Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    I have never played Lucian or zyra or tristana so i am not making bird into lucian or something. Bird wont be op, because he is the squishiest character and he doesnt even have highest damage output in game.

Bear has damage debuff and damage buff, he has second highest survivability and really good dps. Bear has stun and three snare skills. If you compare bear to league of legends champions, you see bear is very op too.

And so is mage with very high burst damage and proper shield.

Fox is balancing between medium-high survivability, melee range and higher burst than bird, but a lot lower dps in general.

Rhino does lowest damage but has highest survivability. He is like tanky trundle with strong heal and medium auto attack damage and not many damage skills.

All characters are OP = balanced PvP so basically none of them are OP because they are all as strong in different categories that they can take advantage of.
    You play League of Legends but you haven't played Lucian or Tristana, the most broken ADCs in the game

Fml
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    If u think pl pvp is no skill, check out al pvp, its whoever has the better gear no skill needed, ex: a arcane rogue vs a non arcane rogue, the non wrcane can have alot better tapping skills and shoot 3 skills and not kill then arcane, the arcane will just tap one skill and its gg, so the point is enjoy pl pvp.
    Yes and top of that they have dodges and non quaranteed crits too makes it even worse.
    In PvE my warrior takes so much beating hes like undying But in pvp This girl who is like !/5 of my weight shoots one pink thing to me and im like "AhH!" and fall down dead as stone. Isnt that realistic and fair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    You play League of Legends but you haven't played Lucian or Tristana, the most broken ADCs in the game

Fml
    I played jinx and Ashe like once to decide it was not for me.
    I play OP endgame toplaners Like Tryndamere and Jax mostly. And mid sometimes but very rarely and still only with melee assassins like Zed or Talon.

But this is PL PvP it doesnt matter now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo:1838263

Fml
    I played jinx and Ashe like once to decide it was not for me.
    I play OP endgame toplaners Like Tryndamere and Jax mostly. And mid sometimes but very rarely and still only with melee assassins like Zed or Talon.

But this is PL PvP it doesnt matter now
    I'm sorry but they nerfed Jax really hard a few patches ago, and I will beat Tryn 1v1 any day as long as I have ignite

Also I bet your Zed mechanics are trash
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I just logged in PL with my 73 goldshield Bird and 45 bear and talked with people. Mostly on level 45 i was talking with all those active PvPers and all of them agreed its very much about luck in pvp.

In bear vs bear both have good dodge but the first one to get his hellscream ridiculously strong debuff in, basically wins the fight. 90% of time.
    With good ping its easier and all the timing skill you need is really the thing to hit HS in range before your opponent, and then hope you dodge his debuff too. After that just walk close to him and spam all skills until he dies, and make sure HS is always on cooldown.

Same routine is for birds and mages basically and if you have enough luck to hit that debuff, its quaranteed win. Always.

In my concept HS would have 1 second stun to get closer to opponent and small damage reduction. The other debuff would have strong damage reduction and then there is cripple that snares your opponent(bear) in place so he cant get away and get rid of those debuffs. He can try to combo you off at the right moment but you have beckon to bring him with you and stomp removes all snares so you are back on him and almost winning. But if you hit beckon too late from his combo, he will get away and get rid of those debuffs and after that beckon+stun you and now he is on the winning side.

Currently first one to hit HS gets his opponent to endless debuff loop and stacks take his "hit possibility" to negative percentages so he has no way to do anything but hope for random luck with his debuffs which is almost impossible with 17hit% and opponents 50% dodge. Hes just sitting there losing hp fast.

This "remove possibilities" thing is not copy of LoL, almost every game has it like that because pvp should not be like fruit game, it should be based on player skills.
    As an example in guild wars PvP everyone has the exact same armors and weapons depending on class. It is perfectly balanced without luck. A skilled player has more kills than deaths because he is obviolsy better than his opponents and he also has point captures because its is a massive multiplayer team fight so you fight for your team not farm kills.

Words like "wtf rush, hunted" "cry noob" "you suck" are all caused by this possibility system. Without it there would not be luck based fights, it would all be skill based and better wins so there would be no reason to say "hunted" for no reason because he could not have killed you five times in a row in first place.

Also booting system causes this rage and should be removed. If you dont want random better players to come beat you up, create your own game and invite your friends.

Remove all possibilities from PvP and also someones ability to boot people from rooms. -> PvP would be perfectly fixed and people would actually start liking this game.
    On PvE side im not gonna make theories now but drop rates for "good" items are ridiculously low so only rich old players can stand a change against other rich players.(Different thing in very low levels because good items are worth like nothing so everyone can get them)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I'm sorry but they nerfed Jax really hard a few patches ago, and I will beat Tryn 1v1 any day as long as I have ignite

Also I bet your Zed mechanics are trash
    Im not gonna argue in that.
    Just talk about this concept, you can read about it in the first message of this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Do you only make rage posts?
    Rekt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Yea and the OP says that birds should be turned into a Lucian + Zyra + Teemo
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Oh you have 1% Health left and you stomp kite me... Let me dodge that and your HS snare too and kill you with double screams. <- that wouldnt happen anymore
    Im talking about low level, also if this debate is about 76 quit crying about it man. If we went with your idea it would be like a 20 tank mage vs a 20 tank mage battle, pointless and boring, at least with this we actually don't wait 2-5 min just for a death.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I've never been entirely content with the PvP system. However I think change at this point is stupid.

It's balanced enough, guys. It's very well playable. At this point we're all used to the dodge/crit/hit percent that it seems somewhat pointless to retweak stats. Odds are, STS screws things up even more.

There is not a whole lot of way to balance a game like PL, so the luck factor (in a more positive attitude) makes up for that dull and surface-leveled gameplay.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Im talking about low level, also if this debate is about 76 quit crying about it man. If we went with your idea it would be like a 20 tank mage vs a 20 tank mage battle, pointless and boring, at least with this we actually don't wait 2-5 min just for a death.
    2-5min is not bad if we consider we have two tank mages who has chosen to go for rhino style PvP. Damage is low due to bad scaling with sword and mage skills. Plus this percentages drop off would make fights shorter actually, because there would not be half of the damage income dodged.

I also talked about armor scaling in the beginning somewhere, because I took a calculator in my hand and a molten talon equipped in game.
    There was a level 77 mage and i threw talons at her until i did not crit or she didnt dodge.
    She had 200 armor and I had little over 200 damage. My basic attack without crit did like 18 damage per hit. that means 200armor reduces incoming damage by over 90%. And bears have even more armor. Thats something really crazy and dps has no value in endgame because of that armor thing. 200 armor should reduce incoming damage by max 50% and it would be fine. There are talons for birds with over 700 dps and very close range. But it doesnt matter because it wont even beat bears regen at max level.

A bow with 350Dps and very high damage kills opponents much faster than a talon with 700dps even tho you can just stand back with bow and never get close to target.
    Daggers needs major buff in damage because currently they are very useless because of this armor reduction thing. People would actually consider those if the damage would be similiar to bow damage. (bow does 500damage) Little bit less than bow damage but very short delay between attacks. Like 420 damage and what is the attack speed now maby 0.4 or 0.3s. That would end up in insane dps (like 1400-1500dps) But because of armor it would hit less damage than a bow but much faster. It would actually kill something.

I have heard some bears use daggers against INT mages because it works well with rage buff. With buff to dagger it would be OP in hands of bear so sts should balance it by making bears have major loss in skill damage compared to actual str weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I've never been entirely content with the PvP system. However I think change at this point is stupid.

It's balanced enough, guys. It's very well playable. At this point we're all used to the dodge/crit/hit percent that it seems somewhat pointless to retweak stats. Odds are, STS screws things up even more.

There is not a whole lot of way to balance a game like PL, so the luck factor (in a more positive attitude) makes up for that dull and surface-leveled gameplay.
    It is playable but causes so much rage and cry and frustration always so it would be very very good thing if sts could change it from luck based to skill based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Yea and the OP says that birds should be turned into a Lucian + Zyra + Teemo
    Just stop comparing this to League Of Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

This is a stance that I'm definitely for: reducing luck factors. It will make PL much more skill based across the board, while still retaining the classic range and movement based gameplay that it's built upon.

Of course, not everything is as easy as it seems. STS has increased damage without thought so much that by nerfing dodge, you're essentially condemning any dodge-reliant chars to be 2-3 hit killed. They'd have to completely rebalance damage, heal, and everything else. Is it worth the effort? To us, absolutely. There's just not enough of us left though to justify them putting that much tweaking and work into PL, it's more productive for them to work on AL (and create even more imbalance within that game too.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    This is a stance that I'm definitely for: reducing luck factors. It will make PL much more skill based across the board, while still retaining the classic range and movement based gameplay that it's built upon.

Of course, not everything is as easy as it seems. STS has increased damage without thought so much that by nerfing dodge, you're essentially condemning any dodge-reliant chars to be 2-3 hit killed. They'd have to completely rebalance damage, heal, and everything else. Is it worth the effort? To us, absolutely. There's just not enough of us left though to justify them putting that much tweaking and work into PL, it's more productive for them to work on AL (and create even more imbalance within that game too.)
    Do this rework to PL (takes maximum two months intensive work from sts)
    Maby throw out a TV commercial or advertise in internet somehow and dayym
    There we go plus million daily players and even more plat sold. Tell them about other sts games inside PL and even more players will arrive and this daily deal plat guy would drown in plat orders!

But sts decided to put all effort in arcane battlegrounds which I did not even look up in play store because I already know its battle dragons with AL toons and i didnt like BD much because of so many inbalances. (bombers ew quaranteed 100% every time) BD type games wont be succesfull in near future because there is this one company from Finland called Supercell blocking out every competitor so easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It is playable but causes so much rage and cry and frustration
    For you, maybe.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Do this rework to PL (takes maximum two months intensive work from sts)
    Maby throw out a TV commercial or advertise in internet somehow and dayym
    There we go plus million daily players and even more plat sold. Tell them about other sts games inside PL and even more players will arrive and this daily deal plat guy would drown in plat orders!

But sts decided to put all effort in arcane battlegrounds which I did not even look up in play store because I already know its battle dragons with AL toons and i didnt like BD much because of so many inbalances. (bombers ew quaranteed 100% every time) BD type games wont be succesfull in near future because there is this one company from Finland called Supercell blocking out every competitor so easily.
    Nah. We are not going to get million or more players through a tv or internet ad, and if we do you know what will happen? The people that join will be put off by the scammers and trolls. The game is dying, let it go.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleNoob For This Useful Post:

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

I'm going to close this now since it is no longer constructive. I'll make a note of the ideas.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: