Thread: Can PL be played from SD card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Can PL be played from SD card?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to run PL from the SD card. My phone is getting low on space and I have quite a few apps that I use for business and deleting them is not an option nor is deleting PL now that I'm hooked, lol. If not though, imo the Devs should look into doing this especially since this game seems to be growing from what I can see. I personally would like to see a few subtle changes such as adding different music clips for each towne and dungeons but that will take more space to do so. Anyway, I'm having a blast playing PL and keep up the good work!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kind of device are you playing on bro? :'D

I know of SEVERAL droid applications that allow you to move applications from your phone to your SD card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm using a rooted Motorola Droid. Which app would be best to use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Yes, it can. I just use the default that comes with the droid...(im using a nexus one dev phone and HTC desire also works..)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Immameless.

Androzip File Manager allows you to install to your SD card (it's free on the market). (Works just as an application to SD card app.)

Plus, it's a great application to have on your phone :'D

Another thing I just thought of, maybe google (on your phone) "Pocket Legends.apk", it should install directly to your SD card. I could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you! I've downloaded and installed the app you mentioned but I have yet to figure it out. I'd like to be able to xfer my apps from the phone memory to the SD card if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    Immameless.

Androzip File Manager allows you to install to your SD card (it's free on the market). (Works just as an application to SD card app.)

Plus, it's a great application to have on your phone :'D

Another thing I just thought of, maybe google (on your phone) "Pocket Legends.apk", it should install directly to your SD card. I could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If your rooted download app to sd mover... Or something like that lol.. It's root only

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Androzip does almost exactly the same thing.

As Phaded said, there are several applications for rooted devices (If you're not rooted try finding Z4 Root or something) that will move any isntalled application to your SD card.

If you're looking to install it from the market directly to your SD card, I'm not sure if that's really possible, I think you HAVE to install it on your phone, then move it to your SD.

I don't see how you can't manage the 20MB of space, lol.

Do you mind if I ask what the top 5 largest applications and the size on your phone? There is usually a smaller alternative, or a bundled application.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-13-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok I finally figured it out. After doing some research I discovered that you can xfer apps to SD card using the 2.2 Android OS. No need to download another app to do it. I was still on version 2.1 lol. Updated and now all is good. Thx to all who responded. See ya ingame.