Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Note About the Elondrian Bulwark

West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Could It have a more useful proc then reflect damage? I wouldn't mind it getting a taunt like proc

And a bit of extra damage....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

They could buff the base armor and damage for the weapon as a whole.

Even with a damage buff I assume the damage would still be pretty low so they should add an armor debuff proc to help alleviate the damage problem.

Also they should remove the reflect and add a shield proc with the hp regen proc. After 5 seconds the Shield and HP regen would transfer to the nearest ally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    With no pet, % passive or % (archon) rings on, damage is the same (within 1 point) on all 3 weapons, conqueror wall of assault & potency and the bulwark. The conqueror weapons additionally proc +15 str along with their armor buff.

As above, Bulwark compared to the walls (all 3 had +9 for gems):

Damage: equal (within 1 point)
    Dps: -30 points (from both walls)

Hp: +146 / +176 (over assault / potency)
    Armour: +141 (over both walls)

Mana: +220 / +80 (over assault / potency)
    That's alot of health and armor gain for losing only 30 dps. It seems stat wise a great tanking weapon. I know it adds stats from the old mythic sword and with the old pavise and Druid armor Helena or ursoth can't kill me anymore. Its rather amusing to run towards ursoth when he is about to unleash his attacks instead of avoiding them. I've been liking that set more than my heavy damage one for warrior. I have my Mage and rogue if I want to deal damage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    That's alot of health and armor gain for losing only 30 dps. It seems stat wise a great tanking weapon. I know it adds stats from the old mythic sword and with the old pavise and Druid armor Helena or ursoth can't kill me anymore. Its rather amusing to run towards ursoth when he is about to unleash his attacks instead of avoiding them. I've been liking that set more than my heavy damage one for warrior. I have my Mage and rogue if I want to deal damage.
    The Pavise was a buffed version of the legendary shield having more if every stat as welk as having an awesome proc.

The Bulwark should be competitive with legendary shields since it currently has a relationship similar to what Druid will plate shares with a mythic plate.

---

It should at least have more DPS than the wall, like the Pavise did on release.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I knew someone would like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Thats 30 dps compare to a LEGENDARY CRATE CRATE weapon. Its nowhere near enough armor and health as a MYTHIC weapon to be outshined by an item thats so readily available and cheap cheap cheap to buy. IF the procs were actually usable ingame this wouldnt be such a problem. But the procs are as worthless as the dmg is.

The only good proc is the +250 armor....but thats only for 5 secs and doesnt hit as much as it needs to imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I think people over look warriors as a damage dealer more then a tank, it's a tank class, why does it even have heal? O.o

Sorry but mages >Aoe nuke, Rogues 1v1 long ranged or short Dmg dealer. Mage should be close but not equal to the rogues damage, the Mage is a support class, but a tank is a secondary support class as a meat shielding tanker.

I learnt this in Pocket Legends.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    The Pavise was a buffed version of the legendary shield having more if every stat as welk as having an awesome proc.

The Bulwark should be competitive with legendary shields since it currently has a relationship similar to what Druid will plate shares with a mythic plate.

---

It should at least have more DPS than the wall, like the Pavise did on release.
    I agree with you there crow. I remember the pavise when it first came out and it made warriors almost invincible. I'm actually really happy with the pavise for my tanking set now.

Haven't tried the new one tho so only basing it on stats not the proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I agree with you there crow. I remember the pavise when it first came out and it made warriors almost invincible. I'm actually really happy with the pavise for my tanking set now.

Haven't tried the new one tho so only basing it on stats not the proc.
    Proc Analysis: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lwark-Analysis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

These guys are right! Its not fun to be a a pretecting wall that takes hits while the rouges and mages all the kills. It makes me feel like bait lol. STS needs to make the Bulwark's dps and damage at least greater than the conquerer of assault.. That would be cool because we'll be killer tanks not just a big piece of bait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrucho View Post
    These guys are right! Its not fun to be a a pretecting wall that takes hits while the rouges and mages all the kills. It makes me feel like bait lol. STS needs to make the Bulwark's dps and damage at least greater than the conquerer of assault.. That would be cool because we'll be killer tanks not just a big piece of bait
    "These guys" don't want to be the damage class. We want a mythic shield with the same or higher damage and DPS than the legendary shield.

I, for one, still want to tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

You can't get 3k armor. You can get almost 2.8k with an arcane ring and Abby as a pet.

7k HP is currently impossible without an arcane ring or a high HP pet.

---

The Bulwark has LESS DPS than a conqueror's wall, a legendary shield weapon. Shouldn't a mythic weapon have at least the same or similar DPS and damage to its legendary counterpart? The pavise had more, not less. If you add 20-30 damage and/or DPS to the bulwark it still has LESS than a magmatic claymore of will by a large margin.

We don't want the Bulwark to be competitive with the glaive in damage and DPS. We want it to be competitive with a LEGENDARY SHIELD in damage. It currently isn't. Its weak procs also add to the complaints.
    ^ this

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrucho View Post
    Your just like all the Bear class players in Pocket Legends...
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Meh stalker :3 I have found Jig yet again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    Meh stalker :3 I have found Jig yet again.
    J.b lazer = Justin Bieber Lazer

lel
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

All these threads about bulwark remind me about how unhappy all us mages were with kershal "proc"...if it could be called that...and the shadowflare "free, no mana skill" both are useless for a mage and they have had nothing good ever said to them about either of those features. Nothing was ever done about it. They stayed quiet long enough for us to finally shutup about it. Nothing we say will make them change anything they dont feel like changing. We jus have to chalk it up as the tanks turn for a useless weapon season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I don't have the Bulwark, so I can't speak on it for certain, but it seems to be the perfect weapon for my play style. I am what they are calling the "tanky tank". I have HoR, VB, Rally Cry and Jugg. My 5th skill is Axe Throw which I sometimes switch to just for boss fights. I am only interested in elite runs really so for my warrior, I want to be able to taunt, take damage and heal. Love what I am reading about the Bulwark. Can't wait till I get one. However, it is a mythic weapon. I agree with Crowsfoot. It should at least have the same damage as a level 41 sword and shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haifer View Post
    I don't have the Bulwark, so I can't speak on it for certain, but it seems to be the perfect weapon for my play style. I am what they are calling the "tanky tank". I have HoR, VB, Rally Cry and Jugg. My 5th skill is Axe Throw which I sometimes switch to just for boss fights. I am only interested in elite runs really so for my warrior, I want to be able to taunt, take damage and heal. Love what I am reading about the Bulwark. Can't wait till I get one. However, it is a mythic weapon. I agree with Crowsfoot. It should at least have the same damage as a level 41 sword and shield.
    Fan of Paladins?

This spec somewhat confuses me. You don't have any attack skills, one potential taunt skill, and a skill designed for buffing the attack skills you don't have. Are you holding aggro well? If so, how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Fan of Paladins?

This spec somewhat confuses me. You don't have any attack skills, one potential taunt skill, and a skill designed for buffing the attack skills you don't have. Are you holding aggro well? If so, how?
    I taunt with Jugg and HoR. I hold mobs fine as long as rogues aren't running in with blades and then drawing them away as they retreat before dying. Which skill are u referring to when u say buffing the attack skill I don't have? VB? If so, VB buffs my health to over 7k, and it increases my critical when charged. So, as I swing away with my sword or throw my axe at boss, I do have a better chance at a critical strike, while the damage isn't much, it is an increase. I've considered replacing VB with Windmill because WM taunts and does good mob damage, just not sure I want to give up the big strength and health boost I get from VB. But, if the heal proc of Bulwark is as nice as I hope, I may not even need the health boost. I don't know yet, really.
    Last edited by Haifer; 07-15-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    All these threads about bulwark remind me about how unhappy all us mages were with kershal "proc"...if it could be called that...and the shadowflare "free, no mana skill" both are useless for a mage and they have had nothing good ever said to them about either of those features. Nothing was ever done about it. They stayed quiet long enough for us to finally shutup about it. Nothing we say will make them change anything they dont feel like changing. We jus have to chalk it up as the tanks turn for a useless weapon season
    Good or bad, I am very "black and white" on issues. It works or it doesn't.

Many if the ker'shal suggested fuzes were adaptations that sacrificed some aspect to enhance another without giving up on one or the other. I don't like those plans. You can polish dirt, but it is still dirt.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lwark-Analysis

Currently, there are 3 possibke fixes per proc suggested. They all radically change the proc. None of this "we make this more, this less, and this longer. Oh, and this shorter" garbage. If it didn't work, it was suggested to be entirely thrown out. This allows a different aspect to be much stronger without Ricking the proc to be OP. I would rather have 2 usable procs than 5 worthless ones (reflect (1), hit reduction (2), over time heal (3), armor buff (4), and Str buff (5)).

They say it is unwise to put all of your eggs in one basket. I say it is unwise to use more than 2 baskets. After all, we only have 2 arms.