Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
1:The number of players is rapidly declining

2:The majority of people still active are already have practically everything they desire

3:The people who have most everything they want either have no more gold to spend because there are few ways to make gold, or they just choose not to spend it because no better items have arrived and with constant deflation merching has become nothing more than a gold sink.

4:The loot system via locked crates has slowly been killing the economy since the day they were introduced which has become more noticeable as of recently

5:Buying plat and opening crates is one of the few ways left to make gold, and the more lockeds that are opened the bigger the problem becomes

Conclusion: The future of the AL looks bleak at best, with rapidly declining active players, a stale and continually deflating market, the fact that most devs have moved onto a new game.
AL will most likely become just like its predecessors.

Soon i see a "beta guild" one guild where all the top players go becoming the option that makes the most sense due to lack of activity in game.

All data points towards the fact that AL was designed for a maximum level cap of 36, everything done and introduced beyond 36 cap has been devs just making it up as they go, since originally there were no plans beyond 36. The current economy and state of AL is a culmination of those last minute plans being added in game, what it all boils down to is lack of planning beyond level 36 cap.

I already started a thread about this a few weeks ago heres the link, check it out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=devaluation

I would like to think that some of the OP ideas would help but i am very doubtful of some miraculous turnaround as far as economy is concerned.
I agree with this. As for #4 the whole aspect of locked chests having all the best gear is absurd. From a business standpoint it may make sense but from a players perspective it's in no way fun and there's hardly any reason to actually play the game. All these mythics should be obtainable through actually playing the harder elite dungeons.

When did gaming become so generic? The best game I've ever played the best armor and weapons came from killing monsters. They updated the game monthly with amazing quests where you recieved cool rewards but nothing game breaking where everyone was standing around wearing the same thing and using the same weapon.

The economy was always thriving. You didn't have 4 million people trying to get their hands on the same 20 super rare rings that are floating around. You had lower level people getting materials they could sell to the high level people who had plenty of gold so nobody was going hungry lol.

In conclusion, I would say this format of in game purchases is destroying mmorpgs. Paying monthly and having developers actually have to provide quality content to keep people playing was way better than this iap regurgitated garbage that's being pushed now. Maybe I'm just getting old haha.