Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Throughts on the energy and lb system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'm not asking to change this particular event, but suggesting ways to improve future ones. It's not even all about leaderboard, it's about including the rest of the players in the game. The other 98% of the customer base.

If you look back to the goblin event and Ursoth, I was there and posting also. I have been heavily involved in the game, testing and the forums for almost 2 years now.\

The goblin event was a trial, and the answer to everything was "this is a trial, we're still working on it".
    In Ursoth it was "this is the first real run of this system, people will suck it up and get used to it"

Well we haven't sucked it up, and we're not liking it any more than we did when it was released.
    Sera,

You are absolutely right and thank you for posting this. I'm running LB this event too and I came to the same conclusion as you. It cost me roughly about 12 mil to get to 29 on the LB before I stopped and realized I would be better off saving my gold and plat. I believe that a compromise can be achieved as well. Perhaps instead of crafting energy, more energy points can drop while farming or, make the price of energy a bit cheaper. 5 plat may not seem like a lot but it adds up. Also The energy should be purchasable by gold (idk if purchasable is a word just sounds funny to me). There are many ways to compromise and the requirements of the players need to be gathered properly at this time to make future events better. I don't mind spending money on this game but at some point it stops making sense to keep pouring cash into an event when you are just spending for the sake of spending. Anywho thanks again for posting this and no I haven't forgotten ( You know what i'm talking about)
    CheesyRogue Officer and Concigliere of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnsr View Post
    I don't mind spending money on this game but at some point it stops making sense to keep pouring cash into an event when you are just spending for the sake of spending.
    Whether it's in game gold, or real currency - that statement about sums up where things are for me almost a year and and half after I started playing. This event is by far the most expensive event I've seen during my time in AL.

This is not a single player MMO, in my opinion anyway. These events, are best enjoyed running with Guildmates and other memebers of the community. But now unless I farm energy non-stop (and thus NOT running the event) or spend real $$$ like it's free and in unlimited supply, I can't enjoy the event the way I'd like. I spent nearly 2 million in Gold this weekend (for energy and Ankh kits) running with Leaderboarders in my guild. Do I benefit? Yes, a bit: some vanities, and what not, but the REASON I did it because it's FUN running and supporting my guildmates. If nothing else, it's better than mindlessly running WT4 and KT4 for hours on end. If I don't have the gold to spend then I don't get to enjoy the event and get to better know my guildmates. If I can't enjoy an event, what's the point of logging in?

At some point, STS, you need to figure out a way to allow a good percentage of players to run event maps and enjoy content without players having to spend everything they have. Forget the leaderboard, I'm just talking about running the event and enjoying the game and what it offers. If you continue to isolate the community from each other (pvp drama, increasingly expensive events, etc.) there won't be anyone left to sell Leaderboard awards to. As things stand now, I suspect many will be too broke to even run the Christmas event.

Sera, thanks for a good post.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Really great feedback here, across the board. We will definitely take all of this into consideration in future events. As you've seen with this, Ursoth's and the Goblin event, we'll continue to improve improve improve on the event system!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Really great feedback here, across the board. We will definitely take all of this into consideration in future events. As you've seen with this, Ursoth's and the Goblin event, we'll continue to improve improve improve on the event system!
    Here's 1 idea-

Make energy essence farmable at all times. So we can farm energy before events and after event. This way once the event comes we will already have energy kits to run with and won't need to spend 30k per run (crazy price)

Although this is a very small step, it will make a huge change in the next events cost.

3-4 weeks isn't enough time to farm energy and actually play the event.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

That's a cool idea ninja. So people who play every day would benefit and be more likely to compete in events when they come. If the kits you craft were tradable that would keep the price of them a little lower also making people who would have to buy them more likely to compete as well. If tradable. If always farmable just raise the amount of essence or time to craft a little more to help control flow of energy into the game. There are lots of adjustments that could be made... just gotta figure out which ones yo make and think what would be best for everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't think having it farmable at all times makes sense, since then STS would not sell any energy, making the whole system pointless. However, they do make a cooldown period after an event, so why not a "warm-up" period before where essences start dropping, so people can start gathering and prepare?

I would still prefer to see free portals after map bosses, and have those bosses get energy balls added to their loot tables for occasional drops. The hard-core would still buy tons of energy, but the rest of the players would get to run the event the whole time, rather than less than an hour a day.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't think having it farmable at all times makes sense, since then STS would not sell any energy, making the whole system pointless. However, they do make a cooldown period after an event, so why not a "warm-up" period before where essences start dropping, so people can start gathering and prepare?

I would still prefer to see free portals after map bosses, and have those bosses get energy balls added to their loot tables for occasional drops. The hard-core would still buy tons of energy, but the rest of the players would get to run the event the whole time, rather than less than an hour a day.
    That's a little bit exaggerating, you can finish the runs with in like 10min BECAUSE you have all the mythic gears and all the friends with mythic gears. If you would like to try to join a random party and fight with pink gears(as 90% of the players do), it can take hours to actually finish the three daily boss. I have full arcane gear as well, but I have chars with just pinks. What arcane takes 1min pinks can take 30min. Moreover, energy essence is not hard to farm, I can get more than 30 of them in an hour in WT4. That gives me enough energy for one day of event run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Everyone on the lb gets all 3 vanities, so that's 75 vanities for each class. Even considering some people will be hoarding, I don't believe the value will accomodate the energy costs. That means I will save my gold and try buy shady and surge in the winter event.

SnS is back on winter event? I really like to see SnS in a christmas version.. maybe 2 reindeers.
    Last edited by Titanium; 10-27-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

It's not pointless. People that don't like farming will still buy energy with plat and it will cost allot less gold. This allows more people to finally have a chance at lbs for a change.

Realize how the same people win on lbs in every event. Games shouldn't be like that. It should be fun for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    That's a little bit exaggerating, you can finish the runs with in like 10min BECAUSE you have all the mythic gears and all the friends with mythic gears. If you would like to try to join a random party and fight with pink gears(as 90% of the players do), it can take hours to actually finish the three daily boss. I have full arcane gear as well, but I have chars with just pinks. What arcane takes 1min pinks can take 30min. Moreover, energy essence is not hard to farm, I can get more than 30 of them in an hour in WT4. That gives me enough energy for one day of event run.
    That's just my main. I have many characters spanning many levels, almost all are legendary, and yes I run them.

My guild has been testing wt4 and kt4 all week and the maximum energy essence in one hour for either has been 19. If you can get over 30 each hour, you must be running a different WT4 than the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    SnS is back on winter event?
    Sam confirmed it in chatbox a couple of weeks ago, yes.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-27-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

That's just my main. I have many characters spanning many levels, almost all are legendary, and yes I run them.

My guild has been testing wt4 and kt4 all week and the maximum energy essence in one hour for either has been 19. If you can get over 30 each hour, you must be running a different WT4 than the rest of us.

Sam confirmed it in chatbox a couple of weeks ago, yes.
    are you absolutely sure ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    are you absolutely sure ?
    Gah it was meant to say whim not S&S. Apologies. They're both smal and cute. Can't blame a gal for getting them mixed up...
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I totally agree on the random party comment. Depending on what player you get and if they do not know how to effectively play their class or you get an unbalanced team like 3 wars and a rogue it can be challenging. However I disagree that the gear makes a player. I would much rather run with a team of only legendary players who have balanced gear and know how to play well than with an arcane or myth team that does not know how to play their characters well.
    CheesyRogue Officer and Concigliere of Chivalrous Union

17. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    Here's 1 idea-

Make energy essence farmable at all times. So we can farm energy before events and after event. This way once the event comes we will already have energy kits to run with and won't need to spend 30k per run (crazy price)

Although this is a very small step, it will make a huge change in the next events cost.

Totally agree with you bro. On the Ursoth event I almost made the lb because it cost me only 8-10k per run. This is 3 times that amount. After seeing the prices of energy kits, I decided to only use free energy that I crafted to run. I usually spend at least 30 minutes a day in wt4 ( yes, I know, small amount). Keeping that in mind, I still haven't reached platinum tier on my main, and will not reach it on my alt. The Paracelsus stone is the only reason I am running the event and it seems pretty hard to get for F2P players who cannot spend more than 2 hours a day playing.

Also, I would like to point out the increasing amount of tricks STS can come up with to make us use plats. Paracelsus is such a plat drain. I'm predicting next event will have gates in front of boss that once you enter , you can't get back in without plat spawn (like arena).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    Here's 1 idea-

Especially when they rarely drop. I say keep if farmable, but decrease the chances so event isn't super easy, or just have next event's bosses really hard, but you have lots of energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Sleep depravation for short periods of time like 1-4 weeks is not a health risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Sleep depravation for short periods of time like 1-4 weeks is not a health risk.
    Are you joking or being serous? Do you have any idea how much of an effect sleep derpration has on the body? Especially if your older. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorde...lts-sleep-loss check this out then reply to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlegion View Post
    Are you joking or being serous? Do you have any idea how much of an effect sleep derpration has on the body? Especially if your older. http://www.m.webmd.com/sleep-disorde...lts-sleep-loss check this out then reply to me
    That article is about chronic sleep loss for months or years and none of the effects presented there will appear after short periods like this event lol.