Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Twinking.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Dex bear (bow or talon) > str bird (including hammer bird)

Through experience
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fire ur questions away I know all of the builds.
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ersana View Post
    Fire ur questions away I know all of the builds.
    Stat-wise, but skill wise I say meh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Stats ok hmmm I'm gonna go on in like 3 mins add ersana and I'll tell u there
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, okay, how about intbears though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

if u ask me i would say go with a bird that has full int and level 35 so u can use the toad stuff and dreamers dark wand and a random shield

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I made a lvl 20 dual spec wand paladin, and she sucks. Dex bears and peppermint hammer birds always kill me. 1 vs 1 I can get a dex bear to about half health before he kills me. I have pink toy man wand, lvl 19 pink tunic, conq ironrock shield, crusaders merc helm. Heal and drain life are maxed, 1 point in ice storm, and the rest split between firestorm and lighting.

Did I do something wrong here? I always try to hit the ice storm/firestorm combo, I always use drain life when my health starts going but against these armored bears and birds it doesn't do a whole lot of damage. Any tips? I'm tempted to just go full int or level up to 30-35 because I've very disappointed with this one.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Use Zerious's build that is posted in this thread.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I did, only I have more in Int to be able to use the toy man wand, which I believe has better stats than a stormstrike wand. I just can't get enough damage in against high armor opponents. I guess I could reduce all my offensive skills and put those points in debuffs instead, but would that work? One heal from an opposing mage and they're all cleared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, no one said it would top all. let's just wait for Zerious to get here. Btw, does anyone know a good dex bear build, including gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    I did, only I have more in Int to be able to use the toy man wand, which I believe has better stats than a stormstrike wand. I just can't get enough damage in against high armor opponents. I guess I could reduce all my offensive skills and put those points in debuffs instead, but would that work? One heal from an opposing mage and they're all cleared.
    you should have one frostbite, as it's definitely easier to pull off than icestorm.

When facing dex bears, it's really hard to pull off a win since rage is overpowered atm. You just gotta keep them from using their slash skills on you, if that happens, don't expect to survive. Keep them at bay with frostbite and right before the cooldown is done, firestorm to push them AND catch the tail end of the freeze effect so it becomes a combo attack, then frostbite and repeat. Don't forget to heal and drain when your health gets lower. Again it's the only plan I've gotten to work so far, and it doesn't always guarantee victory. This strategy works against all bears but any ranged bear is definitely the hardest kill, and the counter-build of the wand pally.

Against hammer birds, pretty much the same thing but you have to frostbite then heal RIGHT after to mend your "broken armor" that birds will always pester you with; mages with broken armor are very fragile, so it's extremely important to heal it asap. After this, same thing as fighting a bear: freeze, (heal/drain), firestorm to freeze, repeat. The bird can't hurt you with its hammer, which is the core of its power. If a bird gets you with a good thwack and an avian scream, you're most likely dead. Distance is your friend.

Against warbirds (str birds with talon), just keep distance so you don't get screamed (which stuns and does a decent amount of damage even at level 1). Again, the combo stated earlier works well, but if the bird gets enough crits, you're in trouble. Just remember to HEAL, and only drain life when your health reaches about 3/5 full, that way you don't over-heal, and the bird can't combo you to death (hoping they don't get many crits).

Against full dex birds, Rush them, but start your combo with heal then drain-life; you'll most likely get one-combo-killed if you don't. then freeze, lightning, firestorm. The firestorm will hit them before lightning and hot-flash combo them since lightning has a 1 second casting speed. If you have nightmare, use it before you heal, and if you have weakness, use it before freeze. If you have both, use weakness before nightmare, THEN freeze. You wanna kill them asap, but their dps is high, so weakness first is important. NEVER NEVER NEVER do anything before heal to drain, if you do, you'll most likely die from their first combo.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Zerious, very helpful! I may need to respec again. Do you suggest taking some points out of firestorm/lightning to put into the debuffs? Like is it better to have one point (or more) in each debuff and less points in offensive skills, or put all those points into offensive skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Thanks Zerious, very helpful! I may need to respec again. Do you suggest taking some points out of firestorm/lightning to put into the debuffs? Like is it better to have one point (or more) in each debuff and less points in offensive skills, or put all those points into offensive skills?
    There is no set way to play the game. If you're not afraid to get in close and put yourself in harm's way to ironically turn the tables in your favor with debuffs, then sure, go for it. I wouldn't recommend maxing the debuffs unless you plan on being more of a rumbler (3v3 fighter) becuase this usually means you'd wind up with less points put in the damage spells. If you dont want the debuffs, but still wanna be one badazz mage., you could go full int and balance out your damage spells for INSANE spell damage output. The downside to this is you wouldn't be anywhere near as durable as the wand pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Btw guys get ready for my Workshop, I'm starting it shortly today.