Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Default Archon Ring of Brutality vs. Blood Ruby of Shuyal

Which one is better for the money?

Robhawk

Ruby is still the best choice overall...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ruby gives more hp cuz it gives all stats 30+, it's dmg/dps is kind of the same.
    Unless you're a slow farmer, I think you're better of buying ruby in the long run it would help.
    Hope this helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Yeah besides arcane ring the blood ruby is still the best ring for a Mage. The slight damage gain from the archon brutality ring isn't worth the health drop from the blood ruby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

That epic ring (I think it was called stone loop of brutality) for 3k is a better buy than the Archon ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Elond fitness ring is better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Definitly not with lev 31

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I just made the decision today to switch from Blood Ruby to the Archon Ring of Brutality. Here is why....

If you do a direct comparison of both rings with perfect glacial gems, here are the differences:

Blood Ruby gives +197 health

Archon gives +2.45% crit, +1.3 damage (keep in mind the +3.5% bonus crit of the archon does not show up on the preview screen and only shows when you have it equipped)

The damage is obviously negligible, but the crit is something noticeable. Overall the Blood Ruby may be slightly better, but I don't believe it's worth the extra price. I was able to purchase a perfect Archon ring for 599k in the auction today. A perfect blood ruby is about 2m.

Also, if you were to take the extra 1.4m and try for perfect elondrian shards on the Archon, then you would make up the lost health and would still have the extra 2.45% crit, but would only have about 8 less damage, which would make the archon ring better.

The main stat you are losing with the blood ruby is DEX which is not needed for a sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The main stat you are losing with the blood ruby is DEX which is not needed for a sorcerer.
    The dex stat is highly recommended for a sorcerer. It gives good dmg and hp, hence why the mythic ring > archon ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    The dex stat is highly recommended for a sorcerer. It gives good dmg and hp, hence why the mythic ring > archon ring.
    DEX is highly recommended instead of INT or STR? How many DEX points do you spec? How many gems do you have that give DEX?

I don't know about you, but I would trade 2 DEX points for 1 STR or INT point all day long.

2 DEX points give 10 health, which is the same amount that 1 STR point gives, except the STR point boost your shield protection by 7 points also, while the DEX point does nothing for shield protection. The amount of damage a DEX point gives is a very small percentage of 1 damage point.

DEX is by far the least important of the stat points for a sorcerer. As far as passives go, I'd take INT, STR, and Crit passives all before I'd take any DEX passive points. And INT, STR and Crit are the 3 major components of the archon ring of brutality.

If you compare equal cost, which would you take?

Blood Ruby with Grand Glacial Gems, or Archon Ring of Brutality with Grand Elondrian Shards? Health points would be equal with both, you would lose a couple of damage points with the archon but would gain 2.5% crit.

Remember that the OP did not ask "which is better?" He asked "which is better for the money?"
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-07-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

DEX is highly recommended instead of INT or STR? How many DEX points do you spec? How many gems do you have that give DEX?

I don't know about you, but I would trade 2 DEX points for 1 STR or INT point all day long.

2 DEX points give 10 health, which is the same amount that 1 STR point gives, except the STR point boost your shield protection by 7 points also, while the DEX point does nothing for shield protection. The amount of damage a DEX point gives is a very small percentage of 1 damage point.

DEX is by far the least important of the stat points for a sorcerer. As far as passives go, I'd take INT, STR, and Crit passives all before I'd take any DEX passive points. And INT, STR and Crit are the 3 major components of the archon ring of brutality.
    So assuming from your post, you don't spec any dex points? Three letters bro: l, o, l

Every mage has their own ideas.. But to neglect dex is foolish, and I tell you that as a fellow mage.

If you compare equal cost, which would you take?

Blood Ruby with Grand Glacial Gems, or Archon Ring of Brutality with Grand Elondrian Shards? Health points would be equal with both, you would lose a couple of damage points with the archon but would gain 2.5% crit.

Remember that the OP did not ask "which is better?" He asked "which is better for the money?"
    If one was the better buy, I would pick neither of them. As I mentioned above in an earlier post, that epic ring for 3k is a better buy. It literally has the same stats except for the crit bonus on the archon. Keep in mind that even if the archon ring had elon gems slotted, mythic ring would still have more hp.

Sorry if I didn't clarify myself well enough from post #9, but I meant that the mythic ring IS the better ring AND is the better buy. If you got the money for it, buy it. The extra crit on archon is not even noticable. Can you tell the difference between 30% crit and 32% crit? Because I definitely can't. No one can stop anyone from buying what they want, and I'm merely stating facts for the OP to absorb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How many DEX points do you spec?

Blood Ruby stats: 30 STR, 30 DEX, 30 INT, 3.5 dmg (+15 INT with grand glacial gems)
    Total health with grand glacial gems: 585

Archon Ring of Brutality stats: 22 STR, 44 INT, 3.0 dmg, 3.5% crit (+226 health with grand elondrian shards)
    Total health with grand elondrian shards: 578

Difference is 7 health points.

As for the epic ring, it is missing some base stats as well, and can only fit 1 gem. So considering all that, you probably end up with about 8-10 less damage and 50-60 less health, and 3.5% less crit. Basically you need about 5-6 skill points in passives to make up for those lost stats.

Remember that 1% crit = 5 STR = 5 INT = 1 passive skill point.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-07-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

How many DEX points do you spec?

Blood Ruby stats: 30 STR, 30 DEX, 30 INT, 3.5 dmg (+15 INT with grand glacial gems)
    Total health with grand glacial gems: 585

Archon Ring of Brutality stats: 22 STR, 44 INT, 3.0 dmg, 3.5% crit (+226 health with grand elondrian shards)
    Total health with grand elondrian shards: 578

Difference is 7 health points.

As for the epic ring, it is missing some base stats as well, and can only fit 1 gem. So considering all that, you probably end up with about 8-10 less damage and 50-60 less health, and 3.5% less crit. Basically you need about 5-6 skill points in passives to make up for those lost stats.

Remember that 1% crit = 5 STR = 5 INT = 1 passive skill point.
    Ever wondered why you're not doing so well this season compared to s4 (supposedly, coming from you)?? I'll leave that question here for you to ponder about. At this point, Reun should have enough information to which ring he would want to buy.