Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Shuyal Arena Boss Feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    If you hit the boss, it comes after you and the countdown begins. If you just hit the obelisk (it's possibleto snipe it with ice or aim/nox or axe), the countdown begins but boss is not coming after you.

I remember from the test server arena that you must break the obelisk before the one minute to stop the boss from enraging. Although with the current targetability issues that the obelisk has, it's much easier to just focus on taking out the boss fast.
    Yea but if i hit boss, my pet attack him and hits obelix with his basic multiple attack. And how you do this with stahl, who is just jumping around, sometimes behind the obelix.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-18-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

First of all I'm going to make a correction on my previous post, the 60-sec countdown is not initiated if you hit the boss. There's a way; if you stick to the wall and lure the boss with non-AoE skill (eg. ice), the boss will approach without triggering the obelisk timer. Most pets have AoE passive but they only attack on a shorter range comparing to skills so if the boss is close to you, the AoE will not hit the obelisk. In cases like stahl though, it's better to stick to tanking him out and carefully deal a good amount of damage before risking to initiate the obelisk countdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Maybe because rogues can avoid the slow with razor and warriors with jugger, but no chance for a smurf even with shield.

Im gona try being instanub, and drop shield for gale, maybe that helps have no other idea.
    Razor shield does absolutely nothing against the Frostir slowdown.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    First of all I'm going to make a correction on my previous post, the 60-sec countdown is not initiated if you hit the boss. There's a way; if you stick to the wall and lure the boss with non-AoE skill (eg. ice), the boss will approach without triggering the obelisk timer. Most pets have AoE passive but they only attack on a shorter range comparing to skills so if the boss is close to you, the AoE will not hit the obelisk. In cases like stahl though, it's better to stick to tanking him out and carefully deal a good amount of damage before risking to initiate the obelisk countdown.
    Yea but these pulling and luring tactics are more difficult in a such small room. A bigger arena would be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Razor without the three seconds upgrade but 20% dodge and movement impairing effects invulnerability is working very neatly with Frostir's AoE slowdown, just needs charge.

And yes, a larger arena would be nice but mind you they're lowering the arena difficulty in the following days so we can probably make do with this size just fine then.