Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build/Combo/Something for mages to survive when soloing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

A typical 35 PvE build I might use (and recommend for the pally), is:
    5, 0, 5, 1
    5, 1, 0, 3
    3, 1, 5, 5

A build I've been experimenting with for a 35 PvE Int mage going for maximum AOE damage (experimental so use at your own risk and meant to be used with voodoo master set) is like this:
    4, 0, 5, 1
    5, 5, 0, 0
    5, 1, 3, 5
    It's fun, you kill stuff really fast, and get a lot of wows and how do you do thats from other 35s
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yup, noticed that too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to be a paper doll when I was full int~ Always dying when facing too many yellow aliens. So i put 95 into str, and I feel much stronger when soloing. Although the damage is slightly lesser but I like it.
    Brotherhood Rocks!

Palyna Level 66 full int mage
    Palyne Level 30 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    A typical 35 PvE build I might use (and recommend for the pally), is:
    5, 0, 5, 1
    5, 1, 0, 3
    3, 1, 5, 5

A build I've been experimenting with for a 35 PvE Int mage going for maximum AOE damage (experimental so use at your own risk and meant to be used with voodoo master set) is like this:
    4, 0, 5, 1
    5, 5, 0, 0
    5, 1, 3, 5
    It's fun, you kill stuff really fast, and get a lot of wows and how do you do thats from other 35s

OMG! That pally build is exactly what I made for myself! Amaazziinngg! I just changed to a pally, but I still die and what's worse, I'm chugging lots of pots! I keep panicking when I'm about to die, and then I can't keep a clear head... Are there any tips/tricks for me to keep alive and destroy before they kill me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Practice a skill series, maybe write it down. Practice, practice, practice. Also, run in when you have mana shield avail, then run away when you don't might help you. And coordinate that w/ your iron blood. Like Iron Blood in betw your shields or something.

I don't really have mages that are too squishy and I don't have a high level pally (didn't like the play as much as I liked my int mage), so I think there's a way. You'll just have to try it out. Maybe you have to split mobs apart more. Though I really like to kite boss and use AOEs to kill minions while also killing boss.

I also end up in multi-mage groups a lot and generally all heal. If not, particularly in LE, just say "heal for ice" and generally that makes all the mages spam heal as much as heal can be spammed. Helps a lot. In other areas, you can try "heal for stun," "heal for break armor," etc. No idea why just "heal" doesn't make mages heal more, but generally it doesn't.

Other thing to note is whether you are dying at low health (just remember to use hp pot) or at high health (you'll need to keep your hp almost perfect then). Noting this will determine whether you spam hp pots or just use them casually.

Pally build is more mana pot intensive. You might also consider having some INT and using a lower level wand/staff for a ranged attack for when range is a better option.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 01-26-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, LE is probably the toughest dungeons to solo before AO3 for all classes, so it's given you would fail more of less. To fail less, you should think more before acting. Even though mages are supposed to be nuke machines with little defense, you shouldn't expect pulling six mobs at once and survive. The little gorillas are especially annoying(not only that they freeze, but they do insane amounts of ranged damage and still has decent armor, much more dangerous than grownup gorillas to mages), I would think twice before charging into a pack of them even with BoM and BoV on.
    And I hardly believe paladins would do much better than int build in LE+swamp due to the high armor, high damage of the mobs.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The real question should be why do you want to solo? Game is funner in groups, and you get experience faster.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm already over the xp limit for LE, and I heard it's a good place to farm for gold....