Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ursoth's Revised Energy System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Ursoth's Revised Energy System

So, I think 95% of us basically agree that the goblin event energy system was fatally flawed in one form or another.

When STS told us they'd listen to our feedback and fix what needed fixing, I trusted that they themselves had recognized the flaws and would do their utmost to fix them.

And now we have a 'new' system.

This new system includes a crafting element to 'ease the burden' for non-plat spenders, as well as the ability to gain energy through event chests/crates.

But apart from that, it is exactly the same. It still only gives 1 energy per 8 hours, only the event bosses drop occasional energy (not arlor bosses), plat cost is still 5 per 1 energy, and there is still a portal allowing unrestricted entry should you have the energy. Also, there is now an even more alluring reward for the richest amongst us: an exclusive arcane pet for the top 10 LB scores in each class.

What with the all the other items that need to be crafted during the event, I can't help but think that this is the same flawed package tied with a pretty bow instead of dirty straw twine.

This is a huge letdown for me. I mean... was it wrong to expect big changes after being reassured they would come?

Thoughts about the new system?

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

How does crafting energy ease any burden? It just means you have a bigger backlog of items waiting to craft at all times. It also appears that you can't give the crafted energy to your alts, since it is "for that character only".
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Doesn't matter if it's a new system or not, I hate the energy system itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtofWar View Post
    This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I was going to buy two 1700 plat bundles if this event was what I had hoped it would be so Icould pop locked crates. I won't be doing that now. Oh well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtofWar View Post
    Yeah, the energy system has been a let down for the starter goblin event. 3 energy every day is no where near enough if you want all the tiers.

If they are still going on with the current energy system, how about adding an elixir for plat and gold that gives unlimited access to the new maps? It possibly adding 5 energy instead of 3 being active at a time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

In still curious about the match making in pugs. Well gold tiers still be matched with lower tiers?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Oh, yes! Also, I accidentally wasted energy during the goblin event because I opened a few energy balls when my meter was full. Grrrr. then I dc'd like 5 times during boss fight. So annoying. The whole thing is just frustrating. At least in Tarlok, if you DC'd you could reenter the dungeon as long as you hadn't picked up the loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Oh, yes! Also, I accidentally wasted energy during the goblin event because I opened a few energy balls when my meter was full. Grrrr. then I dc'd like 5 times during boss fight. So annoying. The whole thing is just frustrating. At least in Tarlok, if you DC'd you could reenter the dungeon as long as you hadn't picked up the loot.
    Agree about wasted energy if we accidentaly open energy elixirs without realize the energy bar..
    Tarlok is still the best event because all lvl and all player enjoy it, no need energy too X_X

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Like last event, I will just play w/o buying any energy and hope I actually reach gold tier this time around.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i agre tarlok event wast the best one for not plat players this goblin event make me more poor then i was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    So, I think 95% of us basically agree that the goblin event energy system was fatally flawed in one form or another.

When STS told us they'd listen to our feedback and fix what needed fixing, I trusted that they themselves had recognized the flaws and would do their utmost to fix them.

And now we have a 'new' system.

This new system includes a crafting element to 'ease the burden' for non-plat spenders, as well as the ability to gain energy through event chests/crates.

But apart from that, it is exactly the same. It still only gives 1 energy per 8 hours, only the event bosses drop occasional energy (not arlor bosses), plat cost is still 5 per 1 energy, and there is still a portal allowing unrestricted entry should you have the energy. Also, there is now an even more alluring reward for the richest amongst us: an exclusive arcane pet for the top 10 LB scores in each class.

What with the all the other items that need to be crafted during the event, I can't help but think that this is the same flawed package tied with a pretty bow instead of dirty straw twine.

This is a huge letdown for me. I mean... was it wrong to expect big changes after being reassured they would come?

Thoughts about the new system?
    Wait back up, you're telling me that ONLY the top 10 people get Shady and Surge? Wow STG, I have so much percentage of getting Shady and Surge considering the facts that I'm not a plat spender, I have a life, and that I'm not a maxed gear unlike Trueorigin and Parth.

Why does it always have to be like this? Is this a sign that this will repeat? First Nightshade now Shady and Surge? You guys need the money then put it through crates because rewarding it to the top 10 people is completely outrageously unfair for non plat spenders. Think about what you're doing. At least make it a super rare loot from exclusive chests dropping throughout elite tindirin and the event bosses. Anyways, my rant is over, please think carefully.

Edit: I just read the official post. The crafting idea is so bad, it loads more burden than lights. The tier rewards are ehh but the silver tier reward blows, I thought we would get like idk a legendary armor (that's actually usable in pvp and pve).
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 06-20-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

To get rid of the energy system would require another game client and another 6 months for them to get it done.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Will not be the best, but will be better than goblin. One thing that can improve events that takes energies to enter portals : What about 1 plat for 1energy? 3k for one kit is awesome. And many would like it.!!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

yep but if u dont want to spend plat u need to expend alot of gold for buy energy kits that make me poor and the reward was iron bite egg or gobling glaive i try to sell them and i dont make any close the gold i was spend to buy kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azcox View Post
    yep but if u dont want to spend plat u need to expend alot of gold for buy energy kits that make me poor and the reward was iron bite egg or gobling glaive i try to sell them and i dont make any close the gold i was spend to buy kits
    If they make the kits cheaper, then more people will buy them, more people will enter the portal, more ironbite eggs and goblin glaives would have been for sale, and the prices of those items would have been proportionally lower, so in the end you would be in the same boat. In order to profit from the event, you had to do enough runs to loot some Gyrm eggs -- that was where the money was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    Agree about wasted energy if we accidentaly open energy elixirs without realize the energy bar..
    Tarlok is still the best event because all lvl and all player enjoy it, no need energy too X_X
    Tarlok was Lvl 10+, just like all the other events. There must be some reason that this event is level 35+ or else they wouldn't have put this restriction. It's not like a bunch of twinks got on the leaderboard for the goblin event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

well i make to many runs and never get gyrm egg i kill just one time the last boss hard to find for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It needs to be in both crates and the event leaderboard, honestly. The entire reason why people spend platinum is to replace the time factor. So, this really just favors the gold rich with a lot of time on their hands.

I think in this case, STG is losing sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, the energy system could make a lot of money but as it is set up right now, it is disappointing to many players - both free players and platinum spenders.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It needs to be in both crates and the event leaderboard, honestly. The entire reason why people spend platinum is to replace the time factor. So, this really just favors the gold rich with a lot of time on their hands.

I think in this case, STG is losing sight of the forest for the trees. Yes, the energy system could make a lot of money but as it is set up right now, it is disappointing to many players - both free players and platinum spenders.
    As of right now, all I care is that Shady and Surge must be lootable alternatively than the way it is now.
    AL-Freelancer

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post: