Thread: Few questions about skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Few questions about skills

Hello everyone.
    I have few questions about rogues' skills cause I had no time to test them on free respec weekend.
    Everything is for PvE, not PvP.

Shadow Piercer:
    - Is it really true that it deals more dmg with normal attack than charged?

Noxious Bolt:
    - The radius upgrade, is it worth it the point?
    - If there's no point spent in radius upgrade, can nox bolt poison other monsters around your target? If yes, how close other monsters must be to the target?
    - Is it really worth spending a skill point into 10% posion dmg boost? Cause, lets say you hit 100 with posion per tick, +10% its 110dmg per tick. Is it really worth it?

Next questions depend up to your playstyle but I'd like to hear your opinion.
    - Is it better to have Shadow Pierce with HP restore and more targets upgrade in PvE and charge it everytime for 3hits, or without upgrades (maybe 3rd upgrade) and just tap it?
    - Razor Shield or Shadow Veil? Which one helps you more in solo maps? Does Veil really help a lot to your party in elite runs?
    - If you had to choose two skills between Razor Shield, Shadow Piercer and Shadow Veil, which ones would you choose? Which for elite maps, which for arena?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I think - I answered question in game still...
    Nox
    Charged attack always do more damage. But rogue skill cooldowns is low - so we just tap skill in most situation.
    I always had radius upgrade - so really dont know
    Yes - its free stacking DOT dmg.

shadow peirce
    for dps on boss fight - just tap it
    To pass through boss to dodge his red zone - charged it
    3 skill upgrade is really good, for example- km3 arming haunlet etc.

Veil or razor
    I would say both help in soloing maps - but again it depends on your playstyle. for survival I prefer razor over veil. veil helps a lot to your party in elite maps.

For Elite maps- veil + razor
    For Arena - pierce+razor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

IMO..
    Razor if u only use bow..
    Veil if u use dagger also.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

wich upgrades u oppen on shadow piercer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hey guys.. Does the rogue damage passive stack with pet damage bonus, or should I point those points somewhere else? Thanks for info.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viziam View Post
    Hey guys.. Does the rogue damage passive stack with pet damage bonus, or should I point those points somewhere else? Thanks for info.
    It does'nt stack. Put the points elsewhere.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Hello everyone.
    I have few questions about rogues' skills cause I had no time to test them on free respec weekend.
    Everything is for PvE, not PvP.

Shadow Piercer:
    - Is it really true that it deals more dmg with normal attack than charged?
    No, charged Shadow Piercer still deals more damage than un-charged.
    Maybe what you are confused is, is about the Shadow Peircer bug. In PVE Shadow Piercer deals damage as high as an Aimshot skill.

Noxious Bolt:
    - The radius upgrade, is it worth it the point?
    Yes. Specialy when you are leveling at tombs.
    No. When you are running Elite maps, it makes larger number of mobs aggro on you.

- If there's no point spent in radius upgrade, can nox bolt poison other monsters around your target? If yes, how close other monsters must be to the target?
    Yes, Its about 3m additional radius around your target (estimated around 6 monsters max). You will have 6m overall radius of poisons debuff if you had this upgrade.
    - Is it really worth spending a skill point into 10% posion dmg boost? Cause, lets say you hit 100 with posion per tick, +10% its 110dmg per tick. Is it really worth it?
    If your pure PVE, this is a great upgrade for the Nox. It stacks in damage and in level 41 its a really big help.

Next questions depend up to your playstyle but I'd like to hear your opinion.
    - Is it better to have Shadow Pierce with HP restore and more targets upgrade in PvE and charge it everytime for 3hits, or without upgrades (maybe 3rd upgrade) and just tap it?
    If your play style is just tapping the Shadow Piercer, then don't put any upgrade on this skill at all. But if you charge the Shadow Piercer (like me), then put the HP restore and 3hits upgrades. I charge Shadow Piercer to save health potions.
    - Razor Shield or Shadow Veil? Which one helps you more in solo maps? Does Veil really help a lot to your party in elite runs?
    In solo maps, you usually run through the mobs untill you reach the boss. So Razor Shield for solo elites.
    Shadow Viel helps alot to teams, specially on clearing huge pulls.

- If you had to choose two skills between Razor Shield, Shadow Piercer and Shadow Veil, which ones would you choose? Which for elite maps, which for arena?
    For me, I'd go for viel. Shadow Viel have the highiest damage and armor buff in game. Very useful in Pure Elite Runs (pure means no elixirs) and very usefull for the party, Shorter cooldown than Razor Shield too. I'd choose it over Razor Shield in both Elite maps and Arena.

Thanks for your answers in advance!