Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, yea me again. Cuz I just got on, saw I had one energy capsule, used the portal in Refugee Camp (why bother going to map, huh?) and then your brand new client got disconnected as I entered the portal. So when I returned the portal tries to extort 5 plat from me. Hahah... So yea, another 8 hour down time. Might as well log off. Cuz playing on maps, farming teeth, lockeds, whatever, gets annoying with portal popping every second and random people on map poofing away into them. My guild is quiet too cuz too many people got pissed with the energy system that makes it impossible for us to help each other or hunt together. So I'm here again pestering you guys to please fix this unholy mess and make the game fun again.
    Last edited by calicobridge; 06-06-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OK to be fair, there are aspects of this event that I like. I love the weapon and talisman and pet, and really want to collect them all on all my chars. But almost two days into the event I had barely scraped 20 tokens. How am I supposed to collect enough to buy these stuffs for myself, let alone buying extras for investment like I did with prance egg and tarlok gears? The way the event is set up I'm at the mercy of rich players who can afford to farm tokens to buy event stuffs. They will get to control the market of these items for us plebeians who probably will only end up with enough tokens to buy...well, nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I have guildies who hoarded over 500 just for opening for this event at a chance for mythics. This is crazyyyy.
    500 crates? I'm hoarding locks since september. I have 2000 locks crates and now i have to find out is going to be another lock crate? Ok fine. Then if gives double odds for a mythic weapon lets upgrade 2 current Lock Crate in one Exceptional Crate. Everybody will be happy with it.
    Too many people farmed hours and hours km3 to get these crates so they could sell with a higher price on this Ursoth event. It's just unfair if you dont make the current crates upgraded to exceptional.... You are going to piss off more people in my opinion. And i can assure you I'm going to be one of them. So let's make this fair before we are going to have another plat event.

I dont care about current energy - leaderboard - system - goblins or whatever. My priority is mythic weapons. Same for the rest of the people, i believe.

Give this one chance for the people who are free players. I spent some plat and maybe i will continue but i dont want other friends of mine to quit AL.

Thank you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicobridge View Post
    Hi, yea me again. Cuz I just got on, saw I had one energy capsule, used the portal in Refugee Camp (why bother going to map, huh?) and then your brand new client got disconnected as I entered the portal. So when I returned the portal tries to extort 5 plat from me. Hahah... So yea, another 8 hour down time. Might as well log off. Cuz playing on maps, farming teeth, lockeds, whatever, gets annoying with portal popping every second and random people on map poofing away into them. My guild is quiet too cuz too many people got pissed with the energy system that makes it impossible for us to help each other or hunt together. So I'm here again pestering you guys to please fix this unholy mess and make the game fun again.
    This would be good:

Remove the portals from the normal dungeons, there is a fixed portal now in refugee camp already, so people dont leave mid-map.
    Drop energy balls instead, but with the same rate as portals now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Sounds like some positive changes taking place. My main concern with this event is whether non plat players can get all the token rewards. It seem like you may afford one of the lesser rewards like ironbite for free but are pushing it to get the weapon and the amulet looks like a dream. STS, you need to make it so all players can get ALL the rewards for free. Keep a great item reward for the lb players to keep them spending plat but make it so even the free players can get the token rewards. If you don't make this change you are going to lose players. I am 100% sure about this.

This change will not reduce the amount of plat being spent. Your lb players are going to spend the same amount. Now with this event you may get a few more plat because moderate plat spenders really want the rewards. However if the next event is the same way you will start to lose these moderate plat spenders. Ultimately you receive less plat because the player base shrinks. I know that I won't stick around if the event system isn't changed to allow me to get the rewards without spending plat. The choice is either make this game totally p2w or keep the f2p element alive. Don't become EA.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Chance for free portals please?
    IGN: Surhpyz = Ijy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

stupid event lame leader board event in short for the rich event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It would be cool if u had to pay energy only in city portal and mob drop portal would stay open for like 90 sec like in tarlok event

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristianch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No need energy... Need event like tarlok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Have I mentioned lately that our community is the best? Since the launch of the Goblin Event yesterday afternoon, we've received pages and pages of feedback from you all as you play through and explore what the new event system has to offer. Some of it's good, some of it's bad, but all around this small-scale event has done exactly what we hoped it would: test out this new system and expose things that we need to change, fix, or tweak before the big Ursoth's Assault Event that is coming in the near future.

The design and development team met this morning to discuss some of your most pressing concerns. Here are the changes that you can expect to see in this event, and more importantly, in the next event: Ursoth's Assault.
    Okay. At least you're listening to us.

Portal to Dungeon Added to Littleridge Refugee Camp

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. No need to hold them open anymore.
    I'm sure the people spending plat appreciate this, as it leaves less chance for the top players to pull way ahead of everyone else.

The real solution would have been to go back and use the amended Tarlok layout (the system implemented after the disastrous portal holding glitch).

Tier Rewards to be Improved in Ursoth's Assault

The goblin event is in full swing, so we will not be changing the rewards this time around. But, during Ursoth's Assault we will be giving much greater and more desirable rewards for reaching each tier. Also, there will be more variety and depth to what is available on the Token Vendor. The main suite of rewards should be available via tier rewards and tokens, rather than reserving the most exclusive prizes for the top players on the Leaderboard.
    Appreciated, but it doesn't really solve the LB issue. Maybe think about giving the top 250 players a reward, and eliminate the first, second, third bull. Will encourage more people to spend.

More Interesting Bosses, Not so Hard!

The bosses in the Goblin Event are pretty tough, and arguably could be a bit more fun. We will be striving to make the Ursoth's Assault bosses more interesting, with more strategic elements. The aim is for a fun challenge instead of just a grind.
    Unless it's a legit Elite boss, pretty much anything you put out is not going to be a challenge for capped players.

A Note on the Energy System & Other Feedback

One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

We continue to collect your feedback and suggestions and will refine, refine, refine in preparation for Ursoth's Assault. Thank you everyone for being a part of this event and helping us to make it bigger and better.
    And here is the real issue. NO ONE WANTS ENERGY.

Yes, energy is an effective way to make obscene amounts of money from the top 2% of players. The downside, moderate/light/non plat users aren't going to waste plat for that sh1t, and you're going to lose potential cash overall. You'll also alienate 98% of your gamers as you descend into p2p shenanigans.

TL;DR - THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER WAYS TO MAKE MONEY.

Here are just a few:

• A dice roll on locked crate. 1% chance at quality reroll for 25 plat. 2% chance at quality reroll for 50 plat (you just know the heavy crate openers are going to buy this)
    • Guild hall enhancements and items (a guild note system, a guild stash, enhanced potions and elixirs, design your own guild vanities (like the WoW tabards), guild v guild pvp room, etc etc; all could be unlockable for 100 plat each).
    • Bonus bosses (a summoner appears after an event boss kill. He charges 5 plat to perform a ritual that has a 10% chance to summon an uber-rare event boss that drops uber-rare loot and vanities.

I can't recall a game that was heavily reliant on energy ever having won any of the 'best android mmo' contests. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Jenvy; 06-06-2014 at 12:50 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    500 crates? I'm hoarding locks since september. I have 2000 locks crates and now i have to find out is going to be another lock crate? Ok fine. Then if gives double odds for a mythic weapon lets upgrade 2 current Lock Crate in one Exceptional Crate. Everybody will be happy with it.
    Too many people farmed hours and hours km3 to get these crates so they could sell with a higher price on this Ursoth event. It's just unfair if you dont make the current crates upgraded to exceptional.... You are going to piss off more people in my opinion. And i can assure you I'm going to be one of them. So let's make this fair before we are going to have another plat event.

I dont care about current energy - leaderboard - system - goblins or whatever. My priority is mythic weapons. Same for the rest of the people, i believe.

Give this one chance for the people who are free players. I spent some plat and maybe i will continue but i dont want other friends of mine to quit AL.

Thank you.
    Agree bro..

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

GAME: ARCANE LEGENDS
    IGN: Sazib||Ieed LVL: 41
    GUILD: MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i need to know about the current token, is it same token with upcoming event ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Just remove all the energy and tiers and let the drops from bosses be the rewards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I actually like the tier system as it gives us something to look forward to. Energy is eh...it had potential they just need to figure out how to incorporate the non plat users more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This event till tuesday. Goblin glaive so far away.ahhhhh

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

It's not even the whole leaderboard thing that is the frustrating part (even though it is...), it's that if you don't have money or gold, you can do three runs every day. Each run is 5 minutes. That's 15 minutes of playtime each day - nothing. I don't really care about the token purchasables, because if I want the wild talisman, I'm better off merching for it than playing for 15 minutes each day for tokens. My main frustration with this event is just the limited play-time.

If the portals found off of mobs were free to enter, I'd be all over this. I just don't have the funds (in-game or real) to enjoy this event in its current state. Knowing there is a potentially fun event going on, being limited to 3 runs a day is just frustrating in its nature.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 06-06-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristianch View Post
    It would be cool if u had to pay energy only in city portal and mob drop portal would stay open for like 90 sec like in tarlok event
    My thoughts exactly...
    Altfs / Pratorian / Endeavorian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicobridge View Post
    I don't see why we have to wait for Ursoth Assault to see and experience improvement in the goblin event. The main complaint in the feedback thread is how the energy system makes it impossible for non-plat spenders and rich players to enjoy and profit from the event. The update doesn't address that at all. Furthermore, placing a portal in the refugee camp only further encourages lazy people who don't even want to kill a few mobs to open portal.
    +1 agree

"Earth provides enough to satisfy a man's need, but not every mans greed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

At least, please cut the energy regen time to 2-3hours. oh well 6+ hours for 1 energy is totally annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

i haven't read through everything but can you guys not let portals spawn just Randomly when we are fighting groups/bosses?

i was runny shuyal today (the map with a boss called "overgrowth") a portal to goblin event appears, accidentally click on it while pressing attack, i click the X and im dead (from enemies/boss)

is it ok if we get prompted to go to goblin event only if we tap the animated portal, and not that pointing hand button that prompts to go to portal?

thanks