Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the recipe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Sure, let me modify my statement:

"After verifying with the design team the drop rates were not INTENTIONALLY nerfed after the weekend."

We're looking into it, and will have more info for you soon.

That being said, I really appreciate the people who remain polite and collaborative. For those of you who choose to angrily express your opinions, I understand your frustration, but you really don't help the communication pipelines in any way.

My thoughts on the issue are simple.

It is one thing to say that drop rates were not changed (intentionally or otherwise), but real numbers simply do not lie.

This is a repeat performance of the Vial drops and Fossils from Arena Chest issues.

There are literally hundreds of players, doing thousands and thousands of runs per week in arena and elite maps. If, over the course of tens of thousands of drops, everyone is saying that they have not received a Vial/Fossil/Recipe, nor have heard of anyone that has, then this is not mere speculation. This is concrete evidence that something is amiss and should be looked at.

To date, I have heard of only one person looting a Fossil out of the Arena Chest, coincidentally, during the "rain" of Recipes. Prior to the introduction of the Recipe and the high drop rate, no one looted a Fossil, and since the Recipe "nerf" (as it is being referred to), I don't know of anyone that has received one.

Vials, since the adjustment which fixed the torrent of Archons, I only know of a couple of drops (mostly through the grapevine, so I cannot be certain that the drop was real). I, myself, cataloged hundreds of elite runs during my last contest, during which time, there were literally thousands of drops with no Vials being found. To date, I haven't looted a Vial since the drop rate fix, no one in my guild has, and no one in my network of friends have either.

Recipes - a bunch of people looted them during the weekend (though not on a scale that would be alarming or disruptive to the economy), but since the last update, I don't know anyone that has received one. Collectively, we have all run the arena pretty hard (myself included). We are talking about thousands upon thousands of runs that have been fruitless.

In closing, if thousands of players are reporting the same thing, if over the course of tens of thousands of runs, everyone (including their friends) are all saying the same thing, I think that it would be disrespectful and misguided to say that we are collectively nuts and drop rates are correct. If this is indeed the drop rate, and we are talking about a chance of less than 0.001% then my thoughts are that there should be a different mechanism to attain these items (Vial/Fossil/Recipe).

A major issue, in my opinion, is the lack of reward to those that are putting in the effort. If someone runs the arena a 500 times, then there should be a reasonable expectation that your effort is rewarded. It is demeaning to run a map that many times and come away empty every single time.

There should be more to this game than simply luck! Effort, and skill should be rewarded, similar to the Juggernauts/Hero's or Nordr quests. This way, whether or not you get lucky and loot one early, you at least have a fixed goal where you know that your effort is not wasted. It is degrading to see that dozens of hours, millions in pots and hundreds of Ankh are being spent with absolutely nothing to show for it except for a mountain of worthless Noble/Architect/Shade pinks and a stead supply of auto-liquidated epic trash.

A game where everything is 100% based on luck is actually demotivating, unrewarding and yields very little satisfaction when/if you finally do get what you were after.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: