Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't want Victoy Lap, Shadow Caves, and the rest of AO3 to die.[My solution]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I don't want Victoy Lap, Shadow Caves, and the rest of AO3 to die.[My solution]

As we all have read/heard: there is going to be new dungeons, a new level cap, and new equipment to boot.

This is a GREAT thing for the game, but there are most certainly some negatives that I personally don't want to see happen.

I ask everyone, and myself this question:

What will become of Victory Lap, the Shadow Caves, and every other AO3 map (Aside from Crush The Keeper!)?

Considering the inevitable, that the level 50 equipment won't be worth anywhere near 20% of what it is now, would you want to spend hours farming Victory Lap for a drop, for maybe 20k if you get that 5% drop?

Considering the inevitable, that level 50 equipment won't be worth anywhere near 20% of what it is now, would you spend hours in the Shadow Caves for a drop for maybe 20-30k if you get that 2%~ drop?

I know I wouldn't, and the rest of the player-base I think would agree with me. There is really no decent experience/hour in Vicory Lap, Keeper annihilates it by far. I'd hate to see it TOTALLY abandoned.

I know this has been suggested before, due to prices collapsing before the Shadow Caves update, but this is the PERFECT time for it.

I think we need to higher the inventory liquidation sales of certain AO3, and Shadow Caves drops.

By certain items I mean set items, and the newer elite equipment.

My suggestion on prices:
    Mega Blaster: 75,000-125,000
    Void Helmets: 25,000
    Void Bodies: 175,000
    Sunblessed Bow/Scimitar: 40,000
    Rift Helmets: 50,000
    Rift Bodies: 175,000-200,000
    Rift Shields: 30,000
    Cosmo Helmets: 15,000-25,000
    Cosmo Bodies: 125,000-150,000
    Laser Wand/Gurg Eyes: 95,000-110,000

Let me know how you guys feel about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

How is this different from any previous campaign? AO1 came out and the swamps didn't die, AO2 came out and AO1 didn't die. It's just not the cap anymore, but it'll be no different from every other campaign that was once the cap and is no longer...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ao1 did die, lol.

The swamps did die.

The only reason Ao2 is alive is because of the experience in Plasma Pyramid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People will continue to play it. The number of active games will drop, and a LOT straight after the cap increase. But people will come back. With another 5 levels under the belt and better equipment people will be able to solo and 2 man the maps so it will get run again. Also remember AO town will be released witha bunch of quests that will required doing the maps again.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, you honestly cannot compare AO1, AO2, or the Swamps to Victory Lap, and the Shadow Caves.

I understand they will be easier to do with a smaller group, or even solo with a higher cap (ALL of Victory Lap is EASILY soloable by a level 50 now.)

But what would the point be, if there is no money involved? The experience won't be worth the time.

I'm looking at maybe one game in Victory Lap a day, and maybe one Shadow Caves run a week, IF that.

Who would want to waste money on potions, and Elixers to kill the Shadow Mage on the third stage if the drop is 2%, and its worth scrap metal? lo
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think the real problem is that when everyone flocks to the new content, it will be ~impossible to find enough cohorts for a new player to get through the cyber quest. So what are they going to do for gear for the new campaign? Stuck with void/cosmos/rift?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Lol

here we go
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    Lol

here we go
    Yup... The new content is going to be too powerful and destroy the economy.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Set the prices all you want, someone will just sell for less. Welcome to the free market

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Set the prices all you want, someone will just sell for less. Welcome to the free market
    He means that they should liquidate for these enormous sums
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    He means that they should liquidate for these enormous sums
    Wow ... OK, sure, why not.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, maybe the numbers could be lowered, it was just a ballpark figure.

If you sold for less than liquidation price, you might need an evaluation.

Anyway, I'm not saying the economy is going to be gutted totally, but you can't deny that the current level 50 items will plumet to bare minimum, and won't be worth farming o.o

All I'm saying is I want to see Victory Lap/Shadow Caves alive when the cap is raised, new equipment is released, and new dungeons.

Let's get real, none of you will want to spend 1+ hour in the cave wasting potions, elixers over a possible 15k 2% drop, lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm gearing up to head to the caves and cyber quest within the next couple of days. My reason for doing so will be the same reason I did the swamps, Dark Forest, A01 & A02 -- as my level got higher, I needed tougher maps to beat and gear to beat them with. I farmed the swamps for days looking for Voodoo gear while all the 50's were in the new Shadow Caves. There are still a lot of worthwhile drops in the swamps for lower levels, and they still go for a price in the CS that makes them worth farming. Sure they won't get what the new sets will fetch, and as the cap rises, the prices will probably go down across the board. But when you're a level 19, 100k for gear is a lot.

I guess my point is, as long as there are people who need to level, maps will get used and farmed. From what I've heard right now Shadow Caves is problematic with a high gold sink and low drops and is a grind to boot, but I'm sure it will be rebalanced at some point. The answer to the problem isn't making the gear buy-out more, but in making the experience worthwhile. For a map to be worthwhile to me, it has to either be challenging, be good for leveling, or have just enough gold to drop to cover the cost of farming (with the hope of some rare pink dropping). It sounds like with a little tweaking, Shadow Caves will be OK.

We'll if I still think all this once I get there, heh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Lmfao, ain't that the truth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axey View Post
    Lmfao, ain't that the truth?
    Um he's speaking about liquidation price. If you can liquidate a rift helm for 300k plat why list it on the CS for less? End result is you loose the item and get less gold to boot.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Guys, we also have NO CLUE what the crafting will be like. Maybe it will give value to all items, and there will be a reason to farm all maps again. Who knows. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U are assuming there won't be any new players. Seems to me like the game has actually been a work in progress. But now with quests, end game content starting, plus some extra capital, I'd expect an ad campaign on tv or something would bring in a lot of new players. Would be cool to see a PL commercial on tv...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

yea no offense refired- but this idea kinda sucks. heres the pl economy stage:
    1; new content- prices soar
    2; prices level out
    3; new content- people panic and prices drop
    4; people need the gear for the new campaign- prices rise a little
    5: used for twinking prices are high- but never quite reach their old prices
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Lesrider already said it all. nvm.

STS threw us quite a lot of bones to chew on, while being lvl50.
    I mean how much time did we spent farming AO3 for one precise drop ?
    How long/fun was those cyber quests ?
    I started the game with ao2 but was it that hard to get a decent isis/thoth set of equipment at lvl45 ?

Now, would STS "wipe out all that content" knowing that there're very little chance new players will grind AO3 like we did ? (meaning that unless they increase ao3 drop rates, very few new players will bother looting their rift set, since they'll -supposedly- get some better ones while leveling to 55... ?

that would be a bold move if you ask me and even if you don't.

Well... maybe they will, and then, you'll be right, how many fresh lvl45s in two weeks
    - will create games in AO3 like we did to farm for an item when they can buy it cheap in the cs
    - bother with the totems, captives, shadows when they can farm mummies in order to reach 50 and then head to the next map everyone is talking about?

I posted this already on the on the 1.7 thread but i was wondering if we would have to "craft" our lvl55 gear from void/rift/cosmos...
    Make'em soulbound in the process and... there you go, new players will have to farm those AO3 maps like crazy, or buy'em in the cs..

or... maybe there's no new lvl 51 to 54 items... only hard to get lvl55 pinks...

ahh... two weeks to go...
    Last edited by recklessfa; 01-27-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

1) been suggested....nice try though....
    2) I have been around since cap was lvl 25. They never did anything about the other campaigns, when a new one was coming out, what makes this one so special? Swamps and ao1 didn't die, people still play them don't they? They don't as frequently because ao3 is the highest level campaign ATM. Change is hard but suck it up and move on....