Kits are not causing inflation. They do not add additional gold into the market. All they do is transfer gold from player to player. Madnex is correct with the straight plat to gold conversion offered by STS. This brings new gold into the market that didn't exist before. If these plat farmers are using this method to create ill gains it adds more gold to the economy and ultimately causes inflation. Also locks themselves create new gold every time they pay out in gold. Any newly created gold causes some minor inflation. Ener has a valid idea to limit the amount of new gold locks bring into the economy. Reducing the loot from 3 to 2 reduces the overall gold brought into the game. I think STS also needs to remove the plat to gold conversion. This is probably the main cause of inflation.

On Ener's main post he wants to increase the arcane drop rate from locks. How can anyone argue this? Are people actually saying they don't want the arcane drop rate increased? If so I have a hard time understanding why. I don't see any reason any player of AL wouldn't want this. If you are a f2p player it brings arcane items prices down which they can afford now with hard work. Moderate plat spenders may be more inclined to pop locks which raises lock prices, and they will be very happy if and when they loot an arcane. Heavy plat spenders will loot a greater number of arcanes. This will net them the same amount of gold, just that it takes more arcane items to attain it. However, these arcane items come from the same quantity of plat that it took to loot less arcanes previously. There are no losers here. I don't think increasing arcane drop rates will lose any revenue for STS either.

On a side note I think I just figured out why some don't want arcane drop rates increased. They want to be in an exclusive club, towering high above the free players laughing at what they will never achieve. They can go pvp with an advantage against non arcane players. They can get into their timed run clicks and scoff at people trying without arcane rings. They have their own little group where they each feel so much better than every other player. They need to have their egos stroked.