Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unrewarding time in the caves, drop rates horrible, gold sink.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, I don't see what's pathetic, really.

I saw the changes coming, stockpiled the gear, made money, and still have tons more to make on my remaining hoarded pile.

I'm sorry I tend to merchant items when I see the opportunity? I'm sorry that it's a rare drop? -.-

I've never gotten a decent pink drop since being level 50, EASILY over 200+ Victory Lap runs, I got a Screaming Skull Shield when I was level 40something, that's it. I don't make threads saying the drop rate should be lowered, I made money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-15-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS: I never said anything about the trash drops being bad. I agree that they should raise the green rate for liquidation gold, but that's about it.

I love the same people who bashed me and Les for wanting these changes are now complaining.

I have four letters for you guys if you don't like the way the game is:

QUIT

=]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Please stop including me in all your posts. I think you're going overboard with this. Be happy you got your stockpile and stop announcing it every five minutes. That's probably what's pissing everyone off.

And of course the people who didn't want the drop rates lowered before are going to want them raised now. That's logical. Why would you find that strange?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I said that in response to him complaining about me taking up on the opportunity.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't change me even SLIGHTLY if -everyone- on this game hated me, wouldn't change what I do at -all-.

I group with the same people, I make my own groups, I rarely play, lol.

MMO friends don't mean anything to me, I don't hold grudges on a MMO forum, if you do, you're a child.

I'm just referring to the previous thread. You were about the only other one who had some decent points (other people agreed, but didn't have any other valid points)

I didn't say it was strange, I said I loved it. Cute how when the shoe is on the other foot, it's the EXACT same thing from the EXACT same people who told us to quit.(Just the polar opposite argument)
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-15-2011 at 06:43 PM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I don't mind the drop rate.
    But I do mind the junk drops.
    For caves, the bosses and mini-bosses should drop greens and purples, minimum.
    Even Vyx drops better junk. lol
    The gold/drops from mobs could probably be tweaked up a little bit too.
    You shouldn't be left with less after an epic Caves run

At this point, it's more efficient / faster for me to just gold/pot farm and buy any items I need (which I'm doing for the old void/rift/cosmos sets right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I stated, Elitist. You are still bragging about your fortune and stockpile, though as I said if you were like the many going broke trying to get at least one pink, you would be complaining too.
    The drop rates should be increased, I've still -yet- to see a shadow drop a pink. Well one dropped a rift battle lol. Really? Also Refriedchicken, you are digging your hole deeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got no issue with the drop rate. I think the real issue is the gold sink. I don't understand making zones that just drain all your cash. If you play smart you should as a minimum come out of a zone cash neutral. In the early days AO3 was a massive gold sink. Now its Shadow Caves.

If there is an issue with too much gold in the game maybe come up with a better idea to reduce it rather than a blanket gold tax like this. How about an "Income Tax'? Make it like normal proportional systems. 5% per month for those with more than 1 mil gold, 10% for 10 mil etc.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go farm elsewhere bro, I've seen drops there, cry because you're unlucky.

Like I said, I've made probably .5% of my money off looted items. Find out other ways to make money, if you want merchanting tips, shoot me a PM.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Regarding the drama in this thread:

1. Don't flaunt how much money you made or how much gear you got before the drop fix. This is in poor taste and makes you look bad to the community.
    2. To those who weren't able to procure these items before the drop fix, that's life. Devs won't change the drop rate because it seems to be as rare as Alien Oasis premium drops. I'm sorry you missed out on the opportunity, but if you don't enjoy the Shadow Caves, don't play them. Make money elsewhere; T'Paxx for example drops several expensive items such as Wraith Armor of the Void, which is more expensive than any of the new elite pinks. Farm for Green Ice, farm for Vyxxnar, whatever...the drop rates in the Shadow Caves are now standard low rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol a tax in a game... Yeah that sounds like fun.

That along with permanent death and we've got real life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Refriedchicken. Recently there have been a bunch of players like you who cant wait to post their achievements/moves from game that somewhat cause envy, jealously, and probably a little hatred from others. Like what Lovenus did when he made the KDR boards. But then again, to each its own. Everyone here is entitled to enjoy an online game the way they see fit. Perhaps you should sometimes keep somethings to yourself instead of broadcasting out without thinking, especially recommending others to quit. That is IMO, hostile and doesn't add any value to the growth of this game and community.

How are we going to make PL the best app if more attitude like yours surface??

And to those who happen to lose out on the recent changes, take it easy. This game is still growing/evolving. The day is still young.
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Lol refried you say that youve never died in the cave well thats just bs. and about the crying i nearly cried with laughter when i saw this post by justg:

Refried, Players consume content much faster then we can create it. I have often said "take a break" You have an incessant need to continue to tell us how we are screwing up this game This is not contributing. This is trolling.

The rate your going youll be banned then you will be crying lmao
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    Dude, I don't see what's pathetic, really.

I saw the changes coming, stockpiled the gear, made money, and still have tons more to make on my remaining hoarded pile.

I'm sorry I tend to merchant items when I see the opportunity? I'm sorry that it's a rare drop? -.-

I've never gotten a decent pink drop since being level 50, EASILY over 200+ Victory Lap runs, I got a Screaming Skull Shield when I was level 40something, that's it. I don't make threads saying the drop rate should be lowered, I made money elsewhere.
    LOL so your saying u killed over 600 bosses and got 1 drop LOL not possible please stfu with your lies like it actually made me LOL that u think this is true... i did 100 runs and 2 mirage robes so yer..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I promise I won't be crying, lol.

I'm being sarcastic when I tell them to quit, people went on for 12 pages telling me to quit because I didn't like what the 100% drop did to the economy.

Once again, I could care less about the opinion other players have about me, it doesn't change my life, or what I do at -all-.

When did I say I never died in the cave? I said as a bear, I've never died to a boss there.

Edit: I didn't just pop out and say "HEY! I got loaded from this update" for no reason, I had money before the update. It was relevant to the topic. Honestly, don't let pljealousy get the best of you, it's just a game.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-15-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    LOL so your saying u killed over 600 bosses and got 1 drop LOL not possible please stfu with your lies like it actually made me LOL that u think this is true... i did 100 runs and 2 mirage robes so yer..
    Believe what you want bro, it's the truth. You're making random assumptions.

Once again, I don't care what anyone from a MMO thinks. lol, I'm above that.

Just because I didn't feel the need to openly whine about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    Lol refried you say that youve never died in the cave well thats just bs. and about the crying i nearly cried with laughter when i saw this post by justg:

Refried, Players consume content much faster then we can create it. I have often said "take a break" You have an incessant need to continue to tell us how we are screwing up this game This is not contributing. This is trolling.

The rate your going youll be banned then you will be crying lmao
    I just saw your post and LOLed. I cant believe G said that. Thats too funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Spacetime posted a Facebook message that people should be more kind. Yet they create a huge disbalance by making the best drops in the game very common for a few days. That was bound to make a lot of people very jealous. Worse even, it makes people feel like becoming rich in the game is more of a matter of luck, and all the effort they put in may be wiped away instantly (like ppl who sold cosmos stuff for cheap when the pink drops were common). Unfairness asking for a spoiled unkind community.

How about levelling the playing field by making these drops common again and introducing even better gear that wont be easier or harder to get in future updates? Fresh start...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, I won't add to this argument.
    What I think is that the new gears are not so great (yes, I got to chance to have it all and also have the chance to compare with the older ones), except maybe for the shadows set. So, what would make them really attractive and, thus, worth wasting time and money is set bonuses. Honestly, if I didn't have the sets, I wouldn't bother looking for them until they are really helpful to run the caves more easily (isn't it the point of it?)
    Besides, I love challenge, but PL is a game for people having a few minutes to waste, so it's hard to find a strong group for a few hours in the caves. Giving a few items from time to time from trash mobs could be useful to keep people into the game. I have seen groups (and Kujen can confirm) exploding only because the witches wiped us a few times. When people lose time and money, they get angry (for some of them at least).
    So, it's just a matter of balance to keep it a fun way to spend time. And remember, it's JUST A GAME.
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Not Fun anymore

Ona, Pizzaman I mostly agree, and I see similar opinions all over the forums.

Except refriedchicken of course, who made milions and of course wants to keep the drop rate lower. Well, its your right, but what I don't like is the way you tell people to quit, if they don't like it ?? I mean what the hell, everyone is complaining about new drop rates, unrewarding time, gold sink, going bankrupt in the process, not FUN anymore, hard to get a group, have to play for hours on end, and YOU tell them to quit if they dont like it? Just because you got stahed lots of elite items and want to make a profit? And bragg all over on top of that.

People DONT'T want to quit, they just want to enjoy a fun games, as before patch !

And its not fun when you cannot get the items, and have people throwing it in your face: "I got loads of items you want and can't get, if you don't like it , QUIT"

I bought, at full price, new elite items, and try to enjoy the caves, the challenge, done loads of runs and bosess(no pinks for anyone, of course), trying to keep a party together, etc. but its just too hard, too long ( I mean I play on a mobile phone, can't spend 6 hours a day on it), and unrewarding.

I keep thinking that if you get at least 1 pink per boss, will keep the party going for it. And yes, the price might go down ( poor refried), but at least the game will be fun.

I dont want to play a game and get frustrated, angry (as Ona said), and annoyed, like people are now. I wanna play casual, enjoy, have a few laughs, make some friend and spend some money in the process, to support a good game(wink).

If that is not possible, then yes, I will quit and move on, lifes too short I simply cannot pay for something I cannot enjoy anymore.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testerx View Post
    Ona, Pizzaman I mostly agree, and I see similar opinions all over the forums.

I keep thinking that if you get at least 1 pink per boss, will keep the party going for it. And yes, the price might go down ( poor refried), but at least the game will be fun.
    This would make it interesting.
    People play to just have some fun. Who cares if the drop rate is 100%, we all want the same stuff right.
    Now some players got it all, just wait and sell all high.
    ANd yes ive been in the Shadows area a few times before the adjustment. But still this big difference is not fun.
    Level 54 -- Level 07 -- Level 50
    Ursanblessing - Icannotres - Birdinpink
    Warrior --- Mage --- Bird