Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hope that everyone can play freely without energy,i am really looking forward to this

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

To reiterate, we haven't released details about other changes, including energy, leaderboards and tier rewards.

Thanks for your patience.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello all,
    I read all this and thought of nothing all so confusing, some r justifying one point and some another.
    Well as a non plate player I know one thing I m getting a chance to sell my locks around 50k each(new) which right now worth 8*3=24k and I m also getting chance to try my lucky by getting eldoring chest for mythic...well about energy..we all r anticipating...y not we just wait and see sts stand.....y we r in such a rush.....they r giving us all happy times in last few years ...so keep ur belive in them and be positive...
    THANK YOU STS

Now just launch it soon

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nehul Tyagi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

opening any number of crates should not increase odds of finding mythics if odds are fixed.
    a coin flip is 50/50 no matter how many times you flip it. stat nerds feel free to eviscerate me on this.

as a casual player, i would like a new mythic weapon, but i will not open locks to find it.
    if crates skyrocket (hopefully) and new mythics are cheap (hopefully), then good for me.
    the economy will recover eventually if it takes a hit at all.
    while it recovers, i will be enjoying my new gear, considering it will be quite awhile before any new stuff comes out.

serious endgamers and leaderboarders (ultra rich) should care less than anyone.
    bad economies have less impact on the super rich b/c they are more insulated from the effects.
    not that it doesn't hurt, but if i have millions vs hundreds, high prices affect me less, just like irl.
    the ones who are capped out on gold will suffer the most, and i don't like that at all.
    as prices increasingly approach the gold cap (inflation), even the rich will suffer for it.
    i hope that is pretty far away, otherwise there is no incentive to achieve that kind of wealth.

maybe i am way off on all this, but for the long run, i think STS has taken many things into consideration.
    as i have said before, what incentive is there to destroy their own game?

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

already dead in excitement..phoooohh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bro remiem, when will the event start?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

If locked crates can be crafted, I fee that elite golden (dragonscale) chests should also be able to be crafted into elondrian spirit chests as they too have been known to drop mythic weapons in the past mythic events.

Also has the energy problem been fixed in any way? I would like to see energy either completely removed or farmable easily ( maybe as rare as essences )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

We have two choices here.

1) Say thank you for the information and go back to enjoying the game in our own personal way.

2) Run in circles scream and shout.

Both results will have the same effect to the upcoming event.

My thanks to all at sts for the current press release. I look forward to the next press release!
    Last edited by Sfubi; 06-14-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    I was not aware there would be a plat cost to craft 3 locked into one new double odds locked. If 8 plat to craft is accurate, wouldnt the savings be 22 plat? 3 locked x 15 plat = 45 plat, 45 plat - 23 plat = 22 plat savings.
    There's either a plat cost or 4 hour wait time to craft 3 locked into one new Elondrian Locked Crate of the Grand Watch. Remiem is saying since it's double odds, it's like you're opening two crates in one. Statistically, it is the same if you take out the gold cost required for an Elondrian Locked Crate of the Grand Watch. So, essentially, if the normal odds were 1/200..now they would be 1/100.

If they made it triple odds, then yes, you could view it as 22 plat savings providing that the craft time or craft buy off timer remained the same.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Something that everyone seems to be forgetting i that mythic weapons will NOT drop from normal crates. So no matter how many you open, you won't loot a mythic weapon.
    So the calculations now become - 3 locked with NO chance of mythic weapons becomes locked with double chance of looting mythic weapon than one would have of looting a mythic item from a normal locked.

Everyone re-calculate the prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

now Sam said that elondrian essences (for crafting LOCK2) may drop all over arlor ,
    one can get rich by farming km3 all day.

km3 drops alot essences and also locks per 2/3 runs. and one will craft 5 elondrian locks ( will require15 locks total) and farm km3 simultaneously.

so one can get 5+ locks in 1-1.5hrs.
    so in 4hrs one will get 15+ locks
    and also after 4hrs elondrian locks will be finished.
    and then again the process of crafting locks and farming begins.
    Last edited by utpal; 06-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are we clear when this event will launch?
    Is it soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

so the hardcore km3 farmers will produce 5elondrian locks after every 4hrs.
    so it will cost 30k minimum.
    the price will rise if luck kits rises

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Awesome

—AshDex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Well this crates system is certainly similar to the one they used during Tarlock - you can loot a lower level chest from one of the four available bosses and so long as you have the recipe you can craft a crate of high value up to the double odds locked of Elondria, which will naturally be the most sought after crate for the poppers and the most profitable for the farmers.

The bone they threw the free players is the Spirit Chest which will have current locked odds for getting a mythic weapon for free, which is cool - those will be far and few between, but at least there is a chance and with some luck you get one. I can live with that.

The major issue will be how the energy system will be tweaked - will we be able to farm energy from world bosses this time? If so, this is a clear and mindful step in the right direction for the free players who were left in the cold and forced to pay for energy for entries or wait it out for 8 hours during the goblin event.

The other will be the leaderboard. Will everyone get a fair chance to get on it without having to go broke IRL and IG? or will this leaderboard be another pay to win extravaganza for plat and gold ballers?
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    To reiterate, we haven't released details about other changes, including energy, leaderboards and tier rewards.

Thanks for your patience.
    Maybe the next update can be about energy.. I think that is the major thing that has us all raising our pitchforks in the air. For me personally it's my biggest concern with the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems nice for now c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    There is a big difference, i cannot invite my friends if i found portal. I remember i became such popular when i wrote "Dragon" on guild chat during tarlok. And people invited me back, i invited the ones who invited me before, it was a never ending fun.
    Portals now basically useless and should have removed to a fixed location.
    Yes, good point. During Tarlok, if you were in a busy guild, you could just sit there and do nothing and once every 5 or 10 minutes you could get yourself invited to a portal and get a free ride along. Now you must actually work and farm for the energy balls. I suppose that is a big difference. I guess we disagree on whether it's a good difference or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geraus View Post
    This will not only cost 15 plats per opening but a lot more. To hoard a lot of this new crate you need to use platinum for crafting timer, making this new crate super expensive, not only it will consume 3 crate but it will also consume another 15 plats for crafting timer.
    I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Imagine it also took 10 elondrian essences to craft 3 locked into one elondrian locked lol. This will be interesting, but if it takes an average player a week+ to reach gold tier, this event will fail. I'm glad I sold all my locked, but I'll start farming some more. Good luck to those players with over a thousand crates hoping to offload them at this event! Price is already crashing. I highly doubt elondrian crates will be worth that much.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!