Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue w/Glacian or w/HJ vs War in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGhostu View Post
    Sorry, but did i just heard from u that glacian is higher price then hj 1m difference its mean glacian better? LOL..bad way of thinking of pets.
    So you completely ignored points 1 through 9 and read the summation point? Nice reading comprehension...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Theorising regarding the OP post from an Abaddon owning warrior....

If you as a rogue want to take me down in pvp, you have to attack that insane health and armour and not forgetting I'm being replenished by the formidable juggernaut and HoR. I personally would say attack the health like a crazed maniac, whilst making sure your mana does not run dry. In summary a pet that would deal major hurt to the health of the warrior seems ideal.

Remember crit is a chance thing, it may happen or it may not. But if you could buff yourself to have both variables damage/crit working alongside, I would say even experienced warriors would think twice taking you on.

I will say that the above is just a theory on my part, I could be way off the mark and if you have put my theory into action and got destroyed, I do apologise.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-30-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: 2 legit 2 crit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    Theorising regarding the OP post from an Abaddon owning warrior....

If you as a rogue want to take me down in pvp, you have to attack that insane health and armour and not forgetting I'm being replenished by the formidable juggernaut and HoR. I personally would say attack the health like a crazed maniac, whilst making sure your mana does not run dry. In summary a pet that would deal major hurt to the health of the warrior seems ideal.

Remember crit is a chance thing, it may happen or it may not. But if you could buff yourself to have both variables damage/crit working alongside, I would say even experienced warriors would think twice taking you on.

I will say that the above is just a theory on my part, I could be way off the mark and if you have put my theory into action and got destroyed, I do apologise.
    You cannot do both, sadly.

The best way to kill a warrior without a stun pet is to wait out juggernaut. After that, all he has left to rely on is his feeble skills and HoR, so once juggernaut is done...then attack like a crazed maniac.

Trust me, Hammerjaw is not as good as Glacian. I have them all, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1661055
    You cannot do both, sadly. Then you, my friend, have not met my wonderful L41 Jack. 450 base dmg, 3.4k hp (this may be a bit of a dilemma, but this is not the topic at hand) and potentially unlimited mana.

The best way to kill a warrior without a stun pet is to wait out juggernaut. After that, all he has left to rely on is his feeble skills and HoR, so once juggernaut is done...then attack like a crazed maniac.

Trust me, Hammerjaw is not as good as Glacian. I have them all, lol.
    Glacian gives a horrible mana boost, it is not fit for the endgame, it is only good for L31 and thats it realistically. 1.15k (or 1.2k, forgot) is the total mana pool when full DEX, so unless you spec in some INT you're done for against a good tank - you cant just stand there doing nothing until the Jugg wears off. Glacian's an average pet, but HJ outdoes it. It's like the singe vs Samael argument. If the AA on singe is transformed into a terrify and it is given just 5% crit, it will outvie samael easily no doubt.

By the way, if you want a horrible mana pool and a crit that good as well as the odd survivability why not equip a pet that costs 7.5m less? Ribbit. A little less damage and hp/armor, but if what you say about crit is correct, it should be well OP!

Also, this was an old discussion for a L21 twink rogue vs a tank (warrior).
    -Glacian is worth diddlysquat at twink levels - the highest avg crit it will raise to won't be higher than 25% on a rogue anyways.
    -10% armor at L21 is ~60 more armor, which is quite crap in all honesty.
    -Most twinks, would prefer dmg over a rainfall-in-a-desert chance of critical.
    -Crits at L21 don't go higher than 1.2k or so on a tank anyways.
    -Proof? Look around you, L21 twinks will rarely use glacian whereas many more will use HJ, most will however use Samael as it trumps both pets.

Of course the rest, except for the italicised text, is theoretical not practical, however the evaluations are supported by over 6 months playing against [and seeing] the pets [in action]. And since the subject is for a L21 twink, the endgame arguments are irrelevant.
    Last edited by Bless; 05-30-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    Glacian gives a horrible mana boost, it is not fit for the endgame, it is only good for L31 and thats it realistically. 1.15k (or 1.2k, forgot) is the total mana pool when full DEX, so unless you spec in some INT you're done for against a good tank - you cant just stand there doing nothing until the Jugg wears off. Glacian's an average pet, but HJ outdoes it. It's like the singe vs Samael argument. If the AA on singe is transformed into a terrify and it is given just 5% crit, it will outvie samael easily no doubt.

By the way, if you want a horrible mana pool and a crit that good as well as the odd survivability why not equip a pet that costs 7.5m less? Ribbit. A little less damage and hp/armor, but if what you say about crit is correct, it should be well OP!

Also, this was an old discussion for a L21 twink rogue vs a tank (warrior).
    -Glacian is worth diddlysquat at twink levels - the highest avg crit it will raise to won't be higher than 25% on a rogue anyways.
    -10% armor at L21 is ~60 more armor, which is quite crap in all honesty.
    -Most twinks, would prefer dmg over a rainfall-in-a-desert chance of critical.
    -Crits at L21 don't go higher than 1.2k or so on a tank anyways.
    -Proof? Look around you, L21 twinks will rarely use glacian whereas many more will use HJ, most will however use Samael as it trumps both pets.

Of course the rest, except for the italicised text, is theoretical not practical, however the evaluations are supported by over 6 months playing against [and seeing] the pets [in action]. And since the subject is for a L21 twink, the endgame arguments are irrelevant.
    Do you own them? Have you tested them? That's all just theoretical then. I actually use the pet on a day to day basis and I can tell you that it is way better than Hammerjaw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1661480
    Do you own them? Have you tested them? That's all just theoretical then. I actually use the pet on a day to day basis and I can tell you that it is way better than Hammerjaw.
    You haven't twinked though so how can you speak for twinks in the same way that I can't speak for Glacian owners? The theory matters just as much. Look at the L21 twinks, there will be less glacians than HJs.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    You haven't twinked though so how can you speak for twinks in the same way that I can't speak for Glacian owners? The theory matters just as much. Look at the L21 twinks, there will be less glacians than HJs.
    Sure, for L21 twinks I cannot speak on it. I said that earlier if you read my posts (post #14). So, I only offered what knowledge I do know about the two pets. And, at endgame, Glacian is far better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

They both amazing tbh. Back on its user themselves. But for me, ill pick Glacian anytime for 21-23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

In 21 mana and crit make the difference for a rogue. I recommend glacian.
    And you don't need an arcane pet.
    Mali and Talon are all you need. Better to get tarlok gear instead.

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum