Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
Does your definition of hardcore players include ability to deal out a lot of money to buy ankhs? Is there no room in this tomb for decently geared legendary players with enough experience to strategize? Is it wise to exclude the majority of end game players from this tomb and the mythic pendant quest? As it is the way I see it most players, and I'm talking about those without arcane rings, arcane pets, mythic weapons (although it seems to me even the players with these items are struggling in the new tomb) will see the tomb as an ankh sink, eating up all the hard earned gold they made, leaving them to the vicious cycle of farm-buy ankhs-spend in tomb-get broke-farm again... And for what? There isn't any immediately profitable item to strive for. At least elite zones drop something of immediate value. Exactly how is this kind of experience rewarding?

But again, my main issue is the way this tomb further divides the player base between the top tier geared and the majority legendary players, between those prepared to pay for those revives and those who would be lucky if they can have enough pots to run an elite map. If even Kalizzaa and Zeus are considering quitting the game over this new content, how would you think the majority of players feel about this? I should think that any new addition to the game should provide new experience and opportunity for players to learn and better themselves. Not exclude them and make them feel inadequate.
This. I don't mind if more people get good gear, or if more people are able to farmm or if gold prices go down, or if the mythic amulet isn't excusive to only the very richest tier of players who already have everything anyway. People don't want to spend months alone trying to find groups for old content... People want to play with their friends. Not all end game players are fully equipped some have been playing for months and its unfair to just box them off as uncommitted or unworthy of playing new content.. they have waited just as long as us for something new and exciting.

I'm in a guild where well geared and averagely geared players are all mixed up, and there is no discrimination between who we play with at all which I love. Content which is only (just) playable for the OP doesn't make me happy because I want to play with my friends, and I don't want who I'm friends with to be based on gear.