of these things were being abused to avoid the cool down. If you swap skills to avoid cool down, then basically you are using more than 4 skills at the same time. And if you swap pets to avoid cool down, then you are basically using more than one pet at the same time. This is what needed to be fixed.

Once a skill is cooled down, then by all means feel free to swap it with another one. It no longer gives nearly the advantage that it did before. I'm sure it can still be useful in certain situations, but it will probably no longer be something most players will do during the heat of battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I realize that. This is perfectly fine, just as it is perfectly fine to swap pets.

But both of these things were being abused to avoid the cool down. If you swap skills to avoid cool down, then basically you are using more than 4 skills at the same time. And if you swap pets to avoid cool down, then you are basically using more than one pet at the same time. This is what needed to be fixed.

Once a skill is cooled down, then by all means feel free to swap it with another one.
    I was speaking more generally than specifically towards you. I remember several players advocating skill maps be entirely locked after you enter a map.

I am glad to see we agree on both this and the proc carapace suggested.