Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
About a year ago, my life was going well, I was playing soccer, acing tests, and having fun with friends and family. I enjoyed video games as well like AL, FIFA, NHL, clash of clans, etc. One day, I was gaming for almost 7 hours on a rainy day. School was out, and I had taken a break from soccer. My wrists started hurting immediately during one of my games. I thought it was just soreness, until I woke up next morning. And the next morning. So I went to doctor, and I had Tendinitis. I was scared, because I thought I would have to get surgery. The doctor told me not to play video games, but for some reason, I couldn't control myself. I would still log on, even with my wrist brace. My mom had found out, and she took away my games for a while. I felt really sad and angry, which proved that I had an addiction. Luckily, school started the next day, and I told my friends what had happened. Suprisingly, my case wasn't even bad. One of my friends had so bad of an addiction, he played during class. Another one used 35 GB of data, just playing a game. I looked at myself and I said "Dude, what could happen if you don't stop your addiction?" So I made a list of things to help me
  • Play sports or go outside-I already do this, but I included longer workouts, which left less time for gaming.
  • Don't play more then 1-2 hours on a school day- Thank God my grades never dipped, because I would've disappointed myself a lot. Do your homework. It will leave you better off.
  • Spend more family time-What a lot of people do during an addiction, is that they start replacing family time or other important things, just for the game. Don't take a day off of work just for a new expansion. It's not going anywhere.

The point is, don't let any game, or any THING, lead you to addiction. My case is much luckier than others, but still use this one to remind you.
"About a year ago, my life was going well..." Well, what happened after? :O