Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Questions for the devs regarding craftable gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Whats up with the PVE fanatics?
    Ener basic idea was good.
    StS developed and wrapped it up with their Gamble gamble system.

BUT this does not mean because Energizeric advocated the idea he should go farm. Lmao.
    A idea is nothing but a idea and words are words. Actions may differ from words for various and legitimate reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    I dont understand why everything in this game is a lottery. Loot this, loot that, you guys by any chance have a chance on looting your sallary as well?
    Well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Whats up with the PVE fanatics?
    Ener basic idea was good.
    StS developed and wrapped it up with their Gamble gamble system.

BUT this does not mean because Energizeric advocated the idea he should go farm. Lmao.
    A idea is nothing but a idea and words are words. Actions may differ from words for various and legitimate reasons.

Well said.
    Nothing is up, it's just that elite PVE is now sucking end game players dry every which way and now we're being told to farm maps and loot somewhere else and then someday you can get what you want, because

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There is no point in farming for the exact items you want.
    So then what's the point of PVE exactly? Or are we all just running for ****s, giggles, and random lotto tickets?
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-26-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Making the arena planar items usable as the base would solve the problem perfectly well. They are rare, but not excessively so, and have absolutely no use with their current stats. We were promised that they would tie in once the tombs were released, and this did not happen.

The only imbued that is actually better than mythics is seemingly the warrior of assault one. It is extremely disappointing that the others were so heavily nerfed that they are no longer the "better-than-old-mythic" quality we were promised.

Now they are also so virtually unattainable by farming that STS may as well have put them in locked. Ridiculous.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I am fine with the new PVE system. Sure its hard but if you combine effort with Luck you can make some legit cash in no time right now.

I know some endgamers would like to craft everything themselves straightaway but personally i prefer a scenario where there are multiple things to loot and sell in order to build the necessary money for what you desire than a direct straight forward line to your imbued gears. Being the potency and brutality versions hard to obtain the other tomb armors will maintain a decent value for a longer period.

Long story short it sucks but its still acceptable, definately better than farming elite tindirin or doing nothing. Now each time i logging i am always busy doing something.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Hey Sera,

I responded to Zeus' post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1929425

I do like your idea of allowing the Arena legendaries to be craftable as well. It would have to go through design to determine the overall game impact, but I will certainly get the idea in front of them.

Remi
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    So then what's the point of PVE exactly? Or are we all just running for ****s, giggles, and random lotto tickets?
    That is like me saying "what is the point of going to work each day since what I really want is a new car". Should I instead go to the auto store and start accumulating the parts so I can build my car? Or should I just go to work each day, earn a paycheck, and then buy the car from a car dealership like most people do?

The purpose of PvE is to earn money by farming. Then you take that money, go to the auction, and buy the items you need. Or have you not yet figured out that most of the time you loot a good item, it is NOT the one that you need or want. For example, if you finally do get a dark crystal armor or helm, it will probably NOT be the one you want since there are 12 different versions (3 classes x 4 versions per class). So even then, you will probably end up selling it.

And if they make the drop rate so high that each player has a good chance to loot the exact version they want, that means on average each player would loot 12 dark crystal armors, and then there would be 12 times as many dark crystal armors on the market as there are total players, so they would be worth 100 gold each.

That is why most of the event gear is worthless. Because every player loots a dozen or more pieces, so there are more items on the market than players who can possibly wear them. Please keep some gear rare. PLEASE!

All I'm asking for is something rare that is not an item that comes from locked crates. After pleading for this for 2 years, we finally get a couple of items like this, and now everyone is raging that they are too rare. Please let there be something rare in the game that doesn't involve locked crates.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-26-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

So the arena planar gear should remain useless and should not tie in with the tomb content at all? It is rare also but not stupidly rare like the dark items. We are not asking for it to be made easy to get the new gear, just realistic. You also have to get a ton of planar fragments and other stuff to even get the recipes to make the items. I'm all for a grind but this is legendary gear and has been nerfed so badly we now have more content not worth playing for.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    So the arena planar gear should remain useless and should not tie in with the tomb content at all? It is rare also but not stupidly rare like the dark items. We are not asking for it to be made easy to get the new gear, just realistic. You also have to get a ton of planar fragments and other stuff to even get the recipes to make the items. I'm all for a grind but this is legendary gear and has been nerfed so badly we now have more content not worth playing for.
    I agree that the planar armors and helms are pretty useless. I wish they would just rid this game of all useless legendary items as they do a disservice to the economy. Remove the planar armors and helms and make the dark crystal armors and helms also drop from the arena chests, but at a lower rate (since it's easy to get arena chests).

Really I wish that anything that was legendary be a good, useful and valuable item. Anything less than that should be epic at best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree that the planar armors and helms are pretty useless. I wish they would just rid this game of all useless legendary items as they do a disservice to the economy. Remove the planar armors and helms and make the dark crystal armors and helms also drop from the arena chests, but at a lower rate (since it's easy to get arena chests).

Really I wish that anything that was legendary be a good, useful and valuable item. Anything less than that should be epic at best.
    Planar armor is still good.

"Winter is Coming" :O