Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

So spend how many million gold for a chance to get, at best, an egg worth under 500K? Just makes no sense. Would be more beneficial to go farm Rooks Hideout for ribbit. At least it's free so you will actually profit.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    The winners of this contest I really doubt they're gonna be on our Xmas card list.

I say make nightshade egg and the other prizes available for purchase to appease the community kinda. If the winners complain then tell them - YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BLOODY CHEATED THEN!!!!!! YA BLEEDIN' CHEATERS!!!!!

/sits down and takes his medication

That's enough from me, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I think I been more than vocal on numerous occasions

BTW I'm still holding onto my scythe just in case the torch and pitch-fork mob arises, imma join them!
    Lol @ you Grim Reaper attire.. and you have me standing next to you with a Deadric Warhammer(skyrim)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I won't lie, I was expecting at some point the leader board would be separated by class. Even if you don't want to hand out 3 shards, you can at least give some token of "hey look at this guy's accomplishment" to the top mage and top warrior. Many players are in full support of a class separated leader board for this very reason, equal opportunity.

It is the end of day 2 of a 6 day event. I still think that there is time for this small change that many players have been lobbying for.

The event, no matter what people say, is much better than the tarlok system from a nonplat buyer's position. I am able to run nonstop by spending gold. Other players buy kits with plat and thus I create a demand for a disposable platinum product. The result is that I can run without plat and STG still turns a profit. Genius. I fully support a kit type system for the next event.
    Lol, if they award for different classes I am out of here. They completely ignored the fact that most of the lb used exploits to help gain an advantage. I will say at least 80% of us are extremely upset with this "event", and catering to the whales wishes will be the last straw for me and probably many others. They created this entire event for your kind and yet you guys are wanting more. In the meantime, enjoy your plat (gold) extravaganza, they already gave you a portal in town.

Edit:

I just had a great idea that would help you warriors out!
    Take the bosses out completely and just have a 5 plat or 1 energy button that you can mash over and over. What do you think?

@Gree, oops STG.
    Can we please get rid of the portals spawning? It's kind of useless and annoying, don't you think?
    Last edited by NJaNear; 06-06-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We certainly thank you all for your feedback, we are listening!
    I wanted to make a suggestion that I believe is very important.
    Please, make the token vendor, Jerald of Arlor, available for a few days after the event ends. He can make a visit to Windmoore.
    Nothing would suck more that realizing on Tuesday evening that all my tokens are gone and I haven't bought a thing, because I was hoping to get the last 2 tokens needed for the next best thing.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

We still dont know if Ursoth Assault event use the same token as goblin invasion or it is different one.Many want to know bout it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

LOL at the update. Of all the things people have been suggesting regarding the energy system, what does sts do... they just think of a way in which people can spend their plats faster. Uh why not hand the plat user a portal that is open forever so they can keep burning their plats faster and dont hv to bother asking someone to keep it open for them. Come on guys we can understand that plat purchases is what earns you bread and butter but atleast show some discretion and not be so bold. There have already been 100's of suggestions regarding the energy system but you guys just want to turn a deaf ear to that and on top of it say that you are looking for suggestions regarding the energy system. Looks like this feedback thread is just for you guys to keep the disappointed players calm and give them false hope. For once show some concern for the 90% of your players and not think only of earning more money out of it. I have already made a list of suggestions before, this is just me getting even further disappointed with the event.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thorasaur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Many people are unhappy of goblin event as we know, I think little changes could make things a lot better.
    Now if I enter in a portal and got dc I loose 8h or 15k (price in auction of a kit) or 5 plat and that's really bad.

My advice is: make energy kit like other kits so they will give to the player who opens them a 30 min time in which they can found portals(and make portals rare as locked), they can't be found without an energy kit opened. This will avoid (or reduce) dc losts and make non plat spenders happier because they will be able to find more than 1 portal with 1 energy kit based on their luck.

Another thing that in my opinion doesn't work in this event is that the cost of energy kits is 15k and ironbite (the less expensive desirable thing) in auction costs already 100k and every minute it's price falls, now many player are discouraged to buy kits because it's easier to spend 100k and be sure to have the pet than to try with kits because 6-7 kits (90-105k) won't give them the 65 tokens needed for ironbite, so in next event lower the tokens needed for the less desirable item or make boss drop more tokens or put an npc that sells kits for 10-11k to prevent it's price in auction be too high in comparison to the less charming item.

I really think that with those 2 changes many more player both low plat spenders and non plat spenders will join the event and have more fun.
    Sts remember that it's probably better for you too if many many players buy a few kits than if a few players buy many many kits, the first case will happen only if people got a target they can join. People buy many luck elisir because they know the risk is right for the possible reward, they can hunt lockeds and find 3-6 or try elite burning some kits into junk and others finding very rare legendary items. If the risk to loose money(real and not) is very high and to gain money very low they won't play anymore, you'll lose clients and players will loose fun and time spent. Arcane Legends has got a big potential bring it out and will be better for everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

SUGGESTION

Make sidequests that will reward players energy kits..

Example,
    Talk to an npc and do quest for a surprise item.
    And the random kit is inside surprise item which is 1 energy kit, 2 energy kits, 3 energy kits.
    And the reward kits is not tradable.

And try to put some coins in the surprise item..

This will be daily quest for the event.

I hope this idea helps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

if they really wanted to make it fun for non plat users, they woulda just increased the rate of energy drop from random boss from nearly nonexistance to farmable, that way plat users still use portal in town and rest farm to get some energy but i dont think they care bcos all the negetive feedback and they just made portal in town as plat users were getting tired running to portal
    Valheeru / Valaltor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Hummm I spend some plat, I work and have enough money to waste on here to help support STS. I didn't mind the event too much a few things bugged me tho.

1, The leader board getting a shard and pets - This should be the same as the other LBs and have a non game changing prize. As has been mentioned before this is just giving the rich more riches.

2, You let an exploited mechanic from the tarlok event back into this one but make it an important part of a competition... Then wonder why people are pissed at you.

3, The energy system stops the camaraderie that was present in the Tarlok event.

4, Instead of making a gold sink that could have helped you make yet another plat sink. - I think I would have been happy if the energy kits were a gold purchase. Then the leaderboard would suck some of the gold out the game.

It seems you had a perfectly unfair system that was the mega plat spenders got to unlock all the locked chests and got all the good stuff first. We were used to that system and quite frankly it would make me sick to think I had wasted that amount of money on a game even if I won all the time. This is just stoping fun unless you pay and the validation that you can use gold is moot as someone had to spend plat so don't act righteous, plat spenders still pool the gold. To me you are starting to look greedy I understand STS has investors that drive them for a return, I don't believe any dev actually wants to create a P2W game. I would suggest that people that are unhappy with this system voice there complaints on the respective app stores, this will impact the number of people that pick up the game and hopefully drive behaviour in STS management.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thorasaur View Post
    LOL at the update. Of all the things people have been suggesting regarding the energy system, what does sts do... they just think of a way in which people can spend their plats faster.
    Truth is, as a free player, I like this update. It allows me to farm with 13-15 toons instead of 6-8
    Sure it took quite a few months to build all these toons, but that's what free players do, right? Spend time.
    I will be very disappointed if I can't get Gyrm for the 3 main toons, and Ironbite for all of them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    create a P2W game.
    More like pay-to-play lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I won't lie, I was expecting at some point the leader board would be separated by class. Even if you don't want to hand out 3 shards, you can at least give some token of "hey look at this guy's accomplishment" to the top mage and top warrior. Many players are in full support of a class separated leader board for this very reason, equal opportunity.

It is the end of day 2 of a 6 day event. I still think that there is time for this small change that many players have been lobbying for.

The event, no matter what people say, is much better than the tarlok system from a nonplat buyer's position. I am able to run nonstop by spending gold. Other players buy kits with plat and thus I create a demand for a disposable platinum product. The result is that I can run without plat and STG still turns a profit. Genius. I fully support a kit type system for the next event.
    Unfortunately, I do not support separate class lb at this point. Early on, I would have been totally for it. Many warriors (and many people possibly but that's beside the point) have already given up. I started on the first day and then I said to myself, forget this. So if they changed it now, many warriors such as myself would have a huge disadvantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually i don't mind if people use plat to get to bosses easily but when this is in lb,and there is one awesome prize (nightshade) you should think of the players who want to give their heart and soul into the event
    But who am i kidding as long as there is plat almost everything is impossible,and when i heard there was arcane shard i felt like crying,rich guys who get arcane shard get richer and along with an egg which is so ultra rare they can live their life peacefully for all eternity,on a feedback thread like this i know sts wont see me,all the plat users are shining brightly for their satisfaction
    My thoughts:
    -so many rewards(is sts tempting us to buy plats and spend them and idk why they lie to us saying its non pay-to-win scenario )
    -so much time for energy respawn (is sts trolling us to fight boss,find locks and buy crappy kits for just 1-2 tokens,rares and epics?there is no energy drops believe me)
    -after the LONG wait,u join and find out that u lost 3 energy on little horn(is sts trying to put out the very last flame of will in non-plat users to just rage quit?)
    -even if you do find payne, gyrm becomes 20-30k(EVENT IS OVER,BELIEVE IT)
    -then cry about the time you spent when you could have done something useful
    -then cry again when arcane legends becomes the best mmo game again because you were foolish enough to play it
    Last edited by max dragon king; 06-06-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It is often said, those who are unhappy speaks out louder than those who are content. I have to say I enjoyed this event so far. Perfect way to kill time for casual player like me and still feel some accomplishment. So no one wanna party a tank except other tanks. Yeah, I rocked it solo. The boss difficulty is nicely scaled for low level players too.
    And that green stone!!!!! that's my favourite stone period. Could I keep that for my next visit to Arachna? I will be needing a blue stone next.

My only gripes, what are all those tokens for? when the prizes waiting for you are some weak egg, some poison weapons, and a no damage amulet for warrior. And all at level 41 only?

And I have some issues initially, being logged out of the goblin map before I finish the map, thus wasting my energy bar, and essentially 5 plats for nothing. Could you do something about it? It happens 3x to me before the patch, so I'm not too sure if that's being unstable and already being fixed in the patch or I'm just unlucky then. But I received a few energy tokens later so that made up for it.

I would suggest having a grace period that allow player to enter the map again without depleting energy bar if the boss has not been killed, but I do see an exploit here, people will log out at the boss just to relog for a chance at finding better boss, ie. major Payne.

So, unless you have a system to detect those who was disconnected from server from those who self logged out, maybe the better solution is to increase more servers globally. I travelled a lot and despite fast and good internet connection, I still found myself being forced disconnected. Pretty sure it's server side, other device running still maintains the connection.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphruss View Post
    I don't like this kind of event. Need to spend plat or gold just to enter the portal, I'd rather buy elixir kits and farm elite maps or km3 for locked crates. What do i get from spending 15-17k of Event energy kit? We got low chance of earning it again from this event. And what's with the level 2 rings? Ya, I think it's a joke. Told myself this is a waste of time and gold if i continue. I'll just consider this as daily quest.

Dislikes:
    -Spending plats/gold to enter portal
    - Less assurance of good loot
    - We spend more gold+plat+time and get less worth item
    - Low level ring / useless prize
    - Vanity discoloration
    - Long time to replenish energy
    - 10 platinum Anti-poison stone advertisement! I purchased it accidentally!
    - Same looks/visual/color of 4 bosses? (Havent seen other 2 yet, but they should have unique looks from each other to easily distinguish)

- token assurance for every boss
    - well balanced boss/mob difficulty
    - New particle effects
    - new pets
    - good pet stat & arcane ability
    Just read this. Great summary by Zyphruss. There is definitely room for improvement for future event map.
    I agree that the best bit of the new system is token assurance and straight trade your tokens for items, instead of praying $hit hard for miracles while opening chests.
    This must be why I enjoyed the event so much I guess, no more relying on my ****ty luck. Back to the if I completed x, I know I will get x. FYI, I would much rather kill tindirin boss 1000 times that get guaranteed teeth drop every kill, rather than a chance of teeth drop for god knows I have to kill how many times. Because last time I checked in elite, or normal regardless, everyone gets one except me.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NJaNear View Post
    I will say at least 80% of us are extremely upset with this "event", and catering to the whales wishes will be the last straw for me and probably many others.
    The problem with catering to the top 1% of spenders, is that when the other 99% vote with their feet, those 1% will have nobody left to show off to.. Who spends that much money on a game other than to try and impress people with their supposed awesomeness? If there's nobody, or very few people left to try and impress, then that source of income will dry up very fast. Nobody's going to spend a fortune to be the richest player in a dead game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The problem with catering to the top 1% of spenders, is that when the other 99% vote with their feet, those 1% will have nobody left to show off to.. Who spends that much money on a game other than to try and impress people with their supposed awesomeness? If there's nobody, or very few people left to try and impress, then that source of income will dry up very fast. Nobody's going to spend a fortune to be the richest player in a dead game.
    This right here is so true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Platinum Legends

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    Platinum Legends
    Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Just a question...
    It is really hard to figure out how the tiers affect boss spawns, but somehow it seems it is based on the lowest ranked member of the party, rather than highest or the first.
    If that is true, this inevitably results in a lower-than-expected income for everyone.
    I sincerely hope this has been taken into account when setting up the reward prices, as so far, it seems I will hardly make it to the golden tier by the end of the event, not to mention getting enough tokens to buy anything but the vanity.