Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP & PvE Skill Sets on One Character

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If they do use this idea, I think the change should be automatic based on when you enter a PvP or PvE area. Not something you can change whenever you want. The reason is that it will be abused. For example, some players may make 2 different PvP builds and then switch between them on the fly depending on the battle. And then it's not being used for what it's original purpose was.

If they make a PvP and PvE skill build, then let it be permanent for each type of area until you do a respec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Maybe an old thread but I'm going to say again what I said in some similar threads in the past...

I never even tried PvP once, because my super PvE build would get obliterated in PvP. I refuse to limit my chars' PvE abilities just so I can be decent at PvP and the other way around.

The current system gives you a choice, either be crappy at PvP or PvE. So for me, a different PvE/PvP build would definitely, at least, have me try PvP as opposed to completely avoiding it.

I can understand people seeing it as a 'bad business move' because it would cause people to respec less. I can only speak for myself when saying I don't agree. The system as it currently stands just causes people to stay away from a big part of the game because they don't want to make compromises.

The current situation causes worthless PvE players because they're rocking a PvP build and players who avoid PvP altogether because their PvE build would suck. Wouldn't it be, as Aedenos said already, a bad business decision NOT to make this change? It definitely looks like it from my personal point of view.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If they do use this idea, I think the change should be automatic based on when you enter a PvP or PvE area. Not something you can change whenever you want. The reason is that it will be abused. For example, some players may make 2 different PvP builds and then switch between them on the fly depending on the battle. And then it's not being used for what it's original purpose was.

If they make a PvP and PvE skill build, then let it be permanent for each type of area until you do a respec.
    To make it better for us players, just dont' allow your build to change while in PVP. If you want to change. Leave and come back.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Really hoping this gets implemented in the game. Maybe if there was a whole 'nother game world-ish thing for pvp where you start at level 1 again and you level up just through pvp, and you have a separate inventory for pvp items? And when you go back to PVE everything is the same as before? I don't know, my brain is strange :S
    Last edited by Tehdrunktiger; 07-12-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I know that the team would love to have an alternate skill build that you can quickly change between. We'll see if we can work it into the already pretty full schedule of updates we're working on.
    I know. I know. This is very old. But its still very relevant. Do you think it will ever happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This necro is Pheonix approved™
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Great necro! We need this now. Make it cost 20 plat like suggested. Gives some revenue to STS that would otherwise be lost. Although I think most players spec for either pvp or pve and don't repsec often so it can't be a large revenue generator.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Great necro! We need this now. Make it cost 20 plat like suggested. Gives some revenue to STS that would otherwise be lost. Although I think most players spec for either pvp or pve and don't repsec often so it can't be a large revenue generator.
    I for one will not respec for PVP over PVE. So, basically, half of the game is lost for me. I PVP "occasionally" but nearly as much as I might if I could spec a good build. I'm sure there are many others that will pay for respec, but imagine how many more people would join in if they could have both specs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Definitely +1. Adjusting to multiple situations would make party class combinations vary even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Maybe an old thread but I'm going to say again what I said in some similar threads in the past...

I never even tried PvP once, because my super PvE build would get obliterated in PvP. I refuse to limit my chars' PvE abilities just so I can be decent at PvP and the other way around.

The current system gives you a choice, either be crappy at PvP or PvE. So for me, a different PvE/PvP build would definitely, at least, have me try PvP as opposed to completely avoiding it.

I can understand people seeing it as a 'bad business move' because it would cause people to respec less. I can only speak for myself when saying I don't agree. The system as it currently stands just causes people to stay away from a big part of the game because they don't want to make compromises.

The current situation causes worthless PvE players because they're rocking a PvP build and players who avoid PvP altogether because their PvE build would suck. Wouldn't it be, as Aedenos said already, a bad business decision NOT to make this change? It definitely looks like it from my personal point of view.
    I completely agree. I want to add, many people respec just to try different builds. Say I am using traps but I want to use a different skill.. I'll just respec and get what skill I want. Not everyone sticks with the same build. I mainly pve/elite. I haven't gone pvp because, like Jaytb wrote, I don't want to compromise my pve build for elites. I see it as another way to encourage players to explore more of the game, like Jay wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I know that the team would love to have an alternate skill build that you can quickly change between. We'll see if we can work it into the already pretty full schedule of updates we're working on.
    So, I know this is an old post but is this something that might get implemented into the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The display bug with passive damae bug took a year and a half to fix. The fact that it took a client update tells us it was also harder than we had initially thought. Some ideas are just too complex without being inherently necessary and get pushed aside for game expansions as a result. Would you rather have every cool idea implemented and wait a year+ in between expansions, or have expansions every 6 months with small editions thrown in in between (like the passive display fix, the event system, crafting, TDM, and other great additions)?

This is why many ideas get stuck in the hypothetical stage for so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Just wondering if it was still on the thinking block. This thread is over a year old lol just wondering

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanamerny View Post
    Just wondering if it was still on the thinking block. This thread is over a year old lol just wondering
    The passive damage display glitch was on the block for a year and a half.