Thread: Build/Combo/Something for mages to survive when soloing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Practice a skill series, maybe write it down. Practice, practice, practice. Also, run in when you have mana shield avail, then run away when you don't might help you. And coordinate that w/ your iron blood. Like Iron Blood in betw your shields or something.

I don't really have mages that are too squishy and I don't have a high level pally (didn't like the play as much as I liked my int mage), so I think there's a way. You'll just have to try it out. Maybe you have to split mobs apart more. Though I really like to kite boss and use AOEs to kill minions while also killing boss.

I also end up in multi-mage groups a lot and generally all heal. If not, particularly in LE, just say "heal for ice" and generally that makes all the mages spam heal as much as heal can be spammed. Helps a lot. In other areas, you can try "heal for stun," "heal for break armor," etc. No idea why just "heal" doesn't make mages heal more, but generally it doesn't.

Other thing to note is whether you are dying at low health (just remember to use hp pot) or at high health (you'll need to keep your hp almost perfect then). Noting this will determine whether you spam hp pots or just use them casually.

Pally build is more mana pot intensive. You might also consider having some INT and using a lower level wand/staff for a ranged attack for when range is a better option.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 01-26-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Star light, star bright...