Quote Originally Posted by jesstter View Post
Hey tk, just wanted to take a few min and expand a bit on horsemans build guide. Granted im still a bit new to al, but numbers and math are a hobby of mine, and I love figuring things out.
Mainly this build is for tanking in a pt. The more I play, the more I realize how much I love looking after a pt. Gives me a sense of pride being the protector of all u squishy rogues and mages, lol.
The first bit ill share is how to define a tanks role in pt. Tanks are there to control mobs, take hits, and heal your pt members. In my opinion, going for major dps as a tank is a mistake. We arent really there to kill, leave that to the rouges and sorcerers. We keep them grouped up, so the damage members can pick off at a distance, so to me high hp and armor is a must have. Cause if the tank dies, the pt is in jeopardy, especially in a rough mob. First ill give my skills, then explain why........

Horn of renew 5/5
Vengeful blood 5/5
Windmill 5/5
Skyward smash 5/5

Passives: max to 5 on the following
Durable, might, damage and knowledge

This differs from previous guide, and heres why.... your most valuable tool as a tank is your horn of renew. It not only taunts, it heals u and ur pt. Use this often. Vengeful blood is a short term stat boost, including mana regen, which ill explain in a sec, also is a taunt skill. Windmill is taunt and damage, prob second most valued skill, and sky smash allows u to line up enemies from a distance. Plus its fun to fly down on a baddies head, lol.
As for passives, I know this is debatable. But, u def need durable. Armor is key to keeping yourself alive. Damage suppliments your hit power, so u can do some damage while holding aggro. Might is your main stat, and should b self explainatory. And finally knowledge, which is int, which helps with mana. I find that this helps keep u from having to spam mana pots. Which are expensive. U def dont wanna run out of mana in a clutch situation, hence why I spent the points here.
The next point is gear. Currently mythic lvl 36 is best all around gear, good damage, hp and armor. Investing in a full set, then completing upgrade quest is totally worth it. However, with release of icescale, investing in a full icescale of assault set is a great idea. Best armor stats ive seen. And as stated above, armor=stay alive. Id reccomend getting this set now, while event is running, and market is flooded. Keeps prices down.
So now u have 2 sets of gear, when do u switch? Easy, in a high dps party, u should go icescale. Armor is king, in a pt with dps a lil lower or in a tank heavy pt, swap for mythic. Or whatever set u had b4. Druid or necro. Your added damage will help bring down baddies faster.
My last bit in this novel is about pets. U can tweak your stats situationally with diff pets. For example, frist has armor boost, which makes him a great pet to use with icescale set. Abaddon is even better. At lvl 41 with abaddon, my armor is over 2500. Frist just below in the 2400s. With your damage gear set, use pets that boost main stat, or damage. Yowie is a great option, and is free for reaching gold tier in event. Others include, dovabear, blinky, and even prance. Just see how stats look with each, and give them a go.
ty, for reading the book here, I truly hope it helps all u warriors out there looking to tank elite maps in partys. As always feedback is welcome, even if u tell me im wrong. Haha. Happy hunting tk
Thank you for taking time to provide us with this information. ^_^